News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 How many games Phil?

Author Topic: How many games Phil?  (Read 5289 times)

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
How many games Phil?
« on: December 26, 2018, 05:00:15 PM »

Three in a row now against County.

Three times a very average side have strolled passed us. Maybe change it up next time?

As for the players, so much for wanting revenge.

On to Guiseley but I'll be spending New Year's Day elshwere.
It's all my fault.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: How many games Phil?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2018, 05:07:28 PM »

It’s becoming a modern day version of Woking away circa 2005-2014. Just put the 2-0 defeat in the post and save us all the bother. Thoroughly tedious.

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2018, 05:28:31 PM »

Three times a very average side have strolled passed us. Maybe change it up next time?

Stockport were a very well organised side who were better than us all over the pitch today. They look far from average in this division.
I don’t see what revenge has to do with it? Why would that make you play any better?

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2018, 05:38:54 PM »

Stockport were a very well organised side who were better than us all over the pitch today. They look far from average in this division.
I don’t see what revenge has to do with it? Why would that make you play any better?

Our side are quoted as saying as they were out for revenge that should probably inspire a more inspiring performance

They've spent most of the season in the middle 7 (7-14) so I would say it makes them average

It's all my fault.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2018, 06:11:40 PM »

They were bang up for that game, well organised. Pressed the ball high up the field. 5 at the back with solid midfield in front. Got us on the break for second, super finish. First was sloppy defending at the back post.

Need a plan B for New Years Day

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2018, 06:17:43 PM »

It’s becoming a modern day version of Woking away circa 2005-2014. Just put the 2-0 defeat in the post and save us all the bother. Thoroughly tedious.

Not to mention echoes of all those soul-destroying 1-0 defeats against Vics at The Drill Field circa 1977 to 1981.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

CountyFan

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2018, 07:20:07 PM »

I thought it was a good game between two good sides, you had a lot of possession but your lads seem to run out of patience after 4 or 5 passes and ended up shooting from 30 or 40 yards, we created the clearer chances and that told in the end, I'm convinced we'll both be up there at the end of the season.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2018, 10:35:45 AM »

I thought it was a good game between two good sides, you had a lot of possession but your lads seem to run out of patience after 4 or 5 passes and ended up shooting from 30 or 40 yards, we created the clearer chances and that told in the end, I'm convinced we'll both be up there at the end of the season.

Fair post.

Obviously doesn't come naturally to most fans but I'll definitely give credit to the opposition - County are a well organised outfit with an effective game plan. That's often enough to get out of this league and I wouldn't be surprised if you did.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2019, 04:56:43 PM »

Come on Phil. Tell us.

I put my ego aside and went today. Put your ego aside and explain.
It's all my fault.

Jezza

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2019, 05:02:36 PM »

No plan b tactically inept.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2019, 06:12:06 PM »

I said beforehand that we should have tried something different, but unfortunately we didn't! After 3 consecutive shut outs against a team with a strong and powerful defence, we continued with one up top and made it incredibly easy for them. Once Sang came on to support Jordan, we obviously looked more of a threat.

Moving forward, the keeper obviously needs a rest and I'm pretty sure the management team must be working on another loan winger, as poor Mattack looks massively out of his depth.

I like Stockport and I want them to go up, but a really good side would have put the game to bed by half time today - we were abject. They don't score enough goals and I fear that will ultimately be their undoing.

Can anyone illuminate me as to why Andy White got booked, as from the view we had, it looked like a quality tackle.

VofD

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2019, 06:22:41 PM »

No plan b tactically inept.

No plan B,C,D,E or F  >:( >:(
Absolutely clueless tactically.

jhcorbett

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2019, 06:32:18 PM »

I said beforehand that we should have tried something different, but unfortunately we didn't! After 3 consecutive shut outs against a team with a strong and powerful defence, we continued with one up top and made it incredibly easy for them. Once Sang came on to support Jordan, we obviously looked more of a threat.

Moving forward, the keeper obviously needs a rest and I'm pretty sure the management team must be working on another loan winger, as poor Mattack looks massively out of his depth.

I like Stockport and I want them to go up, but a really good side would have put the game to bed by half time today - we were abject. They don't score enough goals and I fear that will ultimately be their undoing.

Can anyone illuminate me as to why Andy White got booked, as from the view we had, it looked like a quality tackle.

That would be down to the ref  Mr Matt Corlett. Hope he never refs us again. Credit to our players for not getting even more wound up by his "decisions".

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 How many games Phil?