PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Nuneaton Borough
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Nuneaton Borough  (Read 10497 times)

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
Nuneaton Borough
« on: October 12, 2018, 01:48:52 PM »

John Laidlar reports rumour that they have told all their players that they're free to find new clubs.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Nuneaton Borough
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2018, 07:03:57 PM »

Nunnnyyyy
ParkINson's red and white army

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2018, 07:38:25 PM »

Nuniny but lots of Nunouty
Full time and proud of it

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2018, 08:56:22 PM »

We're supposed to be playing them in three weeks but they might have gone bust by then.

anglo alty

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2018, 08:29:32 AM »

Bit early in the season if this is true, if it is then the league has a case to answer for letting them start.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2018, 09:11:46 AM »

Bit early in the season if this is true, if it is then the league has a case to answer for letting them start.

See statement from the owner of their ground which is on John Laidlar's most recent thread. Their backers seem to have been split, or to have simply lost interest. It doesn't look good.

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2018, 10:19:15 AM »

Didn't the Gainsborough Chairman complain during the close season about Nuneaton being allowed to start the season in Conference North?
They really should be beating teams like us

anglo alty

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2018, 07:23:59 PM »

just been announced on Midlands Today Bradford on Saturday could be their last home game, very sad

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2018, 08:27:58 PM »

Article on the BBC - all looks a bit of a mess!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45877754

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2018, 09:47:03 AM »

Thrashed 6-0, man sent off and 823 fans responded to the rallying call. I’d be surprised if we have a home game a week on Tuesday...

roytonmike

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2018, 02:45:57 PM »

Thrashed 6-0, man sent off and 823 fans responded to the rallying call. I’d be surprised if we have a home game a week on Tuesday...
I suspect they may be able to field a team on October 30th but would not be able to do so two days later - players would be free agents if they weren't paid at the end of the calendar month. Either way I wouldn't expect any points gained to count in the final League table ...

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2018, 03:06:51 PM »

I suspect they may be able to field a team on October 30th but would not be able to do so two days later - players would be free agents if they weren't paid at the end of the calendar month. Either way I wouldn't expect any points gained to count in the final League table ...

Wouldnt' be more a case of league record and points being expunged and points deucted   from the teams who have gained points.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2018, 03:20:29 PM »

Wouldnt' be more a case of league record and points being expunged and points deucted   from the teams who have gained points.

That's the point Mike is making !

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2018, 03:29:13 PM »

doh i blame that crap school i went to in hale barns

Jezza

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2018, 02:27:31 PM »

How's this for a report of the last home game with nunny......a familiar ring to a nothing went right at all 3-1 predictable given the horrendous team sheet home defeat...

Altrincham went into the 2017 game with seven players out injured and it got worse. Before kick off, goalkeeper Stuart Tomlinson had been added to the casualty roll-call, joining Shaun Densmore, Sean Miller, Craig Hobson, Tom Hannigan, Tim Deasy and Micah Evans on the list of those sidelined. And Sam Heathcote was to be stretchered off before half-time.

Nuneaton took the lead in the 25th minute, against the run of play, when Geoghagon was allowed a free header from a corner but the goal was credited to Chambers amongst a melee on the goal-line.

After 32 minutes, Alty's goalkeeper, Andrew Jones, making his first league start, came out to kick clear. The ball rebounded off the back of team-mate Sam Heathcote and left Billy Daniels with an open goal and he doubled the Boro's advantage.

Shortly before the break, Alty lost Heathcote to injury after he had apparently been fouled, off the ball.

Four minutes after the interval the Robins did get back in the game when Richman converted Nicky Clee's low cross from the left byline. But the outcome was settled when Nuneaton, on the counter-attack, made it 3-1 thanks to a firm 20 yard shot from Ashley Chambers in the 64th minute.

ALTRINCHAM (Red & white striped shirts, black shorts and socks) 1. Andrew Jones, 2. Chris Lynch, 3. Andy McWilliams, 4. Jake Moult (c) 5. Sam Heathcote, 6. John Cyrus, 7. Elliot Newby, 8. Gary Jones, 9. Simon Richman, 10. James Lawrie, 11. Nicky Clee. Subs 12. Kyle Brownhill, 14. Laurence Taylor, 15. Andy Owens, 16. Damian Reeves, 20. Alan Goodall
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Nuneaton Borough