News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Favourable fixtures?

Author Topic: Favourable fixtures?  (Read 1977 times)

andrewflynn

Favourable fixtures?
« on: January 25, 2019, 10:37:28 AM »

Just looking at the games we have left and where these teams are in the league at the moment.

One thing that is very apparent is we've now played the vast majority of the top half teams away (and done pretty well on the whole, I think.) In terms of where we are yet to go to, our remaining away games are very much skewed towards the bottom half:

So, as you would expect, we have "home advantage" against the teams around us up at our end of the table. Remaining home games:

You'd certainly want it this way around rather than the other. No game is easy but those away games certainly offer us a chance to pick up points where others may not and hopefully it's a good omen for cementing ourselves in a strong play-off position come the end of the season. Those home fixtures against the sides around us are HUGE.

I'm going to beat a dead horse here and I'm almost sick of saying it at this point, but can we please review our stance on segregation for some of these home games. I don't care if the likes of Spennymoor and BPA bring a core 100 or so (not knocking that in the slightest), this is the business end of the season and should be treated as such. Let's not surrender part of the advantage by being overly courteous. Reason I mention this is in response to the Southport game, gifting away fans that cover completely hinders the home fans' ability to generate vocal support when we attack in that direction. Entirely avoidable. Get it right, please - it wasn't even raining and they all duly moved onto the open terrace in the second half.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Favourable fixtures?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2019, 11:23:46 AM »

In addition to Andrews Point if we want to offer them a pre match drink give them half the bar. With a segregation wall.
It's all my fault.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2019, 12:07:47 PM »

Very good post, the whole thing about giving away fans that corner of the popular side has been going on for a long time and yet things seldom change.  I can thoroughly understand it in a Stockport situation, but all those Southport fans could have fitted on the chequers end with ease (and away fans at Southport have had no covered terracing for pretty much 25 years). 

Its nice to be hospitable to visitors but if we are damaging the atmosphere and alienating some of our own fans in the process then we need to change our priorities and put number one first.

As for the fixtures, a lot to play for and it does indeed work to our favour.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2019, 12:29:26 PM »

Did we not run a bottle bar in the away end for county?

Full time and proud of it

andrewflynn

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2019, 12:30:06 PM »

Did we not run a bottle bar in the away end for county?

We did. That's more than enough.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Favourable fixtures?