PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alfreton- Match thread
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Alfreton- Match thread  (Read 8370 times)

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
Re: Alfreton- Match thread
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2018, 10:38:40 PM »

Think Dale's first game was at blthye on 1st September.
As he played Saturday, his loan has clearly been extended. And he isn't cup tied. Win win !

Fairfield Alty

« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2018, 08:15:01 AM »

Owen Dale's debut was Darlington on 25 August.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2018, 05:52:45 PM »

Good win today , great start and first half. Bossed it. Cruised second half. Poor officiating especially second half. Onwards to next week

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2018, 05:59:56 PM »

Thought we were unplayable in the first half and it wouldn’t have been an injustice to go in 5-0 infront. Some credit to heath for changing his tactics to try and stem the flow second half. Very important to get that monkey off our back and get that first home win. On to next week with confidence and hoping James Jones was only suffering a minor injury

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2018, 06:21:45 PM »

The most pleasing thing about today was the way we defended against their aerial onslaught in the second half. I thought both Hannigan and Jones were outstanding. Yeah, the game was won early today, but credit to all our defenders - TT too, who seems to like playing against Alfreton!
Really looking forward to next week now and praying for any referee who isn't that referee today.

Old Alt

« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2018, 06:24:26 PM »

An unusual match, many times Phil Parkinson has said we were unlucky not to get anything out of the game, I think the opposite was true today.
Three brilliant goals early on in the game for us, but then we sat back and let Alfreton run large parts of the game, they will probaby come away from that wondering how they lost 3-1.
I still think with Poole and Hancock, we look a much more balanced team, otherwise Hulme receives no support at all, he was booked again, and I am sure he is just frustrated with the lack of support so takes it out on the referee.
The referee dug himself into a right hole, booking 5 Alty players, the Alfreton no 8. was involved with more than one incident leading to bookings, he blocked players, fell to the floor and pushed players, but the referee saw none of it. 
Still, the first time we have scored in the first half at home in the league,  a win at home in the league and some brilliant goals. So onwards to the FA Cup with some real hope, I just don't understand why Poole and Hancock are left out and think we are much better attacking team with them included and play higher up the pitch.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 06:26:05 PM by Old Alt »

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2018, 06:24:38 PM »

Game over after first half . They were truly dreadful.

Thought that was Dales' best 45mins for us.

Can't see the Jones injury being too bad.

Looking forward to next week.

And, yes the referee was abismal
Full time and proud of it

anglo alty

« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2018, 08:26:11 AM »

A much needed home lge win hopefully on the up now we can go to Stockport with confidence I really fancy us there

Jezza

« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2018, 01:18:22 PM »

We are beginning to click...

Shame the officials in this league do'nt improve as the season progresses....and it's not so much their making the odd mistake here and there....it's the wanting to be the centre of attention, we didn't make the effort to get to moss lane to see that clown perform on Saturday and if we had I for one would have wanted my money back.

Corrupt bunch of incompetents they would book Jordan for dying his hair if it offended them....the game will not progress until refs and liners are replaced by computers with no egos.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2018, 03:26:50 PM »

Those who can, do. Those who can't, referee. And then set out to totally piss off those who can.

Where are you Phil Taylor ? We need a cogent article for the defence, but it's a big ask !

Jezza

« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2018, 04:13:57 PM »

I think he only comments on the ladies stuff having officially retired from this forum.....

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2018, 04:58:30 PM »

Shame the officials in this league do'nt improve as the season progresses....and it's not so much their making the odd mistake here and there....it's the wanting to be the centre of attention, we didn't make the effort to get to moss lane to see that clown perform on Saturday and if we had I for one would have wanted my money back.

Corrupt bunch of incompetents they would book Jordan for dying his hair if it offended them....the game will not progress until refs and liners are replaced by computers with no egos.
The referees are humanl so they make mistakes as well as the players. Do you really want robot refs who ref to the letter of the law? The referees as level may or may not be good enough to ref but shouting abuse at them is not going to help them improve. Though it is sometimes hard to not get frustrated with the referees when you feel they miss the obvious offences.
They really should be beating teams like us

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2018, 07:40:37 PM »

The referees are humanl so they make mistakes as well as the players. Do you really want robot refs who ref to the letter of the law? The referees as level may or may not be good enough to ref but shouting abuse at them is not going to help them improve. Though it is sometimes hard to not get frustrated with the referees when you feel they miss the obvious offences.

From the RR commentary I got the impression Saturday's ref was a bit of an officious prig!

Jezza

« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2018, 10:45:17 AM »

If you read my comment I clearly said it's not the mistakes...it's their attitude......

I bet half of them are cyclists with go pros attached to their helmets....

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2018, 11:35:08 AM »

If you read my comment I clearly said it's not the mistakes...it's their attitude......

I bet half of them are cyclists with go pros attached to their helmets....
Only half ?
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alfreton- Match thread