News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Question about the reserve team

Author Topic: Question about the reserve team  (Read 3036 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: June 18, 2007, 12:38:59 PM »

Its a shame that ressies have pulled out of the lancashire league, but not a suprise considering they were lumped in the Yorkshire section and had far too much travelling in midweek and also clubs often couldnt raise a side to come over here. I see they are just goign to be playing one off friendlies etc next season. What a shame they couldnt field a team in the midcheshire league, its always suprised me that we never opted to put the ressies in their in the first place, Traford,stalybridge,curzon ashton,witton etc all have reserve teams playing at either midcheshire league one or two, maybe its somthing the club could thnk about for next season, as the reserves are an important part of the club.And with the games being 3pm saturday as its a proper league, then those that dont travel to watch Alty away from home could come and see a proper game of football at moss lane, and if the bar/snack bar were open then more money could be raised for the club.

FIRST DIVISION
http://full-time.thefa.com/gen/Index.do?division=741625

SECOND DIVISION
http://full-time.thefa.com/Index.do?selectedSeason=5586509&selectedDivision=1834289

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Question about the reserve team
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2007, 01:04:07 PM »

Hughesy,

We did have a Reserve side in the Mid Cheshire League once, long ago but the standard was so poor that it didn't represent a challenge for our Reserve team and players were unwilling to come and play at that level.

I'm on the Assistant Referees panel for the Mid Cheshire League and to be honest I couldn't say that anything has changed much since then in terms of quality

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2007, 01:11:41 PM »

Cheers!

Seems a shame though

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2007, 01:12:53 PM »

Hughesy,

We did have a Reserve side in the Mid Cheshire League once, long ago but the standard was so poor that it didn't represent a challenge for our Reserve team and players were unwilling to come and play at that level.

I'm on the Assistant Referees panel for the Mid Cheshire League and to be honest I couldn't say that anything has changed much since then in terms of quality

Well then, we can safely assume that the quality of Assistant Referees in the Mid Cheshire League hasn't improved....!

Sorry!
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2007, 01:28:11 PM »

In the past couple of seasons I've officiated on fixtures where the best players on the pitch have been Steve Saunders and Darren Heesom.

There are some potentially useful yoiungsters knocking about but not really all that many tbh

Alty365

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2007, 01:32:53 PM »

I thought Steve Saunders had to give up the game alotgether because of a heart defect or something. I'm pleased to hear he's still playing as he was one of my favuorite Alty players of that era.

teasybeaver

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2007, 01:37:37 PM »

What about the manchester premier?

Theres a few decent sides in there. Its only a league off the NWC so maybe its not allowed?

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2007, 01:44:24 PM »

I believe the fact there is no manager is a major problem as well as travelling etc.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2007, 10:50:49 AM »

Can't see there being a problem getting someone to manage the team if we had one.

Job for Mad Dog or Talbs or someone like that perhaps???
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team