PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 BPA at home again
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: BPA at home again  (Read 14343 times)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: BPA at home again
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2018, 07:22:25 PM »

Glad it's segregated.

Only 2 decisions are Thompson/Wynne añd Richman/Harrop.

Be great to carry on the run we're on but if  we do go out I won't be too bothered.

Alty 2-1 BPA. Hulme Dale
To be fair TT has done well in the last few games.
Would always have Max when available. Ringo is a competent replacement though.

Carry on the good work
Alty 2-1 BPA
Att 1189

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2018, 11:42:56 AM »

On paper this sounds like it is going to be an action packed game. Go with the same team as previous barring any injuries. Noticed last week that Phil/Neil did not make any substitutions as they did not need to. This will be a harder game than last week but I still think we can beat them. Lets see how far we can go as though not as lucrative as the FA cup it is still a money spinner. Plus I would take any opportunity to pitch ourselves against clubs from the National League and see how far we have come. Could we sustain ourselves in the league above? While not getting ahead of ourselves we would get a better idea.

Agree with 2-1 Alty but attendance of 1321 as I think Bradford PA may bring more down.

Matt Taylor

« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2018, 12:45:38 PM »

On paper this sounds like it is going to be an action packed game. Go with the same team as previous barring any injuries. Noticed last week that Phil/Neil did not make any substitutions as they did not need to. This will be a harder game than last week but I still think we can beat them. Lets see how far we can go as though not as lucrative as the FA cup it is still a money spinner. Plus I would take any opportunity to pitch ourselves against clubs from the National League and see how far we have come. Could we sustain ourselves in the league above? While not getting ahead of ourselves we would get a better idea.

Agree with 2-1 Alty but attendance of 1321 as I think Bradford PA may bring more down.

Not too sure about that crowd prediction Steve lad. Its the qualifying round of the Trophy. I'd consider it a decent enough achievement if we manage to exceed the 780 who turned out for what was arguably a bigger cup game against them last month.

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2018, 01:11:48 PM »

Matt's right. Although BPA have one of the best teams, they are one of the most poorly supported clubs in National League North (average gate 533 the last I saw). The Trophy gets poorer gates than the equivalent rounds in the Cup - equivalent as it's the round before National League Premier clubs come in - so I predict the segregation will be relaxed when we see only 650 or so have turned up.

andrewflynn

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2018, 01:16:30 PM »

Altrincham 1-1 BPA - 591 ATT.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2018, 05:05:25 PM »

2-2 (both JJ's score). Attendance 648 (absentee season ticket holders not counted).

We win the replay on pens.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2018, 10:02:15 PM »

Ah well you can hope!!

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2018, 04:21:05 PM »

Same XI unsurprisingly, give Harrop a bit more rest. If the game is safe it'll be good to withdraw Ringo, he's not had tonnes of game time.

What's happened to Kidderminster? Shipped 4 at home to Southport, were held by Nuneaton, shipped 4 against Chorley and now 3-0 down at home to York at HT  :o

old alty fan

« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2018, 05:06:16 PM »

Shame more Supporters did not turn up today the football been played is just out standing at the moment struggle to see how BPA are top of the league

Back to the league next Saturday and we go to Brackley full of confidence no reason why we cannot return with 3 points I don't think any team in this league fancies playing

Us at the moment.

Old Alt

« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2018, 05:34:45 PM »

Another great performance, sat back a bit in the second half, but BPA only had a few chances and never really threatened, they certinly didn't look like a side who are top of the league.
Some of the football is great at the moment, JJ rightly given man of the match, both he and Owen Dale are stretching games on the wing and these teams can't cope, when they are running at them.
The penalty for the first goal looked very generous, it will be interesting to see it back but it obviously unsettled BPA.
I think that is 6 out of the last 7 we have won, and playing great football.
Testing ourselves against a conference team would be interesting in the next round, just to show how far we have come.
The crowd was a disappointment, given the attendance and manner of the performance against York.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2018, 06:08:04 PM »

Wow, just wow  ;D 8)

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2018, 06:10:50 PM »

A bit of a stroll if we're honest. Bradford can play better than that, and we won it comfortably without hitting the heights of our performances against Chester and York. My MOM was Andy White, but it was great to see Ringo back to something like his old self, and to see Dens back in first team action late on. Harrop looked really lively in his late cameo too.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2018, 06:31:51 PM »

They were dreadful. No idea how they're top of the league. Having said that we are very good , defensively well solid and pace and class up front.

As for mom no idea.

Looking forward to drawing Salford at home.

Desperately need dale to stay for the season
Full time and proud of it

Silent but Ledley

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2018, 06:33:08 PM »

Put my foot in it today. I said to J Jones that he was that good today he should be wearing an England shirt, however, I was informed that he's Welsh! Hey ho .SBL

TheGolfRoadView

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2018, 07:00:25 PM »

For me the best performance at home this season, controlled virtually the whole game, just giving them a couple of decent chances in the last 15 mins when the game was done. Hard to pick a MOM when there was no player off their game but good to see Ringo getting to back to showing what he can do and Jones and Hannigan looking solid yet again. Can't blame BPA for complaining about the pen , looked like a blatent dive from Jordan, so interesting to see what the highlights show.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 07:04:28 PM by TheGolfRoadView »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 BPA at home again