+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Appeal

Author Topic: Appeal  (Read 2331 times)

John Edwards

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Appeal
« on: October 24, 2018, 12:31:09 PM »

Hi everyone, I've just posted something on the club's website about a Christmas Toy Appeal that is being launched by Smart Storage at our game against Ashton United on Saturday. It's a great cause, if you could possibly have a quick look and try to spread the word to give it the best possible start. Cheers. 

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Appeal
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2018, 01:16:54 PM »

Hi everyone, I've just posted something on the club's website about a Christmas Toy Appeal that is being launched by Smart Storage at our game against Ashton United on Saturday. It's a great cause, if you could possibly have a quick look and try to spread the word to give it the best possible start. Cheers. 

John, is there an option to make a donation in lieu of a gift? It's an excellent cause.

It's all my fault.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2018, 05:47:47 PM »

They did this last year and the Girl teams of the club donated loads of Toys.
@AltyDaz

John Edwards

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2018, 05:56:56 PM »

Hashtag: Good question! I'm afraid I don't know the answer, but I can't imagine a generous gesture like that would be turned away. I'm pretty sure Emma, the Smart Storage manager and organiser of the appeal, will be at the game on Saturday for the launch and will be able to provide an answer. If she isn't, I will call her and find out for you.
Darren: Yes, I remember that. Great response. If you can spread the word and help generate something similar this time, it would be hugely appreciated.

John Edwards

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2018, 07:40:43 PM »

For reasons that are not immediately apparent, the Messenger decided to rewrite the story I sent them about the toy appeal. That, of course, is their prerogative, but, in the process, they made a couple of glaring errors. Firstly, as hardly needs pointing out, the appeal launch at the Ashton United game is this weekend, not last weekend. The other mistake that sticks out is that they inexplicably took it upon themselves to suggest donations could only be left at The J.Davidson Stadium main office on match days. In actual fact, donations will be gratefully received at any time during normal office hours. To reiterate, it's launch day at the Ashton game tomorrow, so please, if you can, help get the appeal off to a flying start. Cheers.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Appeal