News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Stockport on New Years Day

Author Topic: Stockport on New Years Day  (Read 2245 times)

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: December 09, 2018, 10:23:48 AM »

Some of their fans have been asking if this is likely to be all ticket ?

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Stockport on New Years Day
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2018, 10:37:37 AM »

I’d be surprised if it was, though people will need to be told to get in early. Biggest crowd I’ve seen in the recent past here was the 4600 for Guiseley in the CN Play Off final in 2014 and that was pay on the day, albeit with only about 600-700 away fans.

Guesstimate 3000-3500 depending on how we both do in the league in the next few weeks. Give Stockport half the pop side and the away end so they have a roof plus obviously some will elect to sit down. No need for any OTT GMP activity either, other than being local we have no rivalry with them and I’ve never seen a hint of trouble at any of our games with them. Should be a good days football for all-no rain please over Xmas too!

andrewflynn

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2018, 11:23:40 AM »

Yeah, I’ve noticed a few tweets but had no info from the club. I’d imagine we’ve sent them tickets to get a gauge of how many are likely to attend, helps us to prepare.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2018, 12:41:43 PM »

I’d be surprised if it was, though people will need to be told to get in early. Biggest crowd I’ve seen in the recent past here was the 4600 for Guiseley in the CN Play Off final in 2014 and that was pay on the day, albeit with only about 600-700 away fans.

Guesstimate 3000-3500 depending on how we both do in the league in the next few weeks. Give Stockport half the pop side and the away end so they have a roof plus obviously some will elect to sit down. No need for any OTT GMP activity either, other than being local we have no rivalry with them and I’ve never seen a hint of trouble at any of our games with them. Should be a good days football for all-no rain please over Xmas too!

Why give them any of the popside..........the away end is big enough for what they will bring

I must add, the experience at their ground when we visited them in the FA Cup was far from great........albeit under cover there was not enough room, poor access to facilities etc. Let's wait and see how we are treated on Boxing Day
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2018, 01:16:10 PM »

they gave more room when it was needed. they seem to want to keep everyone together rather than let them spread out. looked like the same with the chester fans yesterday on the video ive just watched. i expect to experience a complete contrast in the level and quality of the stewarding between the boxing day and new years day games.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team