PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Darlington - Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Darlington - Match Thread  (Read 13077 times)

roytonmike

Re: Darlington - Match Thread
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2018, 08:21:59 PM »

Why is there a pitch inspection when we’ve paid ten grand for pitch covers? It’s winter weather
Statement on club website to the effect that pitch covers have not been on in order to enable repair work to take place on the pitch following last Saturday's match.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2018, 09:37:20 PM »

Why is there a pitch inspection when we’ve paid ten grand for pitch covers? It’s winter weather
Statement on club website to the effect that pitch covers have not been on in order to enable repair work to take place on the pitch following last Saturday's match.

Seems a bit of a Catch 22 situation . If we play tomorrow then the pitch will need repairing again thus  making it impossible for the covers to be used next week.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2018, 09:39:10 PM »

Why did we get the covers? Whats the point ?
ParkINson's red and white army

andrewflynn

« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2018, 10:00:21 PM »

Seems a bit of a Catch 22 situation . If we play tomorrow then the pitch will need repairing again thus  making it impossible for the covers to be used next week.

Which makes me wonder why we coordinated a huge fan fundraising effort to purchase them in the first place. This was surely always going to be the case, post game work on the pitch is part and parcel. We knew this.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2018, 10:49:02 PM »

4G
Full time and proud of it

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2018, 11:23:03 PM »

We are always going to have this issue with the ground on MOSS Lane and, unless the playing surface is raised significantly, we still might need to look at 4G as an option.
Looking at the highlights of our last match, the ground near the Pop Side is already looking somewhat dodgy!

andrewflynn

« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2018, 09:05:45 AM »

We are always going to have this issue with the ground on MOSS Lane and, unless the playing surface is raised significantly, we still might need to look at 4G as an option.
Looking at the highlights of our last match, the ground near the Pop Side is already looking somewhat dodgy!

Indeed, but fans invested money into covers under the impression they would be used in weeks like the ones we’ve just had. This is the wettest month of the year on average, and so far we’ve been told we can’t use them because:

a) United kids had a game and the pitch needed to breathe afterwards.
b) Work needed to be done and the groundspeople needed access to the surface.

Regardless of the outcome of today’s inspection I think we’ve got to ask the question of whether we’re using these covers to their full potential.

They were cited as a part of a summer campaign of work to combat the problems we have with our surface, but if the donators were told about points a and b I wonder how many would have still chipped in.

Perhaps more communication is needed midweek as to the work being done, and why. Not having a go here, I just think fans deserve a bit more information on something they collectively purchased, and we open ourselves up for criticism when we’re so quiet all week.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2018, 10:08:39 AM »

Indeed, but fans invested money into covers under the impression they would be used in weeks like the ones we’ve just had. This is the wettest month of the year on average, and so far we’ve been told we can’t use them because:

a) United kids had a game and the pitch needed to breathe afterwards.
b) Work needed to be done and the groundspeople needed access to the surface.

Regardless of the outcome of today’s inspection I think we’ve got to ask the question of whether we’re using these covers to their full potential.

They were cited as a part of a summer campaign of work to combat the problems we have with our surface, but if the donators were told about points a and b I wonder how many would have still chipped in.

Perhaps more communication is needed midweek as to the work being done, and why. Not having a go here, I just think fans deserve a bit more information on something they collectively purchased, and we open ourselves up for criticism when we’re so quiet all week.

Or if we're not going to use them maybe offer to Trafford to ensure they have a game on (if logistically feasible)
It's all my fault.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2018, 02:53:53 PM »

1) Thompson, 2) Densmore, 3) Hampson, 4) Jones, 5) Hannigan, 6) Moult (C), 7) Johnston, 8) Richman, 9) Hancock, 10) Harrop, 11) Hemmings.
Harold

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2018, 02:54:27 PM »

12) Williams, 14) Mantack, 15) Langley, 16) Sang, 20) Wynne.
Harold

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2018, 05:21:21 PM »

We could be quite 16) Sang, 20) Wynne. after that performance!

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2018, 05:22:06 PM »

Made hard work of that. Would have taken a point at halftime. Thought we were poor today but improved second half

Surprised we didn’t freshen up a bit late on as we looked for a winner.

Onwards to Wednesday where we need to play better than that.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2018, 05:34:31 PM »

can anyone enlighten me as to who was offside for the added time "winner"?

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2018, 05:45:55 PM »

can anyone enlighten me as to who was offside for the added time "winner"?

Hemmings, but he wasnt I dont think when williams struck it.

Jezza

« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2018, 05:48:50 PM »

After a poor first half defensively i was very proud of the players 2nd half efforts.
I think the stockport selection had a bearing on this result.
If you want to rotate play your strongest 11 and take 3 players off when you are 3-0 up at ht...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Darlington - Match Thread