PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 PP and Neil
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: PP and Neil  (Read 11398 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
PP and Neil
« on: November 14, 2018, 07:15:30 PM »

I know it has been said a few times on here but Phil Parkinson and Neil Sorvel deserve so much credit.
I just love how we play football. A friend who supports Blackburn came against Chester and hadn't seen Alty for a few years and he was genuinely impressed and is now coming against York.
I do tend to be harsh and pick the negatives but for the first time in years and years I have faith in the management team to pick the right team and they appear to know a decent player.
I do respect people's decision not to come down anymore but you really are punishing yourselves.
I would love to see some old faces get behind this manager and team.

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: PP and Neil
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2018, 07:17:57 PM »

Spot on

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2018, 07:58:57 PM »

I concur
Full time and proud of it

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2018, 08:24:59 PM »

They were excellent on Saturday at Chester FC..
They are very pleasing on the eye when they click. PP and NS can be proud of there charges.

PaulClementsLaments

• Regular First Team
  • I wish I was a spaceman...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2018, 08:34:34 PM »

Top post. Loving watching Alty at the moment

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2018, 08:55:27 PM »

Agreed-they’ve gone about restoring pride last season and now beginning to approach our proper level in the Pyramid again. The football the best seen for me since the Conference North play off final win season under Sinnott 5 years ago too. It’s pleasing on the eye with a modern progressive style but balanced with a defence that has got better as the season has gone on.

The only thing I would say (as I’ve no doubt PP reads the forum regularly) is I hope PP dials his post match comments down too, appears to see enemies and criticism at every corner. If he wants to manage bigger clubs than us (and again I’ve got no doubt he does in good time) then he needs to develop a thicker skin. The odd comment here or there from a fan base of 1000 odd shouldn’t be taken to heart so much.

Jezza

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2018, 10:01:15 PM »

The connection between the fans and the team and management is better than I can remember in a long time...

PP has done a great job and is beginning to get to grips with this league and we are getting better...chester was a joy.

I think the board has improved but a certain person needs to do the decent thing instead of patting himself on the back.

I'm still coming to the matches because I want to support PP and the team....it's not the same though without familiar faces and there is a very sad undercurrent.

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2018, 12:57:02 AM »

Agreed.

I actually look forward to the game on an away day now. In the past it was just something to do (and get annoyed at) between pubs.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2018, 09:29:09 AM »

The initial post was great; and I also have no problems with any of the board either. Lessons have been learnt all round and everybody at the club deserves credit including the chairman and the management team and through to the players.

It is great to see the club on the up, but I would plead with PP and Neil to stick with us and see how far they can take us. I am not discounting us as a league team in the next 5 years or so. Everybody see, including the fans who have elected to stay away, how strong we now are all the way through from board to team and all the fans. Come back lads, and lets all boost the club even further.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2018, 03:53:22 PM »

Oliie out ! Great post

He is a great appointment as is Neil

Well done all
ParkINson's red and white army

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2018, 04:25:24 PM »

Oliie out ! Great post

He is a great appointment as is Neil

Well done all

Surprised you still remember my name it has been that long since you stood on the terraces. I hope to see you there on Saturday.

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2018, 10:22:19 PM »

The initial post was great; and I also have no problems with any of the board either. Lessons have been learnt all round and everybody at the club deserves credit including the chairman and the management team and through to the players.

It is great to see the club on the up, but I would plead with PP and Neil to stick with us and see how far they can take us. I am not discounting us as a league team in the next 5 years or so. Everybody see, including the fans who have elected to stay away, how strong we now are all the way through from board to team and all the fans. Come back lads, and lets all boost the club even further.

To be fair Steve you'd probably back the board if they sold your house from under you and dissolved your pension.
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2018, 05:04:44 AM »

My opinion which I am entitled to Rocky, your replacement of the positive with the negative - aside from very mild abuse - flies in the face of what is happening at the club at present. Credit where credit is due.

No need for your response.

Matt Taylor

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2018, 09:38:17 AM »

The only thing I would say (as I’ve no doubt PP reads the forum regularly) is I hope PP dials his post match comments down too, appears to see enemies and criticism at every corner. If he wants to manage bigger clubs than us (and again I’ve got no doubt he does in good time) then he needs to develop a thicker skin. The odd comment here or there from a fan base of 1000 odd shouldn’t be taken to heart so much.

Yes, I’d agree with that. Clearly got a lot going for him as a manager, but hasn’t yet developed the thick skin and mental strength required to manage at a higher level, or at a bigger more demanding football club. The focus of his comments last couple of weeks in the SAM have been particularly strange. But he is only young and still learning. And that might be good news for us. The longer he stays around the better the way it’s going.

I do respect people's decision not to come down anymore but you really are punishing yourselves.

Appreciate the point you're making, and I’m sure it’s an enjoyable time (on the pitch) to be watching, but I don’t think the missing fans (or any Alty fans for that matter) signed up to be Altrincham supporters based on the quality of football. And I’d be surprised if it is the quality of the football being played at the time the current chairman finally leaves that influences any of those Alty fans decision to start paying their gate money again for home games.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2018, 10:20:43 AM »

Yes, I’d agree with that. Clearly got a lot going for him as a manager, but hasn’t yet developed the thick skin and mental strength required to manage at a higher level, or at a bigger more demanding football club. The focus of his comments last couple of weeks in the SAM have been particularly strange. But he is only young and still learning. And that might be good news for us. The longer he stays around the better the way it’s going.

Appreciate the point you're making, and I’m sure it’s an enjoyable time (on the pitch) to be watching, but I don’t think the missing fans (or any Alty fans for that matter) signed up to be Altrincham supporters based on the quality of football. And I’d be surprised if it is the quality of the football being played at the time the current chairman finally leaves that influences any of those Alty fans decision to start paying their gate money again for home games.

Will always respect people's own decisions mate. Just a shame,  as I would like to see yourself and some of the other faces I have stood alongside for years enjoy this team and manager. Not trying persuade people to come back just being purely selfish in my opinion.
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 PP and Neil