PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Congleton Match Thread
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Congleton Match Thread  (Read 7451 times)

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Congleton Match Thread
« on: November 06, 2018, 10:53:15 AM »

Its tonight, anyone going?

I guess a good match to give players game time and also some of the reserve/youth players like Gabidon perhaps?

andrewflynn

Re: Congleton Match Thread
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2018, 11:03:36 AM »

I'd expect all of the players named on Saturday's bench to start tonight (Wynne, Densmore, Scott, Richman, Gabidon) with Reserve and Youth Team players filling in around them.

Anyone's guess. Are Harrison and Goulding's loans actual loans, or just dual-reg? We could maybe see them get game time with us if it's the latter although that is speculation.

Names like Tom Westall, Harry Sheridan, Rhain Davis, Callum Harris, Joe Thompson, Ross Woodcock spring to mind this evening.

Altrincham 2-3 Congleton

andrewflynn

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2018, 11:05:34 AM »

It's the long awaited return of Altrincham legends Anthony Griffith and Billy Hasler-Cregg, too.

beaker141

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2018, 11:53:13 AM »

It's the long awaited return of Altrincham legends Anthony Griffith and Billy Hasler-Cregg, too.

Is that the guy who ripped us off and could never play football again !

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2018, 12:44:57 PM »

I'll be in attendance. Certainly expect the 4 signed youth players to feature.

Antony Griffith! Someone to vent my spleen at
Full time and proud of it

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2018, 01:50:02 PM »

I'm going too, hoping to see Charlie Scott play and Dontai Gabbidon.

roytonmike

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2018, 02:12:13 PM »

I'd expect all of the players named on Saturday's bench to start tonight (Wynne, Densmore, Scott, Richman, Gabidon) with Reserve and Youth Team players filling in around them.
Anyone's guess. Are Harrison and Goulding's loans actual loans, or just dual-reg? We could maybe see them get game time with us if it's the latter although that is speculation.
Names like Tom Westall, Harry Sheridan, Rhain Davis, Callum Harris, Joe Thompson, Ross Woodcock spring to mind this evening.
Altrincham 2-3 Congleton
I think Witton are playing Stalybridge tonight & I suspect Goulding would be better served playing in that game - a truer test. I don't think Trafford have a game, so Harrison might possibly be a candidate to play - but as you say it's all speculation.
I imagine the bulk of the side will be reserves/promising youths - the problem is that if you don't win these matches (& my suspicion is that we won't win tonight) you don't get opportunities to test out younger players against more robust opposition than they would normally face. By the by - I don't think Harry Sheridan is on the books now, but I could be wrong. Who is Ross Woodcock, please?

Jezza

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2018, 02:17:22 PM »

I believe it is the Anthony Griffith who's career was sadly ended by a career ending hip injury several years and clubs ago.

I've already tweeted @AGfitness my admiration for the way the lad keeps coming back despite never ever being able to kick a ball again due to his career ending injury that ended his career several clubs and years ago.

Fair play to the lad....to come back from a career ending injury that ended your career shows real determination...

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2018, 02:44:44 PM »

Altrincham 2-3 Congleton
I think Witton are playing Stalybridge tonight & I suspect Goulding would be better served playing in that game - a truer test. I don't think Trafford have a game, so Harrison might possibly be a candidate to play - but as you say it's all speculation.
I imagine the bulk of the side will be reserves/promising youths - the problem is that if you don't win these matches (& my suspicion is that we won't win tonight) you don't get opportunities to test out younger players against more robust opposition than they would normally face. By the by - I don't think Harry Sheridan is on the books now, but I could be wrong. Who is Ross Woodcock, please?

Harry Sheridan was last seen being released by Trafford about a month ago although I'm not sure if he returned to us. Woodcock is a fullback we signed off Crewe who played for the reserves and was dual registered with Trafford at one point but has been injured and not seen in a while.

I'll be there tonight hoping to see a mix of squad players and promising youngsters.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

andrewflynn

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2018, 03:03:36 PM »

Altrincham 2-3 Congleton

Harry Sheridan was last seen being released by Trafford about a month ago although I'm not sure if he returned to us. Woodcock is a fullback we signed off Crewe who played for the reserves and was dual registered with Trafford at one point but has been injured and not seen in a while.

I'll be there tonight hoping to see a mix of squad players and promising youngsters.

What Rage said.

This is the most recently named (Oct 15th) Reserves squad on the Alty Files site: Andrew Jones, Ryan Barry, Reece Coley, Matthew Cook, Rhain Davis, Callum Jones, Shaun Muscroft, Harry Sheridan, Joel Swift, Tom Westall, Stavros Tserpes. Subs: Harry Swift and Joseph Wyers-Roebuck

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2018, 05:04:58 PM »

Give the turd some grief pal.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2018, 05:53:10 PM »

Absolute sh*thouse that guy.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2018, 07:27:34 PM »

Absolute sh*thouse that guy.

Just call him Lazarus!

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2018, 09:58:06 PM »

Clearly his injury hasn't prevented him limping to his local pie shop.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2018, 10:06:56 PM »

Well that was 2 hours out my life I won't get back
Full time and proud of it
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Congleton Match Thread