PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Same old spinless stuff
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Same old spinless stuff  (Read 7351 times)

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Same old spinless stuff
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2018, 09:06:50 AM »

Not sure what the problem is here? We got to stand in that final third of the pop side in the first half when we needed it. Second half it is completely vacant. Given the biblical weather and the facilities we have empty and available, why wouldn’t we let them use it?

So just for the record, you want the round fully segregated after BPA, but your happy to have four poeple act as a segregation wall for a load of county fans.

They had been given a roof for protection from the elements. If we are going to give them the pop side it should be a decision to do so pre match not because we've allowed our three stewards to be put in a dangerous situation. Took our main safety office above a good five minutes to go over and our chief office a further five to run round. Nigel was quicker to ask us to remove a Macc flag.

I witnessed our stewards bullied into giving them that area of the terrace by climbing over the wall and shouting about taking the terrace.

We've now fans on their forum talking about just using the home end going forward. Granted very little might happen. But you could have said BPA and Coalville wouldn't hapoen.

Away fans should not be in the same home bar. We've a giant wall we can put up if absolutely necessary.

For the record, we will never know if Hulme had been given a reprieve of a yellow without county fans in that family stand balling the ref for a red.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 09:10:15 AM by HashtagAlty »
It's all my fault.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2018, 09:12:50 AM »

things weren't any different then. they spent their time watching the game. we need to learn from clubs like stockport, southport and chester. doesn't have to be heavy handed or over the top, just organised and efficient.

Correct.
It's all my fault.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2018, 09:14:54 AM »

Absolutely. At this level there is no need. No idea who HashtagAlty is but I can form an opinion of him from his posts.

And that is Cheshire cat? You'll find me at the majority of the games if you'd like to validate that opinion. Nothing wrong in being critical, it's the pathway to improvement.
It's all my fault.

andrewflynn

« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2018, 09:34:45 AM »

Not sure what the problem is here? We got to stand in that final third of the pop side in the first half when we needed it. Second half it is completely vacant. Given the biblical weather and the facilities we have empty and available, why wouldn’t we let them use it?

So just for the record, you want the round fully segregated after BPA, but your happy to have four poeple act as a segregation wall for a load of county fans.

They had been given a roof for protection from the elements. If we are going to give them the pop side it should be a decision to do so pre match not because we've allowed our three stewards to be put in a dangerous situation. Took our main safety office above a good five minutes to go over and our chief office a further five to run round. Nigel was quicker to ask us to remove a Macc flag.

I witnessed our stewards bullied into giving them that area of the terrace by climbing over the wall and shouting about taking the terrace.

We've now fans on their forum talking about just using the home end going forward. Granted very little might happen. But you could have said BPA and Coalville wouldn't hapoen.

Away fans should not be in the same home bar. We've a giant wall we can put up if absolutely necessary.

For the record, we will never know if Hulme had been given a reprieve of a yellow without county fans in that family stand balling the ref for a red.

This is the last I’ll say on it because it’s pointless.

You know full well what my stance on segregation is. I don’t want away fans on the Golf Road End in their droves and I don’t like it when our fans spread out onto the away end. Neither happened so my boxes have been ticked.

I’m not talking about away fans directly using the home end facilities. There are certainly problems to be addressed there.

We got access to the area we wanted in the first half, we moved back to the other end of the ground - the area then became unused and sodden, freezing County fans were allowed to take shelter. Again, not sure what the issue is with that?

We’d have created a more hostile situation for our voluntary stewards had we kept it shut to County fans.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2018, 10:10:05 AM »

I am going to apologise to Hashtag for playing the man rather than the arguement. I wil blame it on the beer.

Until we have the funds to do something about the lack of roof at the Chequers End there's no harm in showing a bit of compassion to visiting fans when conditions are as foul as they were yesterday.. I'd like to do that regardless of how we are treated at other grounds.

basil falty

« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2018, 10:11:31 AM »

Agree we’ve not got many stewards and they’re all volunteers I think. Our safety officer is a nice bloke- we are still that way I’m afraid. Yesterday- from what I saw - no County in with us. They had the family stand. They came into pop side second half to escape  fowl weather and seemed contained nicely in the corner. May of been some in main stand and bar.

Agree we need improvements but I wouldn’t say County were all around, I didn’t see any apart from maybe the bar.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2018, 10:25:54 AM »

I am going to apologise to Hashtag for playing the man rather than the arguement. I wil blame it on the beer.

