Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 19, 2019, 12:21:01 AM
275149 Posts in 22552 Topics by 2237 Members
Latest Member: Daycaredan
www.altyfans.co.uk  |  General Category  |  Altrincham FC First Team  |  Player of the Half Season « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Player of the Half Season  (Read 1605 times)
distancetraveller
Regular First Team

Like this post? +364/-191

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2019, 10:02:09 AM »

Hampson
Moult
Hulme
Matt Taylor
Reserve Team

Like this post? +175/-48

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2019, 10:55:39 AM »

1.   Hannigan: For me, he stands head and shoulders above everyone else as our most naturally gifted footballer. Finally getting a chance to show what heís all about since we got a proper physio in. Which is clearly no coincidence.

2.   Daylight

3.   Moult: His re-emergence as a proper midfielder has been as spectacular, sudden and surprising as his decline was a couple of seasons ago. Letís just hope he never has to go back to Colchester.

With an honourable mention for Owen Dale who, in 3 months, turned us from midtable inconsistency to touching distance of top spot. There has been a noticeable turn in our fortunes since he returned to Crewe.

Birkonian
Youth \ Reserve Team

Like this post? +3/-2

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2019, 11:12:51 AM »

1.   Hannigan: For me, he stands head and shoulders above everyone else as our most naturally gifted footballer. Finally getting a chance to show what heís all about since we got a proper physio in. Which is clearly no coincidence.

2.   Daylight

3.   Moult: His re-emergence as a proper midfielder has been as spectacular, sudden and surprising as his decline was a couple of seasons ago. Letís just hope he never has to go back to Colchester.

With an honourable mention for Owen Dale who, in 3 months, turned us from midtable inconsistency to touching distance of top spot. There has been a noticeable turn in our fortunes since he returned to Crewe.

When Hannigan suffered his original injury the rehab he received was very poor. This was compounded by the various  management teams in 2016/17 persuading him to play when nowhere near fit,  no doubt desperate to save their jobs. It was no surprise that he broke down again and suffered other related injuries. It was only once Parkinson took over that he was sent for a scan which diagnosed muscle wastage around the knee but no long term problem. Now restored to full fitness after playing about 40 games since the business end of last season.

PukkaPieman
Regular First Team

Like this post? +106/-383

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2019, 03:03:10 PM »

The whole team for me,.. they all deserve credit for proving that they ARE good enough at this level,.. I suppose the question is are they good enough to get us promoted?
Andrew Flynn
Regular First Team

Like this post? +320/-320

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2019, 03:45:18 PM »

2.   Daylight

With an honourable mention for Owen Dale who, in 3 months, turned us from midtable inconsistency to touching distance of top spot. There has been a noticeable turn in our fortunes since he returned to Crewe

When Hannigan suffered his original injury the rehab he received was very poor. This was compounded by the various  management teams in 2016/17 persuading him to play when nowhere near fit,  no doubt desperate to save their jobs. It was no surprise that he broke down again and suffered other related injuries. It was only once Parkinson took over that he was sent for a scan which diagnosed muscle wastage around the knee but no long term problem. Now restored to full fitness after playing about 40 games since the business end of last season.

Doesn't surprise me, this. One of the biggest turnarounds at the football club over the past year and a half has been our approach to fitness. Tommy and Ryan deserve a lot of credit for the work they've done and continue to do.
robininstockport
Regular First Team

Like this post? +153/-173

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2019, 09:52:51 PM »

Hannigan was the only to suffer at the hands of our previous medical department, Densmore, Clee and Reeves are certainly on the list.

We're Alty FC, we're on our way back
HashtagAlty
Regular First Team

Like this post? +120/-112

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2019, 08:05:01 AM »

The whole team for me,.. they all deserve credit for proving that they ARE good enough at this level,.. I suppose the question is are they good enough to get us promoted?

A rare moment I agree with Pukka.

It's all my fault.
PukkaPieman
Regular First Team

Like this post? +106/-383

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2019, 02:19:44 PM »

It's a start Jack Grin
One Foot in the Grave
Regular First Team

Like this post? +79/-227

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2019, 05:16:10 PM »

It's a start Jack Grin

Slow down you two - Valentine's Day is still 5 weeks away 😂
Pages: 1 [2]
« previous next »
    Jump to: