PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Stockport (FAT) Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Stockport (FAT) Match Thread  (Read 20855 times)

basil falty

Re: Stockport (FAT) Match Thread
« Reply #60 on: December 16, 2018, 10:23:01 AM »

Even with the changes we probably would have won that yesterday with 11. Second half we battled to the end and their keeper did well. They also had chances. We had a slow start but our attacks were faster and better. Disappointed about going out but not disappointed with the performance overall.

PaulClementsLaments

• Regular First Team
  • I wish I was a spaceman...
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 16, 2018, 12:32:14 PM »

Leaving aside the reasons for a much changed side, when I saw the line-up I expected us to struggle and we certainly did for the first 20 minutes or so - we looked like we weren't used to playing together. Once we got going though we did ok and did well in the face of that strong wind against us in the first half. Ben Harrison looked short of confidence initially but got better as the game went on. I thought Williams played well until he understandably tired later on.  Langley was solid and Wynn made important saves and can't be blamed for their deflected goal. I thought Hancock and Richman were outstanding. The young lad who came on right at the end barely got a kick and was knocked off the ball or bypassed very easily by the Stockport fullback so that will give him an idea of the step up in quality needed for the first team. Overall I thought we played ok and the man deficit wasn't really that obvious, apart from one melee near the end they didn't threaten that much. Disappointing to go out of the Trophy but I'm sure we'll be back on it next week with a more recognized team. Losing Jordan Hulme is an obvious blow but let's show anyone who thinks we're a one-man team or very reliant on him that its not the case.

Paul
« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 07:42:42 PM by PaulClementsLaments »

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 16, 2018, 12:51:27 PM »

It was a lot more than Jordan putting his foot to the ground. What he made contact with is impossible to say from the TV angle.

I'm looking for a response next Saturday. All the distractions are out the way now. We need to push on while others are trying to fit cup games into their schedule.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 16, 2018, 05:35:47 PM »

Still  no match report on the official site 24 hours after the match ended. Thank heavens we still have John Laidlar's site for all the news we want.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 16, 2018, 11:25:13 PM »

The club site is lovely to look at, but of less value as an information source than it should be.

John's site remains a veritable mine of information.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 17, 2018, 07:37:40 AM »

First team players who hadn't played in the first team. Didn't sound particularly bothered about losing. In fact sounded quite relieved.
I would have liked him to have been asked why he gave the first round of the FA Trophy as much importance as a pre-season friendly.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 07:45:23 AM by Hale Alty »

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 17, 2018, 08:32:42 AM »

I think he's keeping his powder dry. If we can ambush them at their place and follow it up on New Year's Day they would have a lot of ground to make up.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 17, 2018, 09:35:37 AM »

The other problem with not having put out our strongest side (which I'm very surprised about) is that Stockport now have a bit of psychological hold over us, which will make the festive double header harder. If we don't get a good return of points from those two games, the team selection on Saturday will go down as a miscalculation.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 17, 2018, 10:16:18 AM »

The other problem with not having put out our strongest side (which I'm very surprised about) is that Stockport now have a bit of psychological hold over us, which will make the festive double header harder. If we don't get a good return of points from those two games, the team selection on Saturday will go down as a miscalculation.

You could argue the other way, too - that they might get complacent.

However yes, I'm more of the opinion that it gets tougher - see us v BPA for example, they keeled over the most recent time after 2 good fights previously.

Jezza

« Reply #70 on: December 17, 2018, 11:44:20 AM »

I dont know wether it was down to a flu bug or a conscious decision.
Seems odd with the alsager match and jj coming on and seemingly perfectly fine.
If it was deliberate squad rotation i think it was very offensive disrespecting of a competition that has meant a lot to alty over many years...play our strongest side in league fa trophy and fa cup games please....
The csc and dog walking cups are for rotation

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 17, 2018, 01:00:26 PM »

Jezza, I agree with you on this

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 17, 2018, 01:15:22 PM »

Truro at home for Stockport
It's all my fault.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 17, 2018, 01:24:02 PM »

Look, I know Phil almost certainly reads this forum, therefore I'll say this to reaffirm what I assume were his thoughts:

These players are going to need to be rotated between now and the end of the season. A Trophy game, just before the busiest time of the season, is unfortunately the most suitable candidate for that.

On another day, it might have come off - but it didn't, exacerbated of course by Jordan's dismissal.

I'm willing to see the bright side - squad players got minutes, Jordan will get a rest, and if we end up there or thereabouts in the league, we really won't mind at all.

Keep going lads - I'll be there Saturday.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 17, 2018, 08:49:42 PM »

If we get 9 points out of the next 4 games Saturdays experiment will have been worth it.

Doesn't look like Poole will be back anytime soon, so I think Hancock and the 9 and Harrop as the 10. Obviously it will depend on how some have recovered from the flu.

Full time and proud of it
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Stockport (FAT) Match Thread