Until we have the funds to do something about the lack of roof at the Chequers End there's no harm in showing a bit of compassion to visiting fans when conditions are as foul as they were yesterday.. I'd like to do that regardless of how we are treated at other grounds.

I didn't have a beer yesterday or today.

I had a very delicious Hot Vimto though. Served quick and efficiently.
It's all my fault.

Jezza

« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2018, 10:39:24 AM »

Our previous safety officers had advice given to the chairman completely ignored hence the lack of stewards.
I don't know what the club has done if anything to bring in a new team of ballboys like we had previously who were a credit to Ray who used to organise it.

Yesterday I think we did all the right things offering cover in atrocious conditions but this was done on a think on your feet basis with little forethought, the end of the pop side should have been given at our decision at half time not have the embarrassment of being taken over.

In conditions like yesterday I feel embarrassed at making opposing fans stand out in the open elements so either a roof needs considering for the chequers end or a proactive decision to give up the family stand and in the case of a large away following the 3rd of the main stand and have the lounge behind the family stand an away bar.
I never see stewards outside the golf rd turnstile checking for away fans.

Until we have a proactive strategy a chairman who makes decisions on the hoof and is desperate to be seen to be hospitable until trouble starts we will continually have these debates.

Credit to the county fans though there was no actual trouble was there?

CountyFan

« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2018, 11:17:20 AM »

I turned up just before kick off yesterday and paid for a seat, I was directed to the seats on the right but we couldn't get 3 seats together so we went in the Main stand, it didn't appear to be a problem and there were quite a few County in there. The bar at half time was also mixed and we chatted with Alty fans without any animosity,  we've never had a problem with you lot and you'll get no grief at County either.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2018, 11:26:30 AM »

I had no issues with giving the Stockport fans some of the popular side, it was foul weather and the numbers and fixture dictated few problems were ever likely. New Years Day will see a far bigger crowd and different mood though.

Segregating matches isn't going to work properly if you have zero segregation among the seated areas and free movement between the main stand and the home end. Equally, if away fans just come through the home turnstiles anyway then that defeats the object further.

My own view is the stands should be all ticket on New Years Day and the turnstile areas policed.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2018, 11:43:28 AM »

New Year's Day needs to be a fully segregated all-ticket game. Otherwise it's simply a recipe for trouble - indeed I might stay at home if it isn't dealt with. I'm too old and slow for the sort of shenanigans that comes out of random visiting "supporters" who are still rat-arsed from the preceding revelry.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2018, 12:06:59 PM »

New Year's Day needs to be a fully segregated all-ticket game. Otherwise it's simply a recipe for trouble - indeed I might stay at home if it isn't dealt with. I'm too old and slow for the sort of shenanigans that comes out of random visiting "supporters" who are still rat-arsed from the preceding revelry.
[/quote

All ticket will prob see a crowd of 2k not ticket maybe up to 4k.just needs policing and organising. Maybe seating all ticket.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2018, 12:37:57 PM »

It's too late now to be selling tickets for a game on New Year's Day, bearing in mind Christmas is just over a week away.

It just needs to be properly policed.
Come on Alty!

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2018, 01:21:25 PM »

I turned up just before kick off yesterday and paid for a seat, I was directed to the seats on the right but we couldn't get 3 seats together so we went in the Main stand, it didn't appear to be a problem and there were quite a few County in there. The bar at half time was also mixed and we chatted with Alty fans without any animosity,  we've never had a problem with you lot and you'll get no grief at County either.

No grief at County because the fans aren't able to mix and the stewards are well trained, numerous and attentive.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2018, 02:46:53 PM »

Thankfully your useless, safety officer is away for the New Years game. So step up and show us how to steward a game properly. I can supply you with the stewards contact details, details for Stockport stewards and a company that also supplies us stewards when I ask them. I’ll be at the ground at about 1115 for the Darlington game so I can show what I do.
A warning to any potential applicants, whatever you do will always be criticised.
Enjoy my generous remuneration package. There’s plenty of zeros in it.

Nigel its a thankless  task dammed if you do dammed if you don't been going on for years.
The club have had suggestion and ideas over the years how to improve the ground (At a low cost) and
handle big games they just don't want to listen.
@AltyDaz
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Same old spinless stuff