News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 From the Board

Author Topic: From the Board  (Read 3851 times)

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
From the Board
« on: September 19, 2018, 09:32:13 PM »

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/news/an-update-from-the-board

One of the areas that we as a board have been keen to rectify is our communication to the fans and following Bill’s update on the work we are undertaking to understand what it would take to transition the club to full-time football, it is now my turn to provide an update from the board.

My particular focus over the summer and in the first weeks of the season has been two-fold – one of which being the new website, and the second being on the football side of things working closely with Phil and the team.

I’d like to thank everybody for their patience with regards to the new website. The biggest challenge has naturally been replacing John Laidlar in terms of pure content given the magnificent job he did. That was never going to be easy and rather than just an individual playing the webmaster role, there are various contributors now. While the content has yet to reach the levels provided by John and it may take a bit more time to get used to navigating a new website, it does offer us a better way to showcase the fantastic work that our media team, Alty TV and our excellent photographers are producing.

There is still some way to go to get it to where we would like it to be but it is getting there. The most frequent bit of feedback I have received is that the text runs off the page in some instances. This is likely a browser issue (Internet Explorer) and I would recommend using Google Chrome or Firefox. I won’t bore you with any other technical stuff!

The main reason behind the new website is to start providing current and potential sponsors with greater exposure and to start generating digital revenue streams. Whether it is to aid the quest to go full-time or just to enable us to provide greater resources to Phil and the team, that has to be done.

On the football side, we’ve worked hard to improving the infrastructure to support the players and coaching staff. The Juniors have kindly moved some of their sessions around to enable the team to train at Manchester Health Academy which is an upgrade both in quality and geographical location for the team.

We have managed to strike a deal with an industry leading data provider (Stats LLC formerly ProZone) to produce statistics on both home and away matches. Last season we only had Alty TV video for home matches but there is a league-wide partnership and agreement among the teams to provide video on all matches so that has been a good addition.

You may have noticed some of the players wearing some bizarre looking vests at our matches. We have a partnership for the first time this season with Catapult for 30 vests which have GPS tracking to monitor the fitness of all the players. The key benefit here has been for the medical staff who can monitor the fitness of players recovering from injury to know the levels of fitness they need to get back to before being considered for selection again.

Naturally, none of these new factors will necessarily see us win the next match, but they should help to prepare the team and give them an edge – however small that may be.

In terms of injuries sustained this season, we’ve been somewhat unfortunate so far with some of them like Jordan’s eye problem, Connor damaging his wrist and then illnesses to Andy White and Owen Dale. Hopefully we will have a bit more luck on that front and on the pitch in the coming weeks and months.

We do plan on making these updates from the board on a more regular basis and we will be kicking off the newsletter shortly with more details of everything that is going on at the club. Until then, if you see me at the ground at any point and have any questions, don’t hesitate to grab me and I’ll be happy to answer them.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to seeing as many of you as possible at the game on Saturday.

Rob
@AltyDaz

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: From the Board
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2018, 09:57:56 PM »

who is Rob?

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2018, 10:15:05 PM »

John Edwards

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2018, 10:15:50 PM »

If you look at the piece on the club's official website, it says, at the top, by Rob Esteva.

Jezza

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2018, 12:15:13 PM »

An informative update....thanks

Just one constructive response;

While I agree the new website is a much needed modern looking platform and understand it is a work in progress advice to use a different browser is unlikely to be taken up......if I can't see a browser in my preferred browser I'm not going to open up google chrome which I hate ( or firefox which I thought was a sonic the hedgehog character)  specially to look at one website...even if it's Alty's official website...

I look forward excitedly to the chairman's update on how the marketing of the share investment is going...

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2018, 07:42:00 PM »

While I agree the new website is a much needed modern looking platform and understand it is a work in progress advice to use a different browser is unlikely to be taken up......if I can't see a browser in my preferred browser I'm not going to open up google chrome which I hate ( or firefox which I thought was a sonic the hedgehog character)  specially to look at one website...even if it's Alty's official website...

I look forward excitedly to the chairman's update on how the marketing of the share investment is going...

Nah, it was a plane that Clint Eastwood nicked from the Russians!

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2018, 08:19:46 PM »

Do you think their might be a possibility that the new directors have bought shares in the club?

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2018, 07:16:13 AM »

Do you think their might be a possibility that the new directors have bought shares in the club?

They did, however not all of them.

I await Rob updating us on the plan to sell them
It's all my fault.

Matt Taylor

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2018, 03:56:26 PM »

Yes Hale Alty, I would assume that to be the case too. However, supporters were told that 51% of the football club would still be made available for sale after the new directors came in, should someone want to come in and buy that number of shares. Therefore, it’s not an unreasonable question to ask the board members what the plan is for advertising this majority stake in our football club? And exactly how we are making the right people aware that they are available? Especially when this board have made such a feeble job of it over the previous 15 months.

And it’s a particularly relevant question at the moment if we are potentially needing to bring in new people who would be capable of running a full time football club, with the sort of money needed to sustain it. The cloud of uncertainty hanging over the club as a result of being available ‘for sale’, or at least by having such a large proportion of shares held in treasury, can’t be helpful when trying to attract new long-term commercial partners, or for providing security to the manager and players.

They did, however not all of them.

I await Rob updating us on the plan to sell them

Perhaps Rob would be the wrong person to ask, but it is very concerning that such an important issue appears to have fallen off a cliff (maybe the same one The Sports Business fell off…?) when it comes to the club providing these new “regular updates” to supporters from the different board members.

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 From the Board