PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Need a keeper asap
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Need a keeper asap  (Read 9980 times)

Matt Taylor

Re: Need a keeper asap
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2019, 09:23:31 PM »

I must admit I didn’t think TT had one of his worse games today, aside from a spell when his kicked deserted him again during the 2nd half. I also think it’s slightly unfair to single out their first goal, which was a wonderful move. (I did miss the 3rd due to a child needing the loo, and we’d gone by the 4th, so I didn’t get to see all the goals we let in)

However, long before that, the Chorley fans around us in the main stand were already laughing at how poor they thought he was, and were telling me we needed a new keeper, so maybe I’ve become slightly immune to it.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2019, 09:26:00 PM »

Of Parky’s many qualities as a manager, I also get the impression he can be a stubborn bugger at times. I suspect threads like this will make him even more behind TT. I for one do not think Wynne has had a fair crack of the whip this season and would like to get the chance to see him in action more before the season out. I still think Wynne could be a long term GK solution.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2019, 09:35:02 PM »

My mate who is a Macc fan watched us once last season and saw the result today and asked if we still had that rubbish keeper. My answer was "yes". As mentioned above another friend came today and also thought he was terrible.
That's just two friends and two games.
Other teams know he is a weakness, they will be told to put those crosses in. Teams will press us higher to make us pass back to him as even when we are losing we still play it across the back line.
Football is harsh at times and he isn't and won't ever be good enough. I didn't think he was good enough for the league below.
I really want us to make the playoffs and I think we will but we need a commanding and confident keeper.
I am blaming PP for selecting him, he has become stubborn with the selection. PP has always said if players aren't performing then others will come in. Most important position and he is not sticking to his word, far from it.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2019, 09:36:03 PM »

I must admit I didn’t think TT had one of his worse games today, aside from a spell when his kicked deserted him again during the 2nd half. I also think it’s slightly unfair to single out their first goal, which was a wonderful move. (I did miss the 3rd due to a child needing the loo, and we’d gone by the 4th, so I didn’t get to see all the goals we let in)

However, long before that, the Chorley fans around us in the main stand were already laughing at how poor they thought he was, and were telling me we needed a new keeper, so maybe I’ve become slightly immune to it.

Did you see Jones, Hannigan and Hampson at the loo? Because theycause they may as well have been.
Full time and proud of it

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2019, 09:37:54 PM »

Did you see Jones, Hannigan and Hampson at the loo? Because theycause they may as well have been.

And White, he was shocking today.

White is good going forward and I have been impressed this season but running backwards he stands too far off.  Doesn't cut out enough crosses.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2019, 09:46:04 PM »

I agree White was poor today, but he wasn't one of the three Stooges who let the ball bounce in box for their third.
Full time and proud of it

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2019, 10:00:25 PM »

I agree White was poor today, but he wasn't one of the three Stooges who let the ball bounce in box for their third.

True.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2019, 11:15:10 PM »

I wasn’t there today but have seen enough of Tony Thompson to know he’s not good enough to be a National League North goalkeeper.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2019, 12:16:19 AM »

I wasn’t there today but have seen enough of Tony Thompson to know he’s not good enough to be a National League North goalkeeper.

Someone on the Chorley forum sstated he is the worst keeper in the league , maybe harshly

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2019, 08:10:02 AM »

Good interview by PP but again mentioned if certain players don't start performing then he will look at others.
This is where I feel angry because Wynne should have been playing weeks ago if we go off performances.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2019, 08:57:57 AM »

Agree good interview. I still believe we screwed ours selves over by playing a weakened team in the trophy. We lost momentum from this unlike Stockport whom have gone from strength to strength.

I like TT but I do feel he is highly inconsistent and I would give Wynne a go for sure

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2019, 10:07:58 AM »

Someone on the Chorley forum sstated he is the worst keeper in the league , maybe harshly

Maybe not !

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2019, 10:25:51 AM »

Maybe not !

The Chorley keeper was far from brilliant

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2019, 10:38:15 AM »

The Chorley forum has got some very accurate accounts of yesterdays game.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2019, 10:50:54 AM »

A Chorley supporter left the ground with me shaking his head. He was wondering what odds he could have got on 4 - 1 at halftime after the first half display.

Things started to look dodgy towards the end of the first half if we're honest We started the second half badly and just put ourselves under too much pressure. We were giving them too much space.

Regarding the squad we're back in Lee Sinnott territory in terms of a threadbare bench. I just hope we don't pick up too many injuries.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Need a keeper asap