News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty TV - Highlights Altrincham Vs Stockport County FA Trophy

Author Topic: Alty TV - Highlights Altrincham Vs Stockport County FA Trophy  (Read 3248 times)

Alty TV

• Regular First Team
  • Alty TV
    • View Profile
    • Alty TV
« on: December 16, 2018, 02:40:30 PM »

Alty TV Highlights now on YouTube.
https://youtu.be/IdQIAm43jMU

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Alty TV - Highlights Altrincham Vs Stockport County FA Trophy
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2018, 05:29:25 PM »

Shame no post match interview yesterday. I'd have liked a few challenging question asked of the management team regarding team selection and prioritising of competitions.

Alty TV

• Regular First Team
  • Alty TV
    • View Profile
    • Alty TV
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2018, 05:31:44 PM »

Had to shoot off straight after the match - prior commitments. Brian/John may well have recorded an audio interview?

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2018, 08:49:59 PM »

Shame no post match interview yesterday. I'd have liked a few challenging question asked of the management team regarding team selection and prioritising of competitions.

A mixture of injuries and illness from what I was told. I dont think challenging questions are really required to be honest. We were slow to get going yesterday, but that was to be expected with the amount of changes. We actually had the better of the second half with 10 men and in the end could have nicked a draw.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2018, 09:11:06 PM »

Had to shoot off straight after the match - prior commitments. Brian/John may well have recorded an audio interview?

There is a post-match audio interview with Phil Parkinson now posted on the cub website:-

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/news/phil-parkinson-interview-post-fa-trophy-exit-to-stockport-county

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2018, 10:57:02 PM »

Thanks for the link Brian, having listened to the PP post match interview my opinion is he rotated players to give them game time, couple of curved balls by Connor not being 100%, some we're on trial in my opinion. So he placed that as a priority over winning the fixture potentially. In many ways it paid of for him. As supporters that paid they may feel a little cheated.

League is clearly the priority for us, which I have no problem with.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2018, 01:17:11 PM »

A mixture of injuries and illness from what I was told. I dont think challenging questions are really required to be honest. We were slow to get going yesterday, but that was to be expected with the amount of changes. We actually had the better of the second half with 10 men and in the end could have nicked a draw.

I do. A poor showing in FA Cup and a poor showing in the troohy.

Very disappointing. Easy for older fans to write off the cup but not that easiest when all you've seen in Barnsley
It's all my fault.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2018, 03:04:00 PM »

If,,if we have a chance at the league then i dont mind at all, the prize for establishing ourselves back in the top flight is bigger than a trophy final and we were some way away from that,  its worth the risk we may not get a better chance in years.
Bernard Taylors barmy army

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2018, 03:05:58 PM »

Very disappointing. Easy for older fans to write off the cup but not that easiest when all you've seen in Barnsley

We were actually very good for the first 30 mins of the FA Cup tie and had Andy White scored when clean through would have probably gone on and won the game. It was hardly like we were playing the Dog and Duck and went out. Having now listened to the interview, it is clear that Parky did rotate the squad, but with the Xmas period coming up I can fully understand that. Parky was totally open and honest with the decisions made and I 100% agree with him.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2018, 04:07:23 PM »

I am an older fan and fine it a very poor show that we have been knocked out of the trophy.
Harold
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team