PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Without getting carried away
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Without getting carried away  (Read 7854 times)

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Without getting carried away
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2018, 09:45:54 AM »

Now that would be a good double!!

Jezza

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2018, 10:08:49 AM »

These are worrying times.

I'm really starting to believe in this team.

Lets just enjoy the ride...we are definite play off candidates...nut we do seem to be on a pre xmas run like last year

jiminlondon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2018, 11:58:30 AM »

I thought we were excellent yesterday and better than them all over the pitch, our control and calmness was quite exceptional and you could see the Brackley players getting more and more exasperated. The support was brilliant too, I would hope we could be heard on RR, and that was as much fun as I’ve had supporting Alty for years.
You can really see something coming together and the players completely buying into it
A couple of big mentions though to Jake and Simon who were both brilliant yesterday, they are the ‘Alty boys’ and lead the team.

nimeta

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2018, 12:47:03 PM »

On current form I would have thought that we would be favourites, but the bookies have us 6th favourites, according to this link...

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/non-league/national-league-north/winner

Anyway, winter is coming. If the pitch holds up and we don't have too bad a time with injuries, I would be pretty confident

TheGolfRoadView

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2018, 01:04:44 PM »

It's not showing on the Oddschecker but Skybet still have Alty at 14/1 though E/W is only paid out on finishing 2nd.

Hemel Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2018, 02:12:03 PM »

Chester are best price 13/2 despite being only two points ahead of us, having played a game more and having been just beaten by us.  12/1 seems exceptional value for Alty in comparison.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2018, 02:58:32 PM »

Most people expect BPA to fall away, maybe they wont but my biggest fear is Hulme getting suspended or injured, the role he plays is very important and if it was  for more than one game someone would have to come in on loan .

roytonmike

« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2018, 03:18:04 PM »

As has been said earlier, let's just enjoy the ride for now. The potential problems with squad depth if & when injuries & suspensions come along and game time for people on the fringes in the meantime have been pointed out elsewhere, but one looks forward to Saturdays now and that's the most pleasant change from a couple of years ago. It's certainly fair to say that I haven't yet seen a side that stands out as far & away better than the rest and that if we play as we can we can compete with anyone else in the division. If we're in the top four or five with ten games to go we can start dreaming ...

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2018, 02:19:55 PM »

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/altrincham/form-guide/ten

The above shows us as the top side from the last 10 games played. I actually don't think we're playing that much better 'box to box' than we were earlier in the season. The improvement is clearly a defensively solidity coupled with a knack of taking a higher percentage of our chances. Of course, the confidence winning gives a side was there for all to see on Saturday. A mature team performance where the two goalscorers from our play-off defeat vs Brackley were excellent.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 02:12:05 PM by JTH »

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2018, 02:41:34 PM »

I think Simon Richman being fit and starting regularly has made a big difference. We are defending better in midfield which is keeping the ball higher up the field for longer.

Silent but Ledley

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2018, 07:45:03 PM »

I did say against BPA that he performed really well. At times I thought that there was two of them playing considering the ground that he covered! He's our Eric Dier!     SBL

PaulClementsLaments

• Regular First Team
  • I wish I was a spaceman...
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2018, 09:17:32 PM »

It will be interesting to see what the management team do when Williams and Poole return to fitness. Williams is a solid player and I know a lot of supporters like him, me included, but the side's play has been more expansive and quicker through midfield while he has been out of the side and results have clearly taken an upturn. A fully fit Poole will always give us another dimension but at the moment the team is picking itself, save perhaps filling the role Owen Dale played so well.

Paul
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Without getting carried away