PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Thompson, winger and forward
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Thompson, winger and forward  (Read 8354 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Thompson, winger and forward
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2019, 07:48:59 PM »

Hinchcliffe hasn't had too much to do against us in the last 2 games to be honest. But was he has had to do he's looked solid in doing.

To be fair to Tony T he made a couple of good saves and has had some shocking back passes to deal with in recent games - the pass from Jones today for his air shot was plain daft.

Agree that Wynne's chance in net is long overdue now though.

One of those good saves wouldn't have been necessary if he'd done his job properly with the original cross. His positioning today was dreadful.

Mantack would struggle in the league below - losing Hemmings so soon is a massive loss.

Sang was a little better than at Guiseley and may yet turn out OK. Richman would have been my choice for MOM.

No complaints, best side won. If we make the playoffs - and there's no reason why we shouldn't - we have to hope that County win the League. If we have to play them again, we're at a tremendous psychological disadvantage.

Richman was the only one giving his all in the first half. Can't fault Hampson or Richman today.

Hulme was a yard off the pace and that's due to his red card and being out for 3 games. That trophy game has haunted us for many reasons.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2019, 07:49:13 PM »

Agree with a lot said here - but today it was obvious after 15 mins that we would not break them down - very well organised defensively (against us anyway)

Problem today for me was lack of alternative options to change the game

Cannot help thinking the crowd today was quiet because we knew the script

Hope they win it because no point meeting them in the playoffs - they have our number
« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 07:56:15 PM by Mick »
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2019, 07:52:05 PM »

Agree with a lot said here - but today it was obvious after 15 mins that we would not break them down - very well organised defensively (against us anyway)

Problem today for me was lack of alternative options to change the game

Cannot help thinking the crowd today was quiet because we knew the script

Agreed - hope they win it because no point meeting them in the playoffs - they have our number

Yeah atmosphere was flat. I hate those metal sheets attached to the back of the stand that people bang like monkeys and drown out any attempted song singing. Worst than a bloody drum.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2019, 08:09:14 PM »

I think us getting to 3rd after Telford hasn’t helped in some respects. I had us down for a solid mid-table finish pre-season and I still expect us to get that but clearly expectations have been raised in recent weeks and we’ve not responded. January’s fixture list looks very tough too so suspect we might have to take a few more defeats before things perk up again.

Let’s not forget either that PP and NS have never managed at this level before either so it will be a learning curve for them against a far more experienced manager in Gannon. Hopefully ahead of Chorley, if not Boston we can also bring in a replacement for Dale/Hemmings, clearly Mantack is not good enough for this level.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2019, 08:10:29 PM »

I said last season that we need to replace TT.  It was his fault he had an air kick not the bloke who passed it back to him.
Agree with others that we need a striker to help Hulme. Oh for an Andy Green...

Manteck is not good enough let's hope we can get Dale  back for a while

Far to much passing back and fannying around along the back line it's like Jose is running the show.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2019, 08:18:36 PM »

I feel a bit sorry for Mantack tbh. There's no lack of effort there,he's just not good enough. If the manager picks him he can only do his best.

TheGolfRoadView

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2019, 08:28:01 PM »

Yes Stockport played the ref well, but what is frustrating is that it is so obvious what they were doing , yet the ref fall for it too many times. We have Jordan Hulme who at times is also happy to hit the deck and feign being hurt, and today actually pretended he had a head injury when we were attacking , leading to the ref stopping the game as we put a ball into their box. He then gets up as soon as the trainer gets to him, unbelievable. Just wish he would cut out the theatricals and just get on with the game,

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2019, 09:08:52 PM »

Yes Stockport played the ref well, but what is frustrating is that it is so obvious what they were doing , yet the ref fall for it too many times. We have Jordan Hulme who at times is also happy to hit the deck and feign being hurt, and today actually pretended he had a head injury when we were attacking , leading to the ref stopping the game as we put a ball into their box. He then gets up as soon as the trainer gets to him, unbelievable. Just wish he would cut out the theatricals and just get on with the game,

Wow
Jordan is nomally as hard as nails - no way he would be codding it in the penalty area like that

Ref has to stop it and despite my incensed shouts at the time - that is the rules

Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2019, 09:22:58 PM »

A lot of good points on here. I would just add that Kallum Mantack is still a young player so, apart from the odd exception like Dale or Watmore, it's unrealistic and unfair to expect him to stand out in a game while he is essentially still learning.

My hopes and ambitions at the start of the season were for the top half and, just maybe, sneaking into the playoffs. I think that holds true, but that run in the autumn probably did give us false expectations.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2019, 09:39:03 PM »

A lot of good points on here. I would just add that Kallum Mantack is still a young player so, apart from the odd exception like Dale or Watmore, it's unrealistic and unfair to expect him to stand out in a game while he is essentially still learning.

My hopes and ambitions at the start of the season were for the top half and, just maybe, sneaking into the playoffs. I think that holds true, but that run in the autumn probably did give us false expectations.

Young but still not good enough.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2019, 10:11:08 PM »

1 shot ... 1 we could still be playing now and not have scored yet
ParkINson's red and white army

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2019, 10:16:04 PM »

1 shot ... 1 we could still be playing now and not have scored yet

That's why we need decent wide players left and right to create chances. 

Wasn't good enough today. I just feel we could have given a lot more in the first half. They were on it from the first whistle.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2019, 11:39:37 AM »

Still need a keeper and it should still be priority. Need another striker because that will be 7 games without Hulme just from red cards. I would like us to approach Coburn for goalkeeper coach.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2019, 01:04:06 PM »

Agree completely but I just can't see PP doing anything about it. He has set his stall (mistakenly in my view) by TT. I just can't see him climbing down on this one. Given the volume of goals conceded recently it is more likely he will recall Ben for James Jones. Is there any more money for a loan striker?

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2019, 02:06:29 PM »

Still need a keeper and it should still be priority. Need another striker because that will be 7 games without Hulme just from red cards. I would like us to approach Coburn for goalkeeper coach.

Didn't he get suspended for five yellows early on as well?
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Thompson, winger and forward