PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Stockport - Match Thread
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Stockport - Match Thread  (Read 12939 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Stockport - Match Thread
« on: October 17, 2018, 07:12:56 PM »

Stockport 21/20
Draw 12/5
Alty 19/10

Hopeful young jones is fit.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Stockport - Match Thread
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2018, 07:25:02 PM »

Alty massively the value there then, worth a tenner I’d say.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2018, 07:31:42 PM »

Always wanted to draw them in the cup in late 70s and early 80s but never did .I expect a close game and really hope its not a case of playing well but just falling short .county 2 alty 1
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 07:36:25 PM by Timperley The Best »

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2018, 07:44:54 PM »

We're definitely the value, but I won't be touching it.

Same starting 11 as last Saturday. If we can be level (or even better in front) after an hour, the County faithful are going to be mighty restless . Hopefully this will transend to their players. Can definitely see us getting at least a draw and we'll score at least 1.

County 1-2 Alty (Hulme, Harrop).

Looking forward to it
Full time and proud of it

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2018, 07:50:58 PM »

Really looking forward to this. I suppose it has to be the same starting 11. Really hope Jones is fit, he has really impressed me since arriving at Alty. The huge bonus is that he is a young centre back who keeps improving.
We have a strong squad and shouldn't fear them. I hope we don't approach the game reserved. I feel we are far more dangerous to teams when we allow our full backs to get high up the pitch. Allows JJ and Dale to get in more dangerous positions as Dale was on Saturday.
Come on lads.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2018, 07:56:36 PM »

I think the big pitch there will suit us a treat. Highlights of Stockport v Hereford here, far from a classic

http://members3.boardhost.com/marionsboard/msg/1539635950.html

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2018, 08:34:44 PM »

Also, blossoms are sponsoring Saturdays match if anyone wants a sandwich and sausage roll with the Band for 60 quid

https://www.stockportcounty.com/matchday-hospitality-chance-meet-blossoms/?fbclid=IwAR3J39zCeRGWi1uQoGbL51lt8RzR6A2u_TGuIvxetEfjVGnDO1qHygyCwJ4

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2018, 10:17:34 PM »

2-2 (JJ pen, Harrop). Could be feisty out there, we need to finish with 11 on the pitch.

Attendance 3197

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2018, 11:04:44 PM »

I am more confident about this game than I was going into the Bradford game, although a draw would be  perfectly acceptable between two teams with similar records.

From working in Stockport, I get the feeling there will be a very good crowd - 3500 or so.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2018, 09:32:00 AM »

Looking forward to this game, should be a great atmosphere. Come on Alty. Hoping for an Alty win.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2018, 10:52:10 AM »

Really looking forward to this. I suppose it has to be the same starting 11. Really hope Jones is fit, he has really impressed me since arriving at Alty. The huge bonus is that he is a young centre back who keeps improving.
We have a strong squad and shouldn't fear them. I hope we don't approach the game reserved. I feel we are far more dangerous to teams when we allow our full backs to get high up the pitch. Allows JJ and Dale to get in more dangerous positions as Dale was on Saturday.
Come on lads.

Jones has always been very promising and I'm delighted he's now showing that potential - I never would have thought last season that we'd cope with missing Harrison.

When was the last time we played Stockport in the FA Cup?  In fact, have we EVER played them?

roytonmike

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2018, 12:19:48 PM »

Come on lads.
Jones has always been very promising and I'm delighted he's now showing that potential - I never would have thought last season that we'd cope with missing Harrison.
When was the last time we played Stockport in the FA Cup?  In fact, have we EVER played them?
Our paths have never crossed in national Cup competitions - only ever in the benighted Cheshire Senior Cup, and once in the Cheshire League Cup. In these cases we played their reserves; the CSC fixture in 2011-12 was nominally a 1st XI game but neither side was at full strength.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 12:24:16 PM by roytonmike »

andrewflynn

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2018, 01:41:19 PM »

Interestingly they've got a thread going with a poll for who'd they'd like in the next round.

Over the past 3/4 years I've seen us go to EP and afford County far too much respect. It won't be like that with this Alty team, I don't think. Saturday could be anything but I wouldn't be at all surprised if we blew them out of the water. Nothing to fear.

2-2 - Harrop and Hulme.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2018, 02:47:05 PM »

Interestingly they've got a thread going with a poll for who'd they'd like in the next round.

Over the past 3/4 years I've seen us go to EP and afford County far too much respect. It won't be like that with this Alty team, I don't think. Saturday could be anything but I wouldn't be at all surprised if we blew them out of the water. Nothing to fear.

2-2 - Harrop and Hulme.

Exactly this-have we even scored a goal there? It’s basically two mid-table (and I suspect that’s where we’ll both finish) sides with a great chance to make the first round proper. Going by our recent performance and goalscoring record I suspect we have more momentum going into this one then they do. I think we can and will shade it, gutted I can’t make it.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2018, 03:05:17 PM »

I think that a great game is in prospect. The last time I was at Edgeley Park, we didn't register a single shot on target. I think they might be a bit surprised by us.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Stockport - Match Thread