News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Where are we heading this season???

Author Topic: Where are we heading this season???  (Read 2758 times)

old alty fan

« on: October 13, 2018, 08:01:53 PM »

Just over a quarter of the season has passed and looking at the League table we are either 4 points
 Of a play of place or 4 points of lingering at the wrong end of the table. I truly believe this team has the
 Potential to challenge for a play of place and hopefully we will reach the FA Cup 1st round.
 On to tadays game probably the best 1st half at the JD for many a year there defence had no answer for
 Our crisp passing and sharp finishing.Second half I felt was rather disappointing we controlled it ok
 But thought we could have gone in search for a couple more,granted yet again the Ref was  utter
 Embarrassing and kept stopping the game with needless yellow cards,although saying that Even though
 The pop side disagreed Jordan was correctly booked for gobbing of at the linesmen after already
 Been warned.
Incidently does anyone know when Ben Harrison is due back,for me my player of the season last year.
 Would like to see how he copes at this level.
 One last point on today what the hell happened to the atmosphere today first time for a long time it has
 Been that flat.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Where are we heading this season???
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2018, 08:17:19 PM »

If we avoid serious injuries, no reason why we can't sneak into the play offs. No probs with Jordan's card, but some of the others were ridiculous.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2018, 09:38:51 PM »

The yellow to Hulme as it was was extremely harsh as he shouted “our ball” it was unfortunate he’d just been warned about his attitude to the liner. Although he picks up numerous yellows I certainly wouldn’t want him to tone down his agression!

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2018, 10:18:32 PM »

Thought both yellows were a tad harsh concidering the persistent fouls committed by their 5 and 8.

As to where we'll finish, a lot will depend on whether Hulme is on the pitch, we're about 20% a better team when he plays.

Full time and proud of it

Old Alt

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2018, 10:26:42 PM »

Looking at the table we have earned a higher average points per game from playing the teams above us (average of 1.3 points per game), compared with the points per game from the teams below us (average of 1.16 points per game). So if we are going to get anywhere consistency is the key.
Also we still have 6 of the bottom 7 teams in the league to play at home, (if Nuneaton are still in business), if we are chasing a play off place we need to win these.
We have to play away at all the teams from 7th - 15th place in the league, so we will have plenty of chances to make up ground on our rivals, especially if our away form continues.
Finally when you look at the run in we have Telford (5th), Kidderminster (2nd) and Chorley (1st) to play after 23rd March so we have some difficult end of season games.
Having said that if we can put chances away like we did today, then we have a real chance.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 01:17:54 PM by Old Alt »

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2018, 01:16:07 AM »

Jordan wasn't just appealing for the ball. He was forcefully trying to influence the lino. Whether that was a booking is debatable.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2018, 10:07:19 AM »

Considering the amount of abuse linesman often take with no punishment the decision to booking was harsh. It was the first time I've seen anyone booked for sarcasm.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2018, 12:57:52 PM »

I feel we are properly finding our feet at the level again & we should be aiming for a good top half finish, play offs suspect may just be out of reach. Next Saturday is huge I feel, get past County and the feel good factor plus the ££ we would get will really drive us on.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2018, 06:38:39 PM »

I feel we are properly finding our feet at the level again & we should be aiming for a good top half finish, play offs suspect may just be out of reach. Next Saturday is huge I feel, get past County and the feel good factor plus the ££ we would get will really drive us on.

I agree, and as of yesterday we've got a positive goal difference.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team