PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Telford Match Thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Telford Match Thread  (Read 11410 times)

Mausoleum Alty

Re: Telford Match Thread
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2018, 07:30:36 PM »

I'm not having a dig at the ground staff but, this arrangement with MUFC seems to only benefit them.
Due to them playing on it midweek scuppered the opportunity for us to cover the surface.

I have nothing but admiration for the generous folk who donated to purchase the said covers, I'm just a bit surprised that a club of the size of MUFC didn't give us them at a vastly reduced rate (perhaps they did).

My son represented Man Utd at Anfield in a junior Premier League tournament a few years ago. All the other clubs gave their junior teams full kits and kit bags etc. Man Utd gave them a three year old away top(no shorts and socks) and made them return it after the tournament so it doesn't surprise me that they do us no favours!

andrewflynn

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2018, 07:32:41 PM »

I'm not having a dig at the ground staff but, this arrangement with MUFC seems to only benefit them.
Due to them playing on it midweek scuppered the opportunity for us to cover the surface.

I have nothing but admiration for the generous folk who donated to purchase the said covers, I'm just a bit surprised that a club of the size of MUFC didn't give us them at a vastly reduced rate (perhaps they did).

It is my understanding that we did get the covers at a heavily discounted price, albeit MUFC had no involvement. All donations.

old alty fan

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2018, 07:32:48 PM »

Without sounding to hard are we not at the time of year were the pitch should be covered
 Pretty much through the winter don't get me wrong everyone does a great job at the club
 But after all the fund raising done last season it seems farcical that yet again we are in the same
 Position as last season with possible games been postponed.
The updated article on the club website explains why the covers could not be used yesterday or today.

Hi Mike yes I read the updated Article
 My point was last season the fans and the club invested 10.000 thousand pounds to stop this
 Happening we now have the technology but did not use it,the heavy rain during the week was
 Well forecast so why were the covers not put on before hand.i am sure the last thing anyone wants
 Is a fixture pile up like the end of last season having to play three times in some weeks.
 Anyway I am sure the Groundsman has done all possible to get the game on tomorrow.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2018, 07:32:57 PM »

My son represented Man Utd at Anfield in a junior Premier League tournament a few years ago. All the other clubs gave their junior teams full kits and kit bags etc. Man Utd gave them a three year old away top(no shorts and socks) and made them return it after the tournament so it doesn't surprise me that they do us no favours!

Cheers . Nuff said.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2018, 08:17:58 PM »

The thing is with ground sharing is you can't have it both ways. So if we take the £ we can't moan about the fact we didn't get the covers on early enough or pitch isn't A1.

Full time and proud of it

Old Alt

« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2018, 05:15:55 PM »

Another great result, and especially under the conditions. Well done to the ground staff and all the people sweeping the rain off the covers before the match.
A very hard fought contest, Telford looked a decent team, but they didn't really create many chances, I thought our defence today were immense.
Up front we took our chances brillliantly, whilst our defence was fairly water tight, I though the back four for Telford looked slow, in particular the two centre backs, it was just a pity that JJ was running down a rain soaked right wing, in the second half, in the first half he was causing all sorts of problems.
The real talking will be the last 10 minutes, when we were a different team with Hemmings on the pitch, Max also came on and looked lively. I am sure there will be some debate on the board about this.....

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2018, 05:31:31 PM »

Just brilliant again lads.

Hemmings without doubt should start left wing. I saw class in only 10 mins.

Credit to Dens aswell. He played really well,considering he's been out so long.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 05:36:44 PM by oneedham »

anglo alty

« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2018, 06:05:28 PM »

Continue to impress Telford are a decent team I saw them at Kiddy early season and although they didn't create much they were well organized and difficult to break down so to get 3 against them is a stellar effort. Momentum and confidence continues to build

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2018, 06:18:20 PM »

Wow. Did Thompson make a save 2nd half? Hard to pick a mom but I'd have also given it Hampson.

My only gripe is in the 2nd half, why keep feeding Johnson when he's on right. Either swap him to the left or give it the left winger. Don't see why we want play through the Amazon.

I know Hemmings only came on for 10 but he looked different class.

As BPA are top and Telford were 5th there's no reason why we win this league.
Full time and proud of it

Randy Konk

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2018, 06:37:40 PM »

Very professional today. I thought we looked poor for first 20 mins of 2nd half but result says it all.

Thought James Jones was immense. Only negative was my eggy smelling pint of Wainrights . Rowley Out.

Jezza

« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2018, 06:47:33 PM »

made a comment about the beer a few weeks ago.....they need to sort it out....

superb performance again by the lads and excellent subs by PP

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2018, 06:50:27 PM »

Thought James Jones was immense.
Yes, MOM by a country mile

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2018, 07:12:36 PM »

I stayed at the golf road end in the first half due to the heavy rain. I have to say I enjoyed watching the defence. James Jones was superb, but I also thought Hannigan was brilliant. For their goal the weather conditions played havoc with our attempted clearances. I even got hit on the forehead by a chunk of mud from Udoh's foot when he reacted to score. So did John stood next to me and we were behind the first barriers!

The defence are as good to watch as midfield/forwards. I agree to start with Hemmings, but saying that Mantack did ok too.

Is Hemmings cup-tied for Stockport?

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2018, 07:28:05 PM »

I stayed at the golf road end in the first half due to the heavy rain. I have to say I enjoyed watching the defence. James Jones was superb, but I also thought Hannigan was brilliant. For their goal the weather conditions played havoc with our attempted clearances. I even got hit on the forehead by a chunk of mud from Udoh's foot when he reacted to score. So did John stood next to me and we were behind the first barriers!

The defence are as good to watch as midfield/forwards. I agree to start with Hemmings, but saying that Mantack did ok too.

Is Hemmings cup-tied for Stockport?

AFC Fylde haven't played an FA Trophy game as yet this season, so he should be available for selection (unless they have issued a specific request that he should not become cup-tied).
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

jhcorbett

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2018, 07:32:24 PM »

Another excellent result under difficult playing conditions for both sides. Thought we got better as the game went on, but overall our defence looked very solid again.

Hard to pick individuals out as they all did v well. Loannee Hemmings looked very capable and lively when he came on for last 10 mins, plus Mantack also had a decent game and looks to be settling into the side too, showing good promise down the wings and good options for PP & NS. Ringo also had a v good game. Hope Andy White is OK but good to see Dens back too, plenty of competition for places, especially when Williams & Poole are available again, but not much need to change a winning team at the mo.

Top stuff, keep it going lads!

Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Telford Match Thread