PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Bernard Taylor RIP
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Bernard Taylor RIP  (Read 9070 times)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Bernard Taylor RIP
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2018, 06:52:49 PM »

Sorry to read that Bernard has died
Condolences to his family and friends
RIP fella
Ray Sant

anglo alty

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2018, 08:27:29 PM »

Very sad news RIP Bernard

markecky2

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2018, 09:21:30 PM »

Devastated to find out about the passing of Bernard today, someone I looked up like a father figure second only to my Dad.   Had time for everyone, door was always open, hilarious, warm and knew how to get the best out of the people he worked with. 

Was he a master tactician?  God no, but he knew far more than people gave him credit for and he made you want to do things for him.

I'll never forget when I was commercial manager and the players got a holiday in Magaluf for winning the league, one of the lads had to drop out last minute as his Mrs was pregnant and the place was going to waste. He talked me into going with about 12 hrs notice and I had the funniest week of my life with Bernard, Vic, Graham, George and Keith Mairs, never saw the players but that might have been for the best.

I could tell stories for hours but those that knew him knew what he was like.  A true gentleman, god bless you Bernard.

Spoke to Vic Green  this morning, when funeral details are known then all Altrincham fans are welcome to attend.  He would have loved that.

Matt Taylor

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2018, 10:00:54 PM »

Terribly sad news. Loved Bernard.

Too many happy memories from back then, but Guiesley away (when we’d already won the Unibond league) stands out for me. When, in the rush to invade the pitch post-match to gather shirts and other mementos from the players, Bernard ended up (willingly!) stripped of what he was wearing. Only for his daughter to have to come onto the pitch and salvage his clothes for him 5 mins later because he didn’t have anything else to travel home in!
I also remember the end of one season after the last game when he came round the flags outside the NWS giving out beer to the lads who had been going home and away all year, as a ‘thank you’ for their support over the season.
And after we’d won the Unibond League Cup (which, at the time, felt so much bigger than it probably was) he personally took the trophy into hospital with him to visit a long-time Altrincham supporter who was unwell at the time and unable to attend the final. Lovely gesture.

The bond he cultivated between the players, management team and fans was special, and won’t be forgotten. Good times. Top bloke.

RIP Bernard.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2018, 08:05:43 AM »

So sorry to hear about Bernard's death. My long abiding memory of Bernard is his joy at us winning the Unibond League Cup and coming over to the fans and passing the trophy amongst us all behind the goal.

RIP Bernard, thanks for the memories and my deepest condolences to his family at this sad time.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2018, 02:48:46 PM »

rip bernard and thanks for the memories
Harold

John Edwards

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2018, 09:26:24 AM »

Last Friday's article on the club's website announcing details of Bernard's funeral had just one rather glaring omission - the date. Sincere apologies for what was an oversight on my part, and thanks to Mark Eckersall for pointing it out. For those who still haven't heard, it is taking place this Thursday, October 11th, and, as stated in the original post, Bernard's family have stressed all Alty fans are welcome to attend. Full details can be found in an updated version of the article currently on the website.

John Edwards

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2018, 08:38:12 PM »

The information, below, has just been posted on the club's website.

One final detail about Bernard Taylor's funeral for all Altrincham supporters who wish to pay their last respects to the former Robins manager, whose death was announced last week. The funeral procession will be passing the ground at 1.30pm tomorrow afternoon (Thursday) and will pause for one minute on its way to the church. The funeral will be at St Vincent's Church, at the top of Regent Road at 1.45pm, followed by a service at Altrincham Crematorium at 3pm then a reception at the Masonic Hall, Clay Lane, Timperley.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Bernard Taylor RIP