PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Stockport - Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Stockport - Match Thread  (Read 12940 times)

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Stockport - Match Thread
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2018, 07:01:13 PM »

Wrong to bring unfit Poole on. 598 in away end chief Steward said to me on way out.

Poor second hAlf and not enough players wanting it. Real shame as I thought they were poor.

652  according to Twitter , we haven't scored  in our last 3 games  at county ! lets hope this changes on Boxing Day.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2018, 07:27:46 PM »

Gutted about that - they were average and naturally scored the one time they got the ball into put box following a couple of minutes of pressure before that. We played some lovely stuff prior to that, but never really threatened enough.

Not sure why Dale was hooked before JJ - the latter really wasn't at the races.

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2018, 07:29:05 PM »

Great support from the robins
Must say the Stockport steward set up was shambolic- did they expect Bracknell or something turning up?

Pretty sure they were monitoring the number of arriving fans and as soon as was necessary moved the netting along. Why they have home fans in that stand at all beats me when the Cheadle end is a quarter full.
Compare and contrast with the way that we allow away teams free reign of Moss Lane.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

Is this it?

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2018, 07:57:10 PM »

My first game of the season and, alas, I found it to be a dispiriting experience.

Stockport's 1-0 lead at half-time was unmerited, however the second half amounted to nothing more than a meek capitulation by Alty and it could have easily ended up as a 4-0 defeat.

It was one-dimensional stuff from Parkinson and there seems to be a complete absence of a Plan B.

Both Dale and Johnston were frail, lightweight and unproductive and Hulme was left outnumbered and condemned to plough a thankless furrow.

Williams was doing quite well, however his replacement Poole was anonymous. Harrop appears to have plenty of skill but he does seem to overcomplicate matters unnecessarily.

Not impressed by either Jones or Hannigan. Indeed, County just looked more physically imposing than us.

That was an instance of a huge opportunity being tamely squandered.

A worthy write up, disappointing though it may be to read, and a pleasure to see such poetic prose put to good effect.  I doff my cap, sir.

andrewflynn

« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2018, 08:19:37 PM »

Must say the Stockport steward set up was shambolic- did they expect Bracknell or something turning up?

Pretty sure they were monitoring the number of arriving fans and as soon as was necessary moved the netting along. Why they have home fans in that stand at all beats me when the Cheadle end is a quarter full.
Compare and contrast with the way that we allow away teams free reign of Moss Lane.

Yep.

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2018, 08:38:01 PM »

We dominated for the first half hour, passed the ball well and it was a shame that Andy White couldn’t score with only the keeper to beat. If that went in I think we’d be in the hat for the first round. In the second half we never really looked like scoring and in cup games when it’s tight you have to stay in the game and not give away such soft goals. We are definitely conceding too many goals and we need to work out why.
Thought Sean Williams and Connor Hampson were superb.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2018, 08:40:11 PM »

Think the support today was absolutely superb, 600+ Well done to us all for turning out in great numbers.

I hope Phil, learns from today, we need a better plan B. He is still a young learning manager and so are most of the players.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2018, 08:46:37 PM »

We were fabulous in the first half. Some of my Stockport friends in the home end couldn't believe they were ahead at the interval. However, one or two half chances apart, we never really looked like scoring. Their 5 and 6 were superb and their full backs weren't bad either. They restricted us to long range efforts and though we dominated possession, we never really looked like scoring. They did score and from then on it was always going to be difficult for us. They were better than us in the second half and probably should have won by more (though that would have been cruel). Harrison and Wynne need to be recalled to the team. TT and JJ have done well, but they're not in the same league as the other two. Stocky defended better than us, they deserve to be in the next round and I sincerely wish them well. As others have said, Sean Williams and Connor Hampson were our best players today. Onwards and upwards, the Robins...

jhcorbett

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2018, 09:36:43 PM »

Cult's post pretty much sums it up.
We had a good first half, forced a couple of saves but the second goal was a daft soft one that killed us off.
Would like to see both Wynne & Harrison back in the starting 11.
Stockport were in the play-offs last year, we've just come back up: our young management team will learn more going forward.

Great turnout & support from the away fans.

This post was sponsored by the groovy gang.
Corner flags sponsored by Doris's jamrag collective.
Added time sponsored by Jed Flange, Fred Ringpiece and Ted Scrotemaster.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2018, 09:43:04 PM »

Harrison is a million miles away from starting.
Full time and proud of it

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2018, 09:54:59 PM »

I actually thought Hannigan and Jones did well today. Their threat was often out wide. The first goal came from a cross that we handed to them by not clearing our lines, White (who played well )then should have got up and prevented the lad from heading it down. Thompson was non existent for the tap in.
The second came from a poor back pass,I think it was Hampson who was superb first half but didn't do great second half. Again Thompson was poor,flying off his line and committing himself to the ground far too early. Player then easily took it around him for another tap in.
Harrison is coming back from a knee injury and is miles of starting.

jhcorbett

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2018, 10:04:48 PM »

Ah OK, cheers, that explains the Harrison situation, thought he was our best CB last season.

This post is not sponsored by the groovy gang.

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2018, 01:31:07 AM »

In many ways a summation of our season so far. They didn't have to do much to score either goal, our game plan is overly dependent on Hulme receiving to feet and when the ref decides he's the offender we've no Plan B. We clearly played the better football until 0-2 and our toothless display afterwards suggests Sean Williams' ability to retain possession high up the pitch and allow pressure to be built is underestimated by many (me included). Much is said about players learning to adapt to a higher level of football, I think that can be said of our management today.

andrewflynn

« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2018, 08:34:48 AM »

Gannon had his Stockport team incredibly well drilled and they negated all of our main threats - even during the opening 30/40 mins of Alty dominance I can only recall two decent chances to score. We had to create those for ourselves, Stockport gave us nothing.

With 60 minutes gone in the game and it looking quite obvious that Stockport had our number, it does confuse me as to why we continued to play in the same manner for the final 30.

Contrast how hard we had to work to create a chance with the soft first and gift of a second.

We were never the same after Williams went off.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2018, 10:33:30 AM »

We wouldn't if we were expecting a crowd that size. Different when there's only forty away fans.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Stockport - Match Thread