PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Nuneaton Borough
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Nuneaton Borough  (Read 10327 times)

AntonDeck

Re: Nuneaton Borough
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2018, 08:58:07 AM »

It squirmed through his legs and had enough energy left to trickle over the line.

First half was like the Alamo. Nuneaton were playing out of their skins to keep a clean sheet. Once we'd got the first goal I expected them to fold. All credit to them for keeping going to the end. Even at 3 - 0 down they still tried to come back.

Cheers

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2018, 09:19:03 AM »

Enjoyed the game tonight, my MOM could have been any from Tom Hannigan, Owen Dale and JJ. All players did their bit for me, a good all-round performance by the lads. Chorley dropped points again, win our game in hand over Chorley and we are six points behind them, and still to play home and away. On a winning streak now and I bet we give both Hereford and Chester a game in next couple of weeks.

Given time could be playoff contenders and would not discount us as possible champions. On our day we are capable of giving any team a decent game in this league. Let's see how far we can get.

I think Chorley's form has raised a few eyebrows - for the first time in a few years, it doesn't look like there's an obvious moneybags team that'll pull away just yet.

I still think we're too inconsistent (and lacking a plan B) to mount a title challenge, and two routine home wins against two of the division's bottom six sides (I'd hazard a guess) doesn't change that.

My pre-season money was on Chester, as they recruited well. They've got over the 8-1 blip v Blyth and seem to be well placed amongst the pack now.

andrewflynn

« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2018, 09:50:26 AM »

Kidderminster will win the league, for me.

anglo alty

« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2018, 12:02:52 PM »

Onward and hopefully upward only a couple of places off a play off spot difficult games coming up against Hereford and Chester + Brackley  and a re-arranged against Chorley. If  we are still in the top ten after that lot  i will be well happy and we really would be play off contenders

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2018, 12:42:52 PM »

I think it's good that we've finally got our home form back on track, but it remains to be seen whether we can maintain our consistency enough to get near the top of the league and stay there. If we could somehow put a run together similar to the one we went on last autumn/winter then anything is possible, but my gut feeling is that we'll be around the lower playoff places come the end of the season. 
Come on Alty!

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2018, 08:33:12 AM »

Just heard on Midlands news that Nuneaton have a new owner,  Nick Hawkins so hopefully Tues good result won't be in vain 😉

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2018, 10:39:30 PM »

Just heard on Midlands news that Nuneaton have a new owner,  Nick Hawkins so hopefully Tues good result won't be in vain 😉

Good news Ray. Would hate to see a proper non league club like that go under. But they really need to engage with the populace. I still wonder how many in our age group they've lost by not having reduced prices for pensioners.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Nuneaton Borough