PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Player of the Half Season
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Player of the Half Season  (Read 5626 times)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Player of the Half Season
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2019, 10:02:09 AM »

Hampson
Moult
Hulme

Matt Taylor

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2019, 10:55:39 AM »

1.   Hannigan: For me, he stands head and shoulders above everyone else as our most naturally gifted footballer. Finally getting a chance to show what he’s all about since we got a proper physio in. Which is clearly no coincidence.

2.   Daylight

3.   Moult: His re-emergence as a proper midfielder has been as spectacular, sudden and surprising as his decline was a couple of seasons ago. Let’s just hope he never has to go back to Colchester.

With an honourable mention for Owen Dale who, in 3 months, turned us from midtable inconsistency to touching distance of top spot. There has been a noticeable turn in our fortunes since he returned to Crewe.

Birkonian

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2019, 11:12:51 AM »

1.   Hannigan: For me, he stands head and shoulders above everyone else as our most naturally gifted footballer. Finally getting a chance to show what he’s all about since we got a proper physio in. Which is clearly no coincidence.

2.   Daylight

3.   Moult: His re-emergence as a proper midfielder has been as spectacular, sudden and surprising as his decline was a couple of seasons ago. Let’s just hope he never has to go back to Colchester.

With an honourable mention for Owen Dale who, in 3 months, turned us from midtable inconsistency to touching distance of top spot. There has been a noticeable turn in our fortunes since he returned to Crewe.

When Hannigan suffered his original injury the rehab he received was very poor. This was compounded by the various  management teams in 2016/17 persuading him to play when nowhere near fit,  no doubt desperate to save their jobs. It was no surprise that he broke down again and suffered other related injuries. It was only once Parkinson took over that he was sent for a scan which diagnosed muscle wastage around the knee but no long term problem. Now restored to full fitness after playing about 40 games since the business end of last season.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2019, 03:03:10 PM »

The whole team for me,.. they all deserve credit for proving that they ARE good enough at this level,.. I suppose the question is are they good enough to get us promoted?

andrewflynn

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2019, 03:45:18 PM »

2.   Daylight

With an honourable mention for Owen Dale who, in 3 months, turned us from midtable inconsistency to touching distance of top spot. There has been a noticeable turn in our fortunes since he returned to Crewe

When Hannigan suffered his original injury the rehab he received was very poor. This was compounded by the various  management teams in 2016/17 persuading him to play when nowhere near fit,  no doubt desperate to save their jobs. It was no surprise that he broke down again and suffered other related injuries. It was only once Parkinson took over that he was sent for a scan which diagnosed muscle wastage around the knee but no long term problem. Now restored to full fitness after playing about 40 games since the business end of last season.

Doesn't surprise me, this. One of the biggest turnarounds at the football club over the past year and a half has been our approach to fitness. Tommy and Ryan deserve a lot of credit for the work they've done and continue to do.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2019, 09:52:51 PM »

Hannigan was the only to suffer at the hands of our previous medical department, Densmore, Clee and Reeves are certainly on the list.
Full time and proud of it

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2019, 08:05:01 AM »

The whole team for me,.. they all deserve credit for proving that they ARE good enough at this level,.. I suppose the question is are they good enough to get us promoted?

A rare moment I agree with Pukka.
It's all my fault.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2019, 02:19:44 PM »

It's a start Jack ;D

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2019, 05:16:10 PM »

It's a start Jack ;D

Slow down you two - Valentine's Day is still 5 weeks away 😂
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Player of the Half Season