PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Well done Alty today great organisation
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Well done Alty today great organisation  (Read 6866 times)

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Well done Alty today great organisation
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2019, 06:36:08 PM »

Credit where credit is due, very well organised by all accounts. Just hope the tab for GMP’s NYD overtime isn’t too big. Good article on OS explaining the planning that went into yesterday. Assume you could get in a pint in ok too? Those queues have been notorious at times this season.

On a side note, very odd this continual obsession certain posters on the Stockport forum have about the attendance breakdown yesterday. They’ve beaten us 4 times this season, I wouldn’t give a monkeys if I was them.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2019, 06:47:17 PM »

That's a superb effort by the club and much needed income into the clubs coffers  :)

Seems the board do listen then :D

Yawn

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2019, 07:08:37 PM »

Credit where credit is due, very well organised by all accounts. Just hope the tab for GMP’s NYD overtime isn’t too big. Good article on OS explaining the planning that went into yesterday. Assume you could get in a pint in ok too? Those queues have been notorious at times this season.

On a side note, very odd this continual obsession certain posters on the Stockport forum have about the attendance breakdown yesterday. They’ve beaten us 4 times this season, I wouldn’t give a monkeys if I was them.

Yes, it is odd, and some of them - but only some, I should add - seem to think we were heavily outnumbered. Their attendances and loyal support have been one of their few sources of pride in recent years, although they do have a very good team this season.

Looking at it logically, the attendance was approximately 50-50, so, as they had around 1/3 of the ground, that section would be more crowded. With an average gate of 3400, they brought 1650, just below 50%, and we, with an average gate now of around 1300, took just short of 600, again just below 50%. Those averages include the two Christmas matches to be fair to both clubs, but the breakdown seems accurate and reasonable, or am I getting obsessed too?

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2019, 07:32:39 PM »

I think you'll find they are hoping their fanbase will return as their results and league position improves. They don't have any financial backer so the only way they are going to get a better team is by getting more fans to return.

Yes, I know they don't get any of our gate money but they are egging each other on to grow the fan base. Good luck to them.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2019, 10:05:17 PM »

Does anyone know when the largest home league crowd excluding away fans was not including Barnet or Guiseley ?Have we topped 3k home fans only in the last 40 or even 50 years for a league game ?Obviously some of the away fans present would be estimates in years gone by .

roytonmike

« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2019, 10:35:55 AM »

Does anyone know when the largest home league crowd excluding away fans was not including Barnet or Guiseley ?Have we topped 3k home fans only in the last 40 or even 50 years for a league game ?Obviously some of the away fans present would be estimates in years gone by .
Probably impossible to say as numbers entering by the Chequers (or Hale) End turnstiles have only been published since 2009, and even then not necessarily every season or every game within a season. It isn't possible to give a completely accurate figure for away support in any case as those who go in via the main stand turnstiles will not be separately counted.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 10:38:42 AM by roytonmike »
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Well done Alty today great organisation