PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Need a keeper asap
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Need a keeper asap  (Read 9975 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Need a keeper asap
« on: January 12, 2019, 05:09:47 PM »

Thompson is costing us points. He makes 2 or 3 mistakes every single game. My mate hasn't watched Alty for 3 years and thought he was terrible.

Their first goal seemed to go under him far too easily.

Second goal was him giving back the possession. I appreciate  it was in play for 2 or 3 mins after him kicking against their player but it should have been down their end.

Put Hampson under pressure with passes when he had players close to him.

How many chances???? It is becoming a joke. He is and has been awful Parkinson so I expect you to at least to recall Wynne.

White was terrible today. Gave his man 10 yards all the time. All over the park we need to get tighter, they did it second half and battered us.

We were hammering them down the right first half with JJ, then decided to go down the left all second half and subsititued JJ. JJ had one decent pass second and skinned his man, should have cut back in and shot.

Need to get more players in the box.

As I said before the game we need the right players on the bench.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Need a keeper asap
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2019, 06:12:16 PM »

Judging by the commentary PP had to sub JJ as he was risking a 2nd yellow.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2019, 06:33:33 PM »

When we are chasing a game our main outlet should not have been subbed. Respect our management but some decisons are being wrongly made. I know I keep repeating it and it won't do TT confidence any good but he needs dropping.
You can hear gasps of breath from fans when the ball is played back to him.
I have never seen a player make so many mistakes week in and week out and keep his place.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 06:41:44 PM by oneedham »

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2019, 06:35:14 PM »

To add this decision to play him could quite easily be the difference in making the playoffs.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2019, 07:04:22 PM »

I did speak with Stuart Coburn on the terraces prior to kick-off, however I failed to tempt him to come out of retirement.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2019, 07:05:53 PM »

I did speak with Stuart Coburn on the terraces prior to kick-off, however I failed to tempt him to come out of retirement.

Best non league keeper. We were so lucky to have him. He gained us points.

Shearer

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2019, 07:36:43 PM »

I am usually a spectator to the forum but I have to say to single out TT today is incredibly harsh. He made a fantastic save to keep us in the game. Chorley were simply clinical in second half today and at any level that’s got to be the difference between a good and a top side. We did it last year.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2019, 07:45:53 PM »

Enough is enough. He was crap last season and is still crap.
I blame PP more than Thompson but this needs addressing.
It's not the position of full back or the wing,it is goalkeeper.
Far too many mistakes, his kicking alone is sh*t every week.
Can't be arsed repeating myself about his decision making. Came off his line for a cross in the first half, luckily decided against it, that he wouldn't have got anywhere close to.
He is awful and has no potential to change this.
It is very harsh but it is becoming every week and I care for our promotion opportunity more than I do being nicey nice and giving him chance after chance.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 07:47:54 PM by oneedham »

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2019, 07:56:38 PM »

I have watched nearly all home games and a few away in the last two seasons and only one game I saw a keeper in Thompson and that was Chester away.
In keepers you normally remember the bad games but Chester was the only game in a season and half where his cross collection, decision making, distribution etc were spot on.
One game.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 08:02:27 PM by oneedham »

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2019, 08:14:03 PM »

I have watched nearly all home games and a few away in the last two seasons and only one game I saw a keeper in Thompson and that was Chester away.
In keepers you normally remember the bad games but Chester was the only game in a season and half where his cross collection, decision making, distribution etc were spot on.
One game.
He did nothing wrong at Boston last week. That's small comfort though.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2019, 08:17:09 PM »

One game.
He did nothing wrong at Boston last week. That's small comfort though.

I didn't go but read he did some 'erratic ' kicking and from listening he was a bystander first half. If we keep making excuses then he will continue to lose us points.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2019, 08:30:16 PM »

With Wynne out on loan I would have thought TT would be more relaxed and confident as his selection is a given.
Obviously not the case

Arguably the most important position to build team confidence.
Im afraid we need another keeper.

EX GK

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2019, 08:44:55 PM »

Tony has all the tools to be an excellent non league Gk, watched today’s game and wouldn’t be laying the blame at his door. “Teams” score and “teams” concede, if chances had been taken in first half, who knows how things would have turned out. We were indeed lucky to have Stuey for all those years, but he would admit to having ups and downs during his career. Now’s a time to support the lads, not slaughter them. Remember Tony’s record clean sheet tally last season, the tide will change I’m sure.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2019, 08:51:00 PM »

Tony has all the tools to be an excellent non league Gk, watched today’s game and wouldn’t be laying the blame at his door. “Teams” score and “teams” concede, if chances had been taken in first half, who knows how things would have turned out. We were indeed lucky to have Stuey for all those years, but he would admit to having ups and downs during his career. Now’s a time to support the lads, not slaughter them. Remember Tony’s record clean sheet tally last season, the tide will change I’m sure.

Totally agree with supporting the lads and I do. I sound harsh but he has NOT progressed from an average keeper last season.
Those clean sheets in a tin pot league were mainly down to a good defence. I expected clean sheets last season, being at our lowest ever standard. We simply need a keeper.
I ain't making it up when you hear people gasp when it goes back to him.
Hasn't improved and needs replacing.

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2019, 09:17:26 PM »

Tony Thompson isn’t good enough, never has been and never will be in my opinion, though I don’t expect any change in keeper until next season at the very earliest.
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Need a keeper asap