News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Just a general idea

Author Topic: Just a general idea  (Read 2935 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Just a general idea
« on: June 15, 2007, 05:05:06 PM »

Those fixture posters done by that company last season were brilliant,but we didnt get them until Christmas.

Just an idea I had,and obviously the club would have to sanction this,how about if they get more done this year (before the start of the season) Giving one to EVERY  public house in the area complete with two comp tickets for the landlord/lady first game of the season? On the understanding that the pub displayed the fixture poster where it could be seen.Just think of the exposure that would give the club in every public house in the area and also the goodwill the comp tickets would create, as the landlords of all the places told their customers that they were invited to moss lane etc.Who knows some of them may even come back to as a match or ball sponsor on the back of it?

Thoughts??

DarrenH

Re: Just a general idea
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2007, 05:11:19 PM »

Sounds like a good idea to me.
Another one was an A4 sized poster that could be emailed out to all the schools in the vicinity for them to print and display on their notice boards.

The cost to club then is minimal whilst giving great exposure.

Surely the need is to attract younger fans i.e. the hardcore fans of the future.

teasybeaver

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2007, 05:33:39 PM »

Fantastic ideas lads! pubs would be an amazin idea, plus they could raffle off the tickets if they didnt want them, attract an extra bit of interest.

Although we should avoid attracting the rabble from the freaky faulkners!  ;D

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2007, 05:34:07 PM »

Those fixture posters done by that company last season were brilliant,but we didnt get them until Christmas.

Just an idea I had,and obviously the club would have to sanction this,how about if they get more done this year (before the start of the season) Giving one to EVERY  public house in the area complete with two comp tickets for the landlord/lady first game of the season? On the understanding that the pub displayed the fixture poster where it could be seen.Just think of the exposure that would give the club in every public house in the area and also the goodwill the comp tickets would create, as the landlords of all the places told their customers that they were invited to moss lane etc.Who knows some of them may even come back to as a match or ball sponsor on the back of it?

Thoughts??
I think something like the fixture poster is already in the pipe line
@AltyDaz

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2007, 05:51:52 PM »

Top idea for both pubs and schools !

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2007, 06:17:20 PM »

Well heres the main bulk, and Id gladly deliver the tickets if it could be done (I would be driving before anyone suggests a crawl)  ;D

http://www.ukpubfinder.com/browse/0/39/831

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2007, 09:43:03 PM »

I also like the thought of fixture posters in places like the greyhound in ashley, the only bit of alty thats in the borough of macclesfield

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2007, 11:23:28 PM »

I think rather than just promoting Alty which, to a landlord is taking customers out of their pub for 4 hours on a profitable Saturday afternoon, something to make them feel part of it all. Pbviously we couldn't afford it but a signed shirt to all the boozers to put up r a print like we have in the sponsors lounge. It's absolutely ace in the Porterhouse when you see the Alty shirt up there.

Also, and I'm conscious of just suggesting things here without providing manpower, but how easy is it ti infiltrate Tescos in Alty? I mean that in the sense that you could do an offer, a free ticket for anyone who does there weekly shop on a saturday etc, I'm thinking of getting the blokles down to moss lane whilst the better half shops around! Or like incorporated on the Tesco club card points system. Like I say I should imagine its quite hard as its a multinational thing and I don't know how much leeway the store manager has. The point being that it's somewhere in Alty that on  any given Saturaday afternoon between 2 and 6 has about 2000 people in it I think, a large proportion of whom would rather be a) in the Bridge b) watching some form of football c) ice skating  :D

Maybe a bit pie in the sky.

Ideas 4 Alty

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2007, 10:17:00 AM »

I have already been contacted by a graphic designer who has offered to do some really professional looking posters. The samples I've seen are superb and they will be ideal for putting up anywhere around the town. Ideally, if we could get a good price on printing them professionally that would be great but they will also be available to download and print off on your inkjet printers at home too. I will let you know when they are ready. If anyone wants to see a sample just let me know and I can email it to you.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Just a general idea