PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Vandals at the ground
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Vandals at the ground  (Read 15617 times)

Jezza

Re: Vandals at the ground
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2018, 05:28:15 PM »

I like the Alty side.....can we change the FACUP into Alty using the A?

Hopefully the FACUP bit will have been covered up...it's so tacky and is asking to be a bad omen and make us a laughing stock...

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2018, 06:39:22 PM »

I don't see why. It's not like it says we are going to win it.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2018, 06:55:12 PM »

John Laidlar's Alty Files drops a subtle clue as to the source...

A new mural has appeared on the Popular Side at the J. Davidson Stadium (pictured above). Below are our "initial" thoughts on the subject.

Red and white paint has been applied to the rear of the Popular Side terracing in alternate bands of colour.

In advance of Saturday's FA Cup match against Bradford (Park Avenue) the mural alludes to the Club's proud FA history - albeit little has been seen of FA Cup success in recent years

Catering to the modern vogue for social media, the mural advertises the hashtags #Alty and #FACup.

How and when the piece of artwork was completed remains shrouded in mystery but it is believed someone cooked up the idea earlier this week.

It is now two years since Altrincham last reached the First Round Proper, at which stage non-League clubs have the chance of a giantkilling against an EFL club.

Eventually, whether this season or next, Altrincham hope to add to their seventeen FA Cup victories against Football League clubs, which are listed below

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2018, 07:12:49 PM »

A new mural has appeared on the Popular Side at the J. Davidson Stadium (pictured above). Below are our "initial" thoughts on the subject.

Red and white paint has been applied to the rear of the Popular Side terracing in alternate bands of colour.

In advance of Saturday's FA Cup match against Bradford (Park Avenue) the mural alludes to the Club's proud FA history - albeit little has been seen of FA Cup success in recent years

Catering to the modern vogue for social media, the mural advertises the hashtags #Alty and #FACup.

How and when the piece of artwork was completed remains shrouded in mystery but it is believed someone cooked up the idea earlier this week.

It is now two years since Altrincham last reached the First Round Proper, at which stage non-League clubs have the chance of a giantkilling against an EFL club.

Eventually, whether this season or next, Altrincham hope to add to their seventeen FA Cup victories against Football League clubs, which are listed below

That woeful mural is as half-baked as one of the culprit's mince pies.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2018, 08:20:56 PM »

That woeful mural is as half-baked as one of the culprit's mince pies.

That could be deemed insulting if it wasn't so funny LOL

bighairedmike

« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2018, 08:40:32 AM »

Not the first time he’s taken it upon himself to renovate the ground without club permission. Remember the ridiculous “scoreboard” crowdfunding he attempted to get off the ground without discussion with the board?

I’d be interested to hear what the grounds committee think of this.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2018, 09:08:12 AM »

It must be a slow news week.

I really don't see the problem.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2018, 09:09:09 AM »

With any luck it'll come off with a power hose and detergent at the culprits expense.

Hash

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2018, 07:30:22 PM »

WOW you guys really don't like this do you ... your that grumpy about it i duly invite you to stand in the grumpy corner with waldorf and stratler , its a bit of fun take it as that and dont hate on everything that you dont like   ::) ::)
FFS

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2018, 06:52:55 AM »

I've no problem with the sign.
I just wish that someone can get the pigeon sh*t removed off the barriers on the pop side though, its a health hazard.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2018, 08:01:05 AM »

disappointing
Bernard Taylors barmy army

andrewflynn

« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2018, 09:38:31 AM »

WOW you guys really don't like this do you ... your that grumpy about it i duly invite you to stand in the grumpy corner with waldorf and stratler , its a bit of fun take it as that and dont hate on everything that you dont like   ::) ::)

That's the issue though. When did Moss Lane become a plaything for "a bit of fun?"

andrewflynn

« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2018, 10:14:03 AM »

My issue above anything else is the lack of consultation with fans about what they want, or whether they think it is a good idea at all.

Whether it actually is the case or not, there's the concept of an Us vs Them mentality at the club. This does nothing to debunk that, at all. Things like this are done on a whim without any thought for how fans might feel about it - and judging by this thread, the majority aren't too pleased... So the whole thing could have been avoided.

I'd actually love to see the back of the stands brightened up and the general idea and effort put in gets my full respect, but we could look at commissioning a mural or something after gauging the opinion of everyone. Not a select few.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2018, 12:34:05 PM »

Indeed and the cringworthy suggestion it was vandals doesnt stand up.  Why not just come out and say we've tarted them up and put this. 
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Hash

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2018, 12:54:34 PM »

I think it as meant to be tongue in cheek when it was announced under the heading vandals ,  its a gimmick , we dont live in a utopian world where everyone needs to be consulted , i just wish the regime could understand the fans a little better whether disenfranchised or supportive of the directors but i for one will not hate on everything that is done by the club (ps i want him out as well im just not as recipherus in my displeasure )
FFS
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Vandals at the ground