PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Segregation
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Segregation  (Read 6533 times)

andrewflynn

Segregation
« on: October 06, 2018, 06:24:14 PM »

How many times does this issue have to be raised?

I don’t come to games to be goaded by away fans after a loss, let alone after a win, let alone on our home terrace. And I certainly don’t come to games to defuse potentially violent situations.

Get away fans on the away terrace. Treading water with this for far too long at the expense of ten pints. Someone will get seriously hurt.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 07:09:51 PM by Andrew Flynn »

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Segregation
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2018, 06:37:01 PM »

How many times does this issue have to be f**king raised?

I don’t come to games to be goaded by away fans after a loss, let alone after a win, let alone on our home terrace. And I certainly don’t come to games to defuse potentially violent situations.

Get away fans on the away terrace. Treading water with this for far too long at the expense of ten pints. Someone will get seriously hurt.

I agree
Full time and proud of it

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2018, 07:29:02 PM »

Agreed. Should also be segregated.

On the subjects of pints. We seriously need to buy one of those machines that pour numerous pints at the same time. The one's they use at festivals.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2018, 07:53:12 PM »

I agree Andrew.  One day it will kick off.  One bloke (nobhead) from Bradford shouting Macclesfield as we went past after the final whistle.
Last week we were at Kiddy. Penned into the corner of a stand no access to any other part of the ground. We let away fans move around the ground at will. I wouldn't be surprised to see them in the boardroom with there fkn feet on the table.

Welcome them by all means but not to the detriment of the home fans.

This topic comes up time and time again.

Were a fkn soft touch.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2018, 07:59:41 PM »

Agreed. Should also be segregated.

On the subjects of pints. We seriously need to buy one of those machines that pour numerous pints at the same time. The one's they use at festivals.

Just have several pints pulled and ready to serve before people come in at half time, thus saving a sh*tload of time. It's not rocket science.
Come on Alty!

arnald

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2018, 08:08:56 PM »

Bpa fans singing  mac town at  us
I'm f**kin still angry  to be honest

TheGolfRoadView

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2018, 08:16:12 PM »

Disagree for the need for segregation for that small number of away fans, particularly as the Hale End is for me the best terracing in the ground. Better stewarding could have averted the verbals, particularly with BPA attacking the Golf Road in the second half and the stewards surely knowing most Alty fans leave the ground via Golf Road. Having stewards near the BPA fans until they left the ground and the verbals probably wouldn't have happened. Obviously where there  is a bigger away following, anything over 100, then that does need segregation.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2018, 08:21:24 PM »

Bpa fans singing  mac town at  us
I'm f**kin still angry  to be honest

What an odd thing to sing to attempt the wind up as Macc go down to yet another defeat today, winless, bottom and with a fan base in revolt against both manager and owner. These Yorkshire folk, to be expected.

whiskyalty

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2018, 08:32:28 PM »

Most of the stewards left due to chairman if it does  kick off at alty most of the stewards at the moment would I believe not be able to handle the situation I hope I am never proved right .

TheGolfRoadView

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2018, 08:40:50 PM »

That's a fair point if it did really kick off, I  wouldn't really be expecting the stewards to be getting in the middle of it, you'd have to wait for the police. If away fans did want to kick off having segregation wouldn't stop that, they would just come over the barriers. My point was that just having stewards present near the BPA fans at the end of the game today could have prevented the verbals.

arnald

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2018, 08:43:52 PM »

Normal away fans would have gone home at full time after a loss ,
Not be so strange and get under are skin 

andrewflynn

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2018, 10:30:16 PM »

It was very close to getting tasty that today. As nice as Alty fans generally are, we don’t pay in to be goaded at full time on our way out. We won’t stand for it. There’s a simple fix, segregation, and I hope the club will work on it. A reminder that this isn’t an isolated incident - Alty fans (who wanted no mither) were nearly pasted across the gaff by Stafford, and a laddish element travelling with Coalville last season. Neither of those games were segregated.

Our young, voluntary stewards were quite brave and dealt with the situation the best they’re trained to. The dickheads weren’t allowed to buy a pint in the Hall afterwards I believe, so credit to the club for that.

I get the point about stewards being present to negate verbals, but surely a better use of resource would be to just have them in one stand for the 90 minutes. Everything they need is there. We are far, far, far too accommodating as a football club and as I said in the OP - someone will get seriously hurt.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 10:32:02 PM by Andrew Flynn »

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2018, 11:39:37 PM »

If the Police had been there and witnessed the events at least one BPA 'fan' would be in the nick this evening. God help him if they ever play Barnet away ;-)

« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 11:43:42 PM by JTH »

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2018, 10:30:54 AM »

It’s got nothing to do with numbers

Chester causes a gain amount of aggro with a handful a few years back

Somethings will never change
It's all my fault.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2018, 10:46:11 AM »

Quite like BPA, what on earth those blokes were up to is bizarre, leave at the end, be fed up but to openly goad fans as they are walking past you, odd
Bernard Taylors barmy army
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Segregation