PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 To any stay aways
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: To any stay aways  (Read 6919 times)

Jezza

To any stay aways
« on: December 08, 2018, 06:54:06 PM »

These lads and this manager play for each other, play some lovely stuff and are a joy to watch.

I was determined to stay away in protest and just go to away matches last year but this team is really special and has a connection with the fans.

So come down and support them despite anything else rather than staying away to spite.

I'm sue I'm not alone in being unhappy with the chairman but love going to watch alty at the moment....it can be done

They deserve a few more than 800 cheering them on today

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: To any stay aways
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2018, 07:03:53 PM »

I agree Jezza, the team deserve ALL our support but I am concerned that the stayaways are going to miss what is happening this season. I know you feel you are making a point, but what is happening now is under Graeme Rowley's chairmanship also.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2018, 08:18:28 PM »

I agree Jezza, the team deserve ALL our support but I am concerned that the stayaways are going to miss what is happening this season. I know you feel you are making a point, but what is happening now is under Graeme Rowley's chairmanship also.

With respect Steve..,

Matt Taylor

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2018, 08:38:31 PM »

I’m enjoying our success on the pitch as much as anyone, but it probably goes a bit deeper than that for some in terms of attending home games. It’s worth remembering that (despite undeniable improvements being made in the boardroom), if the current chairman had his way we would probably now be sitting 10th in the EvoStik League, with Matt Doughty telling everyone on Twitter how well we had done in a draw away at Mikcleover Sports and Ian Foden trying to convince everyone that we can’t compete with the likes of South Shields. Fortunately it didn’t turn out that way and ‘that’ (5 hour) board meeting was one of the most important we’ve had in years.

On the crowd today, maybe we deserve more but it wasn’t dreadful. The weather was awful and it’s the run up to Xmas. And I think the new fanbase is more affected by United/City playing on a Saturday than we used to be, but also it probably didn’t help that Telford brought about 15. Granted, they may have dispersed around the ground a bit by the time I came in, but it looked an appalling following for what should have been a big game for them.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2018, 09:04:43 PM »

I’m enjoying our success on the pitch as much as anyone, but it probably goes a bit deeper than that for some in terms of attending home games. It’s worth remembering that (despite undeniable improvements being made in the boardroom), if the current chairman had his way we would probably now be sitting 10th in the EvoStik League, with Matt Doughty telling everyone on Twitter how well vb TVwe had done in a draw away at Mikcleover Sports and Ian Foden trying to convince everyone that we can’t compete with the likes of South Shields. Fortunately it didn’t turn out that way and ‘that’ (5 hour) board meeting was one of the most important we’ve had in years.

On the crowd today, maybe we deserve more but it wasn’t dreadful. The weather was awful and it’s the run up to Xmas. And I think the new fanbase is more affected by United/City playing on a Saturday than we used to be, but  also it probably didn’t help that Telford brought about 15. Granted, they may have dispersed around the ground a bit by the time I came in, but it looked an appalling following for what should have been a big game for them.

Living not far from Telford I would have thought more of the fans would have enjoyed taking the opportunity to get away for a few hours  ;)

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2018, 09:31:41 PM »

I’m enjoying our success on the pitch as much as anyone, but it probably goes a bit deeper than that for some in terms of attending home games. It’s worth remembering that (despite undeniable improvements being made in the boardroom), if the current chairman had his way we would probably now be sitting 10th in the EvoStik League, with Matt Doughty telling everyone on Twitter how well we had done in a draw away at Mikcleover Sports and Ian Foden trying to convince everyone that we can’t compete with the likes of South Shields. Fortunately it didn’t turn out that way and ‘that’ (5 hour) board meeting was one of the most important we’ve had in years.

On the crowd today, maybe we deserve more but it wasn’t dreadful. The weather was awful and it’s the run up to Xmas. And I think the new fanbase is more affected by United/City playing on a Saturday than we used to be, but also it probably didn’t help that Telford brought about 15. Granted, they may have dispersed around the ground a bit by the time I came in, but it looked an appalling following for what should have been a big game for them.

According to this forum's homepage we're playing Mickleover next.  Great result today. I'm looking forward, not back. What's done is done

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2018, 09:34:36 PM »

The success now being achieved is due to the board (incl Rowley) making good decisions rather than bailing out when there was nobody else to take over, in which case, it could all have collapsed.
Most fair minded people would acknowledge that, but you cant can you?  Well, most fans are glad we got here, yet you are stilll trying to convince everyone it was "fortunate" and cant stand the fact you were wrong.
I'm sure we can compete with the likes of Salford and Orient by the way  ;) :D ;D ;D ;D ;D

buchanj9

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2018, 09:50:45 PM »

The success now being achieved is due to the board (incl Rowley) making good decisions rather than bailing out when there was nobody else to take over, in which case, it could all have collapsed.
Most fair minded people would acknowledge that, but you cant can you?  Well, most fans are glad we got here, yet you are stilll trying to convince everyone it was "fortunate" and cant stand the fact you were wrong.
I'm sure we can compete with the likes of Salford and Orient by the way  ;) :D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Matt Taylor

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2018, 10:08:11 PM »

Most fair minded people would acknowledge that, but you cant can you?  Well, most fans are glad we got here, yet you are stilll trying to convince everyone it was "fortunate" and cant stand the fact you were wrong.
I'm sure we can compete with the likes of Salford and Orient by the way  ;) :D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Hi Foden. Well, I did say how much I was enjoying it at the moment as an Alty fan (good win today!), and how important the (right) decision the board made was. Apart from that, you’ve made the rest of it up.

