PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Hereford
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Hereford  (Read 11450 times)

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Hereford
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2018, 06:24:17 PM »

Truth be told it was a very average game and few chances at either end.

Hereford had very little about them and if the first goal had gone our way I’ve no doubt we’d have seen them off.

As it was with the swirling wind and rain in our face in the second half then you’d take the point all day,

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2018, 07:10:48 PM »

First visit to Edgar street for me having driven past it for years on my travels.
The stand we stood under had more concrete supports than the bloody channel tunnel, the full might of the Luftwaffe would have been pushed to flatten it. Views would be nigh on impossible if a lot of fans were in there.
Toilets left a lot to be desired. Seen bigger coal bunkers...
The game... Alty huffed and puffed today and got a deserved point . There was a time when we would have lost a game like that.. Thought JJ played well today and covered a lot of ground.
The Hereford fans were pretty quiet apart from the T**t  with a drum.
A good point earned.

Bath Alty

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2018, 08:11:11 PM »

First live game of the season for me.  First up, a much better experience sitting upstairs than standing downstairs last time I was there.

We did OK and maintaining possession was good but we didn't do enough with it.  We weren't fast enough in getting the ball out from the middle of their half, especially second half JJ was screaming for it and Moult just held on to it and pratted about in the middle.  They pushed up on us and condensed the space so we had no way of passing it through them and we refused to try a little ball over the top, we had enough pace to have a decent shout at getting there first even if the ball was only average, especially once Gabbidon came on.  Hulme had so few touches but held it up really well when given the chance.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2018, 08:28:44 PM »

Good point.

Sounded like Hancock wasn't great but that's 2 goals in 2 games as No.10😉. I love mentioning him as number 10.

Radio Robins mentioned Harrop very deep,he was like that on Tuesday night and he doesn't look great there. We don't need two defensive mids. Williams pushes on,Harrop should play in a similar way but I feel he has been told to sit deep.

Maybe give Scott a go in midfield if he has a good engine. I am excited to see Gabidon given more minutes. Maybe should have been a much earlier sub for Dale.

Peers scored for FC United. I would have kept hold of him until we had a replacement signed.

Keep it going lads.

We didn't want Tom to go, it was his decision to join FC United.

I hope he does well there.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2018, 09:40:30 PM »

Good point.

Sounded like Hancock wasn't great but that's 2 goals in 2 games as No.10😉. I love mentioning him as number 10.

Radio Robins mentioned Harrop very deep,he was like that on Tuesday night and he doesn't look great there. We don't need two defensive mids. Williams pushes on,Harrop should play in a similar way but I feel he has been told to sit deep.

Maybe give Scott a go in midfield if he has a good engine. I am excited to see Gabidon given more minutes. Maybe should have been a much earlier sub for Dale.

Peers scored for FC United. I would have kept hold of him until we had a replacement signed.

Keep it going lads.

We didn't want Tom to go, it was his decision to join FC United.

I hope he does well there.

Fair enough.

I actually said that he should move on after Tuesday's game, because he wasn't being given enough playing time.

At 22 Tom needs to be playing each week.

anglo alty

« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2018, 10:15:36 PM »

Thought we were good in patches and responded well to going behind always a sign of a good side, Thompson had to make a few saves but neither side did enough to win so a draw about right. Terrible view from the away terrace, nice to see they did Bovril though

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2018, 10:55:17 PM »

It was quite a poor match and Hereford weren't great (my Hereford supporting boss was back in his home city this weekend, but decided not to attend the game, which may tell its own story) but the positives were that we kept battling away to get a deserved point and that Dontai Gabbidon got his equally deserved chance to make his League debut.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2018, 09:48:39 AM »

Interesting to see on their forum we are described as ‘far and away the best visiting side at Edgar Street this season’. It was the same at Kiddy too. Parky is clearly building something.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2018, 09:53:04 AM »

I wonder if Dontai Gabbidon may be a replacement when Owen Dale finishes his loan spell? He has a chance to prove himself now, hope he takes it and shows the quality he has; and it transfers to the 1st team level.

At least hope for now he keeps his subs bench place, worth a punt and I love seeing youth players come through the ranks.

andrewflynn

« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2018, 10:34:00 AM »

Hannigan and Moult the standouts for me, especially Tom who was immense and dealt with everything they threw forward. I thought overall we were solid for 89 minutes and 50 seconds, undone by a cracking ball to the back post that they put away. We’re going to need to put in a similar performance next Saturday at Chester, they are looking good.

Strange to read they’ve described us as the best they’ve seen as Edgar Street, I thought we were a 6/10 at best going forward; once again we seemed to struggle up against a side that sits in with two banks of four a la Stockport, Boston, Curzon. Hereford were happy to let us have the ball and at that can sometimes make us look like we’re dominating things without really creating.

Stonewall penalty in the first half. If that gets awarded and we score first, we go on and win 3/4-0 I think. Great to get a last minute goal and it’s a top away point.

ianpickles

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2018, 11:48:10 AM »

I was there yesterday but can't answer my own question. How would Sean Williams on at the start have made a difference?

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2018, 12:38:27 PM »

I was there yesterday but can't answer my own question. How would Sean Williams on at the start have made a difference?

Sean Williams began to hit his standard of last year at Warrington, where he was the best player on the pitch against us for 3 out of the 4 games we played against them.

He links the play between defence/Moult to Hulme or our no.10 better than any other midfield we have. Moult pings it and Richman wins it which is fine but Williams has that extra quality and just general calmness on the ball.

Maybe Scott has that ability?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 12:40:58 PM by oneedham »

Matt Taylor

« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2018, 06:37:15 PM »

Surely that Hereford fan is just one forum lunatic, rather than a consensus among all 2000 of them? Below-par performance overall yesterday, and a poor result on paper, against a side that hasn’t won since mid August.
I thought Moult, and everyone behind him, was excellent. Everything in front of him didn’t seem to be firing, but a bit of credit to Hereford’s 3 CBs also who managed our front line comfortably for the first 89 mins. Hereford would have been disappointed not to win (Thompson, who played well, the most eye-catching of the 2 keepers), but probably a fair result on the balance of play.

However, can’t be too disheartened after picking up 7 points in a week, regardless of how favourable the fixtures have been. Picking up 9 points in a week is quite a rare feat in any league, outside the top sides. And it was good to see us show a bit of urgency when we went behind yesterday, which was justifiably rewarded in the end.

Hemel Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

andrewflynn

« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2018, 02:30:26 PM »

Tony Thompson is the starting keeper in this week's NLN Team of the Weekend. One save in particular was superb, although I believe they went and scored from the corner! Not watched the highlights yet.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Hereford