News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 fixtures

Author Topic: fixtures  (Read 3944 times)

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
fixtures
« on: December 09, 2018, 10:05:55 AM »

Interesting that we still have to play the top 5 (excluding us) at home yet we have already played most of them away, its going to be this home form that could make the difference
Bernard Taylors barmy army

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: fixtures
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2018, 11:13:21 AM »

The pitch is going to play a massive part in our home form. In an ideal world only the the first team would be using it
Full time and proud of it

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2018, 01:12:56 PM »

the pitch was up to its old tricks yesterday. no matter how often the drainage is tweaked the water still wants to collect in the same areas. two distinct brown streaks appearing two thirds of the way across to the pop side, the sodden area by the touch line, and by the goal line/corner at the golf road end. the pitch needs building up higher and with more camber so surface water runs off. it appears there is very little camber at all on the pitch. i watched some video of stockport's match yesterday and their pitch appeared to be in very good condition despite the same weather.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2018, 01:49:37 PM »

I am concerned about the pitch.

The side holding the water does stop us playing but we will just have to dig deep.

I can see us using the left a lot more with Hemmings. He was very very good in his late appearance. Clearly can dribble,close control in awful conditions, strong which is vital in this league and unselfish. He just looked the part.

buchanj9

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2018, 01:54:08 PM »

I am concerned about the pitch.

The side holding the water does stop us playing but we will just have to dig deep.

I can see us using the left a lot more with Hemmings. He was very very good in his late appearance. Clearly can dribble,close control in awful conditions, strong which is vital in this league and unselfish. He just looked the part.

I agree, Hemmings looks as if he will be key over the coming fixtures.

nimeta

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2018, 03:11:22 PM »

We may need to pray for a little global warming to save the pitch. The problem is that our current style of football...amazing as it is to watch...will be completely f**ked up by a bad pitch and give the edge to the less skilled but more physical sides.

On the plus side, we have done so well against most of the other top sides away...I imagine they won't be looking forward to the return trip to Moss Lane. I was kinda wondering about Chorley, who we have played, but their recent form looks complete sh*te... hopefully by the time we meet them they will be mid table.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 03:53:20 PM by nimeta »

Altyrocket

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2018, 03:49:48 PM »

Chorley 5 points from last five games, goals 5:5. Also Chester have identical stats.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 03:51:29 PM by Altyrocket »

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2018, 05:25:40 PM »

it could be argued that it is global warming that is causing the increased times we suffer prolonged heavy rainfall.  what we really need is a dry winter.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2018, 06:36:19 PM »

If we are going to do anything it should be possible to protect that side. It isn't raining 24 x 7

anglo alty

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2018, 07:18:11 AM »

Way back in the day in my Grandads time they had a similar problem, Moss lane as everyone knows is built on a bog and they solved the problem with tons of sand to help drainage and going through the sixties/seventies whilst not perfect the pitch was a lot better not many games postponed due to waterlogged pitches unlike last season. I know last season was unprecedented

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2018, 09:49:15 AM »

I was talking to one of the groundsman before the game and he was saying the pitch down the right towards the golf road end could do with about a foot depth of clay soil being removed from that area. He also said in fairness to MUFC they do carry out quite a bit of work on the pitch
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 fixtures