PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Quality of the Fosters in Community Hall
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Quality of the Fosters in Community Hall  (Read 7189 times)

Jezza

« on: October 15, 2018, 01:12:08 PM »

Tasted really really bad on Saturday even allowing for a plastic cup.....like it had been syphoned through a toilet...

Hopefully this is a sign that the club are at last focussing on the footballing side rather than the retirement project but it would be good if we could multi task and get everything spot on....

Oh and I'm speaking for a friend...wouldn't catch me drinking that pi55 before I get called wuss and we go all off topic.....

The thwaites was fine fyi

Always a shame when I only recognise a handful of people in the bar afterwards...

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
Re: Quality of the Fosters in Community Hall
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2018, 03:23:05 PM »

There is no such thing as a decent pint of Foster's. You'll be looking for a tasty McDonald's next ffs.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2018, 04:02:59 PM »

There is no such thing as a decent pint of Foster's. You'll be looking for a tasty McDonald's next ffs.

It’s all a matter of opinion. I’m a lager drinker and it’s never been the best quality in the CSH.

Jezza

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2018, 04:12:31 PM »

There's low quality and there is tasting like pooh......seriously disgusting aftertaste....

andrewflynn

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2018, 04:51:31 PM »

It's never been a great pint at the club, even before the Sports Hall was built, the Fosters was often flat in the Noel White Suite. I suspect it may be because we don't pull many through throughout the week? So the barrel sits in between match days. I've no idea though. I opt for the cider.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2018, 06:12:45 PM »

Would be good for the club to modernise and have a 'trendier' lager on tap - perhaps even just Amstel - as well as some sort of IPA.

Fosters and San Miguel is a rubbish choice in this day and age.

Then again, if the problem lies with the kegs not being pulled through the week, it's probably not worth having anything too nice.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2018, 07:25:59 PM »

The Wainwrights is consistently good, there again I don't like lager unless I have no choice.  I only drink lager on the continent, they don't sell bitter as it is mainly unique to the UK.

Having said that, cask ale seems to only nowadays be drunk by the older generation such as myself. My kids prefer lager or Vodka shots etc. Cask ale is what I call proper beer. A lot of Manchester's bars do not sell cask ale; I always take great delight in asking for it, and then querying why they don't sell it.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 07:32:57 PM by Steve from Sale »

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2018, 07:33:46 PM »

It's never been a great pint at the club, even before the Sports Hall was built, the Fosters was often flat in the Noel White Suite. I suspect it may be because we don't pull many through throughout the week? So the barrel sits in between match days. I've no idea though. I opt for the cider.

When we had Kronenbourg 1664 in the Noel White suite, I used to find it was an acceptable alternative to my preferred real ale. I've never forgiven Watney's for stopping production of Webster's and using Halifax, a brewery with a natural spring, to produce Fosters. I don't mind decent lager, but Fosters doesn't meet the description (buy a proper "tinnie" in Earls Court and you'll see the massive difference between the real thing and the gnat's pee produced for our market).

Even so, I'll accept it's better than the chemicals in a glass that's marketed as Carling !

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2018, 07:43:14 PM »

Lager...or, as my mum used to call it, "P*ss 'n' wind!"

She had a way with words my deal old mum!

Birkonian

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2018, 08:20:34 PM »

Sounds like they don't clean the beer lines properly. On the subject of Wainwright's, why doesn't the club sell a beer from one of the huge number of Greater Manchester breweries rather than one brewed in Wolverhampton? Ashton United have their own cask beer. I'm sure that someone would be willing to brew or re-badge a beer for Alty.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2018, 08:23:59 PM »

The "quality" of the Fosters............,lost for words. Pour it all into the sea.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2018, 08:26:27 PM »

Dunham Massey Brewery up the road. They even do an Alty Ale..
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2018, 08:33:30 PM »

First sentence could not be more factually correct. The same can be said for most of the nitro-keg mass produced tasteless lagers (purposely served too cold of course so there no chance of picking up any taste) available in the UK. There are are very few quality draft lagers available - anything good seems to come in a bottle.
In my youth, if you asked for a lager in a pub or a miners welfare, the landlord almost certainly asked you if you wanted it in a "ladies glass"  ;)
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2018, 08:36:49 PM »

Dunham Massey Brewery up the road. They even do an Alty Ale..

Brought half a dozen bottles of various ales back up north with me from when I holidayed down there a couple of months ago!

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2018, 09:33:45 PM »

I assumed, perhaps wrongly that the CSH sells Wainwrights because the club has done some kind of sponsorship deal with Bank's. If you think back to the Hednesford game and the beer festival half the beers on sale were from the Banks portfolio.

On our travels I've noticed other clubs are more imaginative in their beer selection and it often sells out whilst the game is on.

By the way bitter is very last decade. Even  the stuff the club sells is called Wainwright Golden Ale.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team