PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 PP and Neil
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: PP and Neil  (Read 11393 times)

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: PP and Neil
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2018, 10:55:20 PM »

Oliie out ! Great post

He is a great appointment as is Neil

Well done all

Surprised you still remember my name it has been that long since you stood on the terraces. I hope to see you there on Saturday.
ouch harsh but fair been crazy busy at home and work . Ill give you a big hug on saturday
ParkINson's red and white army

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2018, 11:11:26 AM »

On a serious note, when do we have to start worrying about bigger clubs coming in for Phil and Neil?

Macc still haven't appointed a manager, for example - but that might just be a leap too far at the moment and they might go with the caretakers for the remainder of the season and then rebuild in the summer.

Wrexham's manager is being touted by Shrewsbury - again, another club on Phil's likely geographical patch.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2018, 12:48:58 PM »

Marple Alty, if I am honest this has been niggling at me a little too.

However, I do think Phil and Neil are happy here, and are enjoying their roles. I know they are contracted until the end of this season, but I would be happier if the club could renew their contract by two or even three years. This would give them a chance to see where they can take us, after all the club are supposed to have a 5 year plan. Phil, Neil and the players are an important part of this, but I think Phil would be wrong to leave now when the club is on the up, to take over a club where has got to start all over again. Already the club has grown immensely since their arrival and can go so much further. I feel Phil and Neil would be wrong to leave after what they have achieved so far.

Likewise it is also wise for the club maybe to extend their contract and I would like to know where we stand with this.

I honestly think we should capitalize on now and have another fan/board/management meeting. At least it would also enable to give praise where it is due to the players maybe also, because believe me they darn well deserve it. I think this team has the potential to take us forward eventually back to the National League and maybe beyond, but that is in the future. The club should try and build on this, but I am sure plans are probrably already in place.

Board/management, can we have another meeting, we need to build on what is happening!!

Hemel Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2018, 02:46:35 PM »

Good, upcoming managers seem to have the knack of moving on at exactly the right time for them, usually when they deem that they have taken the club as far as they can.  That way their CV is always healthy. Danny Cowley was obviously not going to go any further with a club like Braintree (and so it has proved) and is now doing the same at Lincoln. Watch him get them promoted this year and then move up to a Championship club.  Yes PP and Neil will move on, but when it is right for them and nothing we can do  in terms of contract extensions will affect that, I suspect.

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2018, 02:56:56 PM »

Good, upcoming managers seem to have the knack of moving on at exactly the right time for them, usually when they deem that they have taken the club as far as they can.  That way their CV is always healthy. Danny Cowley was obviously not going to go any further with a club like Braintree (and so it has proved) and is now doing the same at Lincoln. Watch him get them promoted this year and then move up to a Championship club.  Yes PP and Neil will move on, but when it is right for them and nothing we can do  in terms of contract extensions will affect that, I suspect.
Interesting that we're discussing the prospect of our management team moving on to better things. When did that last happen (not counting the views of Matt Doughty's wife) ?
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2018, 05:02:02 PM »

IF the day comes, I think the club will have learned their lesson and will look another manager on an upward trajectory.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2018, 08:14:38 PM »

Good, upcoming managers seem to have the knack of moving on at exactly the right time for them, usually when they deem that they have taken the club as far as they can.  That way their CV is always healthy. Danny Cowley was obviously not going to go any further with a club like Braintree (and so it has proved) and is now doing the same at Lincoln. Watch him get them promoted this year and then move up to a Championship club.  Yes PP and Neil will move on, but when it is right for them and nothing we can do  in terms of contract extensions will affect that, I suspect.

Interesting that we're discussing the prospect of our management team moving on to better things. When did that last happen (not counting the views of Matt Doughty's wife) ?

Ken McKenna to Morecambe.

Or perhaps Neil Tolson to FC Wisconsin...?

http://fcwisconsin.com/former-english-premier-league-footballer-neil-tolson-joins-fc-wisconsin-coaching-staff

http://fcwisconsin.com/getting-to-know-new-fc-wisconsin-coach-and-former-premier-league-player-neil-tolson

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2018, 11:44:49 PM »

The same Neil Tolson that will be regarded as one of our worst managers?

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2018, 12:01:26 AM »

Possibly..........but I think it was more of a bad appointment really

He took over a team 'on the way down' after Lee bailed and could not turn it around. He was the assistant manager when we won promotion a few years ago and I bet now that he wishes he had left when LS did..............just a thought

I thought Jim Harvey was 'the man' when he was appointed, but he was worse than ever
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2018, 12:07:17 AM »

[/quote
Wisconsin ? Milwaukee is in Wisconsin, and is to the USA what Burton on Trent is to the UK. Jerry Lee Lewis sang "What made Milwaukee famous has made a loser out of me".  No beer necessary in this case I suspect.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2018, 12:15:05 AM »

I believe the Fonz was also from Milwaukee
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2018, 12:46:18 PM »

Wisconsin is also famous for cheese.

To get an idea of how high profile this appointment is, I asked an internet friend who lives in the state what he knew. He likes football, but only the daft American kind, and although he knows Germantown, where the club play, well, as they were in his high school sporting conference, he had never heard of FC Wisconsin, let alone Neil Tolson. Oh, well. He did wish him good luck, though.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 12:48:32 PM by Sale Holmfield »

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2018, 01:02:21 PM »

PP has spoken a lot of his desire for full time football, so I think a lot could depend on how well the club are able to match his own ambitions in this regard. That aside, however, I think it's an inevitable (if unfortunate) bi-product of success when people start to take an interest in your prize assets, so it shows we are heading in the right direction if people are starting to worry about this kind of thing.

Come on Alty!

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2018, 01:46:47 PM »

PP has spoken a lot of his desire for full time football, so I think a lot could depend on how well the club are able to match his own ambitions in this regard. That aside, however, I think it's an inevitable (if unfortunate) bi-product of success when people start to take an interest in your prize assets, so it shows we are heading in the right direction if people are starting to worry about this kind of thing.

Worry about it if we go up or finsh in a play off position ,even then I cant see a football leagure club going for them , conference national yes

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2018, 02:32:28 PM »

Yes, most likely.
Come on Alty!
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 PP and Neil