Have I hit a nerve BTW? Think that number of those silly faces must be a record. Even for you.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2018, 10:11:28 PM »

You do like to take the rise, I'm just enjoying us rise the table  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Is that enough for you ?

andrewflynn

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2018, 12:08:35 AM »

Parkinson’s red and white army.

My message to stay always is the same as it always has been - by all means don’t come to home games if that’s your stance, but please get yourselves to upcoming away games and get behind these lads.

After making a good appointment at the fourth time of asking, we’ve got a genuine chance of achieving back to back promotions. Not a single one of us thought that was possible in the summer of 2017.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2018, 08:49:26 AM »

I'm enjoying watch the eleven players of Altrincham on the pitch at the moment.

I would like to see the club try harder (and by club those in official capacities) and re connect with old fans. The cost of acquiring new fans at their level of loyalty - or converting floaters to that level is very high.

The club are burying their head in the sand as much as those staying away. There's hundreds of ways to get some of the stay aways back and probably twenty decent ideas to get the very hardcore of that movemtn back (if they want to and don't have other things they'd rather be doing.)

The situation isn't all black and white. New chairman or same chairman etc.

Maybe we just need a good old fashioned amnesty day.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 08:54:50 AM by HashtagAlty »
It's all my fault.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2018, 09:18:02 AM »

I'm enjoying watch the eleven players of Altrincham on the pitch at the moment.

I would like to see the club try harder (and by club those in official capacities) and re connect with old fans. The cost of acquiring new fans at their level of loyalty - or converting floaters to that level is very high.

The club are burying their head in the sand as much as those staying away. There's hundreds of ways to get some of the stay aways back and probably twenty decent ideas to get the very hardcore of that movemtn back (if they want to and don't have other things they'd rather be doing.)

The situation isn't all black and white. New chairman or same chairman etc.

Maybe we just need a good old fashioned amnesty day.

Good post. This current Altrincham side is a joy to watch and we have a young, ambitious management team who deserve great credit for the excellent job they have done so far.  It is good to see us try and modernise commercially a bit more too.

I don't want to sound negative but some context is needed though. The double relegation and the fall outs are not a distant memory and a lot of wounds created during that miserable time will not have fully healed. Also, for all the great football and wins over the last 18 months, a conference north promotion challenge is not uncharted territory nor dizzy heights.

I'm not saying this to distract from Parkinson, Sorvel or the team. Total respect to them. But I sense a feeling at times in some quarters that all is rosy again and the damage has been fully repaired when in fact there is still a lot of work to be done, off the pitch particularly. Let's keep it going.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2018, 09:42:58 AM »

Yes, I would love to see the club looking for ways to reach out to the hardcore fans that have stopped coming - 'come in for a chat, tell us where you are, what can we do'-type of thing. It would clearly need to be someone other than GR leading this...

I've started going to home games again, when I had said I wouldn't with GR still in charge, purely because my Dad goes and life's too short not to go with him. But the most striking thing about home games now is how many familiar faces are absent. The CSH after matches is like a morgue.

It's glib and ignorant to say to these fans 'you're just cutting your noses off to spite your face' or 'what are you playing at, we're good now!'. The reasons people are staying away are complex and heartfelt and different for different people but with a bit of care and attention, I'm sure a good proportion could be coaxed back.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 09:45:54 AM by Leon »

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2018, 09:52:48 AM »

Yes, I would love to see the club looking for ways to reach out to the hardcore fans that have stopped coming - 'come in for a chat, tell us where you are, what can we do'-type of thing. It would clearly need to be someone other than GR leading this...

I've started going to home games again, when I had said I wouldn't with GR still in charge, purely because my Dad goes and life's too short not to go with him. But the most striking thing about home games now is how many familiar faces are absent. The CSH after matches is like a morgue.

It's glib and ignorant to say to these fans 'you're just cutting your noses off to spite your face' or 'what are you playing at, we're good now!'. The reasons people are staying away are complex and heartfelt and different for different people but with a bit of care and attention, I'm sure a good proportion could be coaxed back.

Absolutely spot on both Bob and Leon. I’m sure Pukka Pieman will be along with a trite comment in a minute but the above is the reality of the situation. As most people know GR’s influence has been increasingly diluted on the Board (a huge relief, frankly) but we all know he is too stubborn to stand down now and we just have to get on with it.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 To any stay aways