PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Ashton United Match Thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Ashton United Match Thread  (Read 7741 times)

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Ashton United Match Thread
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2018, 09:45:00 PM »

Think Densmore and Richman are 100% fit, just haven't made the starting 11
Full time and proud of it

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2018, 09:29:37 AM »

League consolidation tomorrow..

Alty 3-1 Ashton
Att 966

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2018, 02:51:56 PM »

To be honest I would go with James Poole as a replacement for Sean Williams, and use Simon Richman as a sub. Either way, even though we do not have Sean Williams for the next 5 weeks, we are still a very strong side. Tom Peers would also be a good replacement, but will see what the management team decide to do.

Still two winnable games coming up in next couple of games; think Hereford away may also be winnable with our away form. Just hope Stockport defeat does not affect our confidence.

3-1 Alty, attendance 1021.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2018, 06:05:38 PM »

Surprised to see Thompson start and although didn't have much to do did his job.

Comfortable win in the end. They had a lot of the ball but lacked a cutting edge and didn't really threaten. Back four were magnificent and Hulme ran his bollox off, the less said about Richman the better.

Poole looks like being out for a good 6 weeks.  Leaves us very light in midfield, a loan signing can't be out of the question.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2018, 06:09:37 PM »

Richman is clearly a long way from fit. A routine performance from the lads today, and nothing to get excited about. White was my MOM. I hope Densmore is fit enough to turn out in midfield on Tuesday (if it's on of course).

Old Alt

« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2018, 06:24:39 PM »

A very, very, very dull game, but winning ugly is a skill and we certainly achieved that today. However most of the game was played in our half and Ashton had the majority of the possession.
Against any team with a level of skill the result would be very different.
I think it is centre of midfield where PP will be concerned, we missed Williams for all his hard work, endeavour and possession, the comments about Richman are a little harsh, he hasn’t played for a while, but the next few weeks will be tough if we can’t sort out the most important area of the team.
I hope the performances improve, I can’t watch much more of that.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2018, 06:29:12 PM »

Richman is clearly a long way from fit. A routine performance from the lads today, and nothing to get excited about. White was my MOM. I hope Densmore is fit enough to turn out in midfield on Tuesday (if it's on of course).

I love Densmore but only at RB. Football has improved so much since his days in midfield and he wouldn't be good enough there. Plus he's been out for time and you have to be very fit for that position.

I would simply play Hancock as no.10 and have Harrop and Moult with JJ and Dale out wide.Richman has been out for a long time and will need a few games to get fit.

It is a shame on Poole but he shouldn't have been starting. Nowhere near fit enough.

Boring game but a good victory for us. Harrop was outstanding again. Back 4 did well.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2018, 07:05:49 PM »

3 nil was a touch flattering, defended well and looked good in patches but cant argue with the result.A win on Tuesday could see is on a play off position ? Two or three ew  quality players and we could be right up there .

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2018, 08:05:40 PM »

I love Densmore but only at RB. Football has improved so much since his days in midfield and he wouldn't be good enough there. Plus he's been out for time and you have to be very fit for that position.

I would simply play Hancock as no.10 and have Harrop and Moult with JJ and Dale out wide.Richman has been out for a long time and will need a few games to get fit.

It is a shame on Poole but he shouldn't have been starting. Nowhere near fit enough.

Boring game but a good victory for us. Harrop was outstanding again. Back 4 did well.

You love a Hancock at No10 post  :D

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2018, 08:05:49 PM »

A classic it certainly was not... But.. 3 points won.
Interesting to read folks differing views on the game. Some folks thought Max was MoM, not for me I thought he wasn't at his best today.. defenders played well, my MoM would be Hulme. Yet again ploughing a lone  furrow tirelessly..

Sorry to see Poole injured early doors. I agree that a dip into the loan market could be needed.

Tbh I would rather the Nuneaton game isn't played  if as reported they are in imminent danger of dropping out of the league.
Hereford away next Sat will not be easy..
Just an hour away from Shrewsbury..😉

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2018, 08:17:12 PM »

Think Nuneaton have had a cash injection

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2018, 08:27:06 PM »

No idea how anyone can think Ashton had the majority of the possession. They had a decent amount but never looked like they would do anything with it.

We had quite a few chances that went begging. I was grateful for the home goal. Ringo just looked out of practice to me.

We've overtaken Stockport and at the moment I think our Target is to close in on Brackley. That's got to be doable.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2018, 08:49:22 PM »

Think Nuneaton have had a cash injection
No they havent, the two old directors have just written off their loans.
No new money.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2018, 09:26:59 PM »

A very, very, very dull game, but winning ugly is a skill and we certainly achieved that today. However most of the game was played in our half and Ashton had the majority of the possession.
Against any team with a level of skill the result would be very different.
I think it is centre of midfield where PP will be concerned, we missed Williams for all his hard work, endeavour and possession, the comments about Richman are a little harsh, he hasn’t played for a while, but the next few weeks will be tough if we can’t sort out the most important area of the team.
I hope the performances improve, I can’t watch much more of that.

Won ugly today as they say

Simon very rusty when he came on, but I am a fan of him and he gave the usual 100%

White my MoM just ahead of Max Harrop

Ref inconsistent in first half but fine in second

Ashton looked half decent and 3 nowt did not reflect the game but will take it every week

Good save from TT for the 1 on 1 - but would still like to see Elliot Wynne get a run

Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

jhcorbett

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2018, 09:37:23 PM »

Decent result, well done lads.
Defence looked solid, both full-backs in particular did well, JJ had a livelier game and confidence boosted by his early goal. Jordan's effort was superb.

Not sure how often the reserves get a game, but if subs like Ringo are coming on and seem rusty (like James Poole did vs Stockport), stating the obvious but aren't the reserves there to get subs match fit, when needed?
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Ashton United Match Thread