PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Elliot Wynne
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Elliot Wynne  (Read 5329 times)

Matt Taylor

Re: Elliot Wynne
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2019, 11:16:12 AM »

Thompson had a good game today. He still needs a sequence of them though.

He was tidy enough between the sticks yesterday, despite some erratic kicking. But he’ll have busier afternoons. Boston looked a very poor side. Little wonder the locals are starting to get restless.

Jezza

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2019, 12:32:01 PM »

I honestly don't think there is much to choose between Elliot and TT
In the absence of a commanding top level keeper I'd stick with TT....I get sick of some of the comments he gets....he makes some really good saves and for every air kick he sets up numerous attacks with some excellent distribution....how many times does jake moult try to do a glenn hoddle 50 yard pass that gets intercepted on 20 yards or flys over JJs head into touch?
TT clearly loves Alty, is part of the team spirit and deserves a bit more respect for the part he played in our promotion.
The same people who slated the legend stuart Coburn for being past it (before stuart had an excellent indian summer of his career) are blaming TT for every goal....
Most goals we concede are down to poor defending at corners (especially corners we have in the opposition box!) not challenging runners with the ball or a bad pass from an outfield player....

What is strange and a bit dangerous is not having a keeper on the bench.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2019, 12:39:45 PM »

Wynne in goal yesterday for a 6-1 win
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2019, 02:05:56 PM »

I honestly don't think there is much to choose between Elliot and TT
In the absence of a commanding top level keeper I'd stick with TT....I get sick of some of the comments he gets....he makes some really good saves and for every air kick he sets up numerous attacks with some excellent distribution....how many times does jake moult try to do a glenn hoddle 50 yard pass that gets intercepted on 20 yards or flys over JJs head into touch?
TT clearly loves Alty, is part of the team spirit and deserves a bit more respect for the part he played in our promotion.
The same people who slated the legend stuart Coburn for being past it (before stuart had an excellent indian summer of his career) are blaming TT for every goal....
Most goals we concede are down to poor defending at corners (especially corners we have in the opposition box!) not challenging runners with the ball or a bad pass from an outfield player....

What is strange and a bit dangerous is not having a keeper on the bench.

Well said.

Post Coburn, pre Thompson we had some awful goalies. There's a big game coming up next week. We need a defence that knows each other. Swapping Thompson out would have been an extra complication. I'm happy that Wynne is getting the opportunity to stay sharp at Trafford rather than warming the bench. Presumably we could recall him if Thompson was to get injured

John Edwards

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2019, 05:37:57 PM »

Yes, as stated in the original story on the club's website, Elliot can be recalled at any time.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Elliot Wynne