PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Stockport - Match Thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Stockport - Match Thread  (Read 12943 times)

Hash

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Stockport - Match Thread
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2018, 04:54:14 PM »

According to the stockport forum they are already voting on who they want in the next round ? is there any point us turning up since they are a super massive club that will obviously beat us .
FFS

anglo alty

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2018, 07:21:43 PM »

Come on boys we can do this

Birkonian

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2018, 07:44:52 PM »

Interestingly they've got a thread going with a poll for who'd they'd like in the next round.

Over the past 3/4 years I've seen us go to EP and afford County far too much respect. It won't be like that with this Alty team, I don't think. Saturday could be anything but I wouldn't be at all surprised if we blew them out of the water. Nothing to fear.

2-2 - Harrop and Hulme.

Exactly this-have we even scored a goal there? It’s basically two mid-table (and I suspect that’s where we’ll both finish) sides with a great chance to make the first round proper. Going by our recent performance and goalscoring record I suspect we have more momentum going into this one then they do. I think we can and will shade it, gutted I can’t make it.

Tom Hannigan has scored there for Fylde in 15/16.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2018, 09:37:52 AM »

How many will the Robins bring? My guess is 400-450. This ongoing train situation on the Chester-Manchester line on weekends and then the tram being up the spout this weekend too is a proper pain. Suspect that might knock off at least 50-100, just the lack of convenience.

andrewflynn

« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2018, 09:54:28 AM »

How many will the Robins bring? My guess is 400-450. This ongoing train situation on the Chester-Manchester line on weekends and then the tram being up the spout this weekend too is a proper pain. Suspect that might knock off at least 50-100, just the lack of convenience.

250-300.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2018, 01:10:30 PM »

Anyone would think the motor car hadn't been invented.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2018, 05:46:46 PM »

Anyone would think the motor car hadn't been invented.

Unfortunately drink driving isn’t allowed!

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2018, 05:18:56 PM »

Gave them 2 soft of the softest goals and didn't test their keeper anything like enough.

Bossed the 1st half without looking likely to convert. Still in the game ,then Williams goes off (who was excellent) , they score a gift and that's that.

Full time and proud of it

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2018, 05:31:42 PM »

Gave them 2 soft of the softest goals and didn't test their keeper anything like enough.

Bossed the 1st half without looking likely to convert. Still in the game ,then Williams goes off (who was excellent) , they score a gift and that's that.

Yeah Williams and Harrop were dictating play. Max went off the boil after his stupid yellow. Add that to all the stupid yellows our team pick up.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2018, 05:37:17 PM »

Wrong to bring unfit Poole on. 598 in away end chief Steward said to me on way out.

Poor second hAlf and not enough players wanting it. Real shame as I thought they were poor.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2018, 05:37:35 PM »

Better side for 40 minutes, then totally imploded. Williams a massive loss. I'd have hooked JJ after an hour. Totally ineffective.

Their physical approach in the second half changed it more than anything. Very disappointed tonight.

Cider Alty

« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2018, 05:41:19 PM »

Great support from the robins
Must say the Stockport steward set up was shambolic- did they expect Bracknell or something turning up?

Old Alt

« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2018, 05:47:47 PM »

Agreed with comments above game of two halves, we knocked the ball around well in the first half and created a couple of chances, but in the second half Stockport controlled the game.
Some decent performances early on From Harrop, Hampson and Williams.
Don’t agree with the comments about JJ, I thought he worked really hard today, I am not sure anyone was really effective in the second half, we didn’t have a decent shot on target.
The caution for Jordan was comical the Stockport player pulled him to the ground before he complained.
Maybe unlucky in the first half, but I thought overall Stockport were much the better team today.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2018, 06:16:24 PM »

My first game of the season and, alas, I found it to be a dispiriting experience.

Stockport's 1-0 lead at half-time was unmerited, however the second half amounted to nothing more than a meek capitulation by Alty and it could have easily ended up as a 4-0 defeat.

It was one-dimensional stuff from Parkinson and there seems to be a complete absence of a Plan B.

Both Dale and Johnston were frail, lightweight and unproductive and Hulme was left outnumbered and condemned to plough a thankless furrow.

Williams was doing quite well, however his replacement Poole was anonymous. Harrop appears to have plenty of skill but he does seem to overcomplicate matters unnecessarily.

Not impressed by either Jones or Hannigan. Indeed, County just looked more physically imposing than us.

That was an instance of a huge opportunity being tamely squandered.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 06:45:40 PM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2018, 06:17:05 PM »

Great support from the robins
Must say the Stockport steward set up was shambolic- did they expect Bracknell or something turning up?

Pretty sure they were monitoring the number of arriving fans and as soon as was necessary moved the netting along. Why they have home fans in that stand at all beats me when the Cheadle end is a quarter full.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Stockport - Match Thread