PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Boston Match Thread
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Boston Match Thread  (Read 10827 times)

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Boston Match Thread
« on: January 03, 2019, 09:50:56 AM »

Harrop in Mantack is the only change I envisage. Be good have Poole back in squad.

Definitely need a winger in.

Boston 2-0 Alty
Full time and proud of it

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Boston Match Thread
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2019, 10:08:46 AM »

Need to get the points ticking over again, I would bring in Harrop if fit for Mantack. Personally would give Wynne a go.

Come on you Robins

andrewflynn

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2019, 10:40:29 AM »

The return of James Poole is most welcome. I'd also like to see Harrop come in on the left, otherwise unchanged for me.

roytonmike

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2019, 11:02:08 AM »

I would be surprised if Poole were in the squad on Saturday; as I understand what I read on the official website he is scheduled to return to training this evening (Thursday) following his latest injury. I should imagine he's some way short of even the subs' bench as yet. As regards the team for Saturday, if Harrop is fit I assume he will start the game. I am another of those who feels Wynne should be given a run in goal (and I don't mean just one game) but I don't expect that to happen. Otherwise there aren't really any other viable options - Richman provides more in midfield than Williams can offer in my view; the current back four is the best available, so Densmore & Harrison join the bench, and there is no real attacking alternative, so Sang or Mantack make up the subs along with (presumably) Wynne.
All the best to those travelling on Saturday - afraid it's just too far, too expensive & too time-consuming for me.   

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2019, 12:14:02 PM »

Wynne in for Thompson and Harrop in for Matack. Id also consider bringing back Ben Harrison. James Jones has been good this season, but the way Parky plays with so much emphasis on the centre backs starting the attacking moves, Id like to see Harrison back in. His distribution is much better than Jones and he is also more comfortable on the ball.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2019, 12:16:15 PM »

Ishmael Miller has left Oldham today. A big powerful striker/winger who would be a good addition but I doubt he'll be short of offers.

andrewflynn

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2019, 01:14:39 PM »

I'd keep Jones in myself. Got to give this back four time to get it right again. The combination of White, Hannigan, Jones and Hampson has been superb and a massive part of our unbeaten run. Swapping one out seems a bit knee-jerk to me.

Thompson

White        Hannigan         Jones          Hampson

Moult           Richman

Johnston         Hancock                Harrop

Hulme

Boston 1-1 Altrincham: Hulme 38'

Hopefully we aren't too leggy on Saturday. Lads like JJ and Hancock have played an awful lot recently and it may begin to take its toll, but they're irreplaceable at the moment. Full week of preparation before the Chorley game is most certainly a good thing. C'mon Alty.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2019, 01:36:03 PM »

Wynne and Harrop in 100%. Praying that the club are working to secure another winger.

Matt Taylor

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2019, 05:03:55 PM »

Boston have just 1 win in their previous 9 league games – and that was against a York City side not on the best of runs themselves.

So nothing to fear. What we do as a side works against the majority of other teams in this league, and Boston will be nowhere near the level of Stockport. I’d expect us to get back to winning ways on Saturday, and to look pretty good doing so.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2019, 11:17:53 PM »

Expecting Alty to get back to winning ways when they visit the Polish Capital on Saturday
 Boston 1-3 Alty
Jordon has his scoring boots back on this week.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2019, 04:58:57 PM »

Boston really did a job on us at Moss Lane, and I'm sure I'm not the only surprised that they aren't in a better position. I'm going (despite my dislike of their ground) and I'm hoping their confidence is low, and that we can do a job on THEM !

Boston 1 Alty 2 (Hulme, Harrop)

The town's entire English-speaking population turns up, ensuring the attendance creeps over the thousand mark.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2019, 06:53:19 PM »

For those interested in having a flutter. A well known twitter tipster has backed Boston tomorrow and on the back of that they’ve gone In this afternoon from 5/4 to 4/7 on. As a direct result Alty have gone out to 4/1, well worth a go.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2019, 09:10:52 PM »

For those interested in having a flutter. A well known twitter tipster has backed Boston tomorrow and on the back of that they’ve gone In this afternoon from 5/4 to 4/7 on. As a direct result Alty have gone out to 4/1, well worth a go.

That's probably because the satchel swingers have noted that Wynne has gone out on loan

NauticaPete

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2019, 09:16:48 PM »

Boston v Alty
It's leave versus remain

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2019, 02:36:37 PM »

Thompson

White        Hannigan         Jones          Hampson

Moult           Richman

Johnston         Hancock                Harrop

Hulme

That's the 11, no Sang or keeper on the bench. Assume Elliott if Ben from youth team
Full time and proud of it
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Boston Match Thread