News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Leamington Match highlights

Author Topic: Leamington Match highlights  (Read 3006 times)

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: January 28, 2019, 08:49:33 AM »

Here are match highlights if can bare to watch them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCxh8GusnW8

I thought the challenge on JJ was cynical at the beginning, definitely a yellow if not a red. Could and should have had a penalty. Hulme incident not shown.

Overall when we had chances, the ball bobbled but we need to be clinical in those situations.

Was it a pen by Hannigan, he barely touched the lad, so soft.

What was Jones doing for the third, overall defending and pressing of the ball was shocking.

PaulClementsLaments

• Regular First Team
  • I wish I was a spaceman...
    • View Profile
Re: Leamington Match highlights
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2019, 11:36:28 AM »

Good highlights. Amongst all the obvious negative stuff pleased to see Ben Harrison back, I think he'll get the defence more organised. Not sure Thompson could be faulted for any of the goals but I wasn't there to see the rest of his performance. Didn't like Waterston going down so easily, not sure there was much contact. Probably would have been a different game if we'd scored first. Onwards and upwards.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2019, 12:35:53 PM »

That 3rd goal should not have stood it was a foul on the defender.
Yet again another poor official. Where do they get these fkn clowns from.

Jezza

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2019, 02:21:06 PM »

I didn't go but I think everyone has been very harsh on the team including PP.

Take away the awful decisions by the ref and it's pretty even.

Thommo's punch for the first goal was very poor but no worse than a few of the very very poor efforts at shots which were executed like back passes.....

What can we do about these refs?....I know shooting them is out of the question.....isn't it????

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2019, 03:03:36 PM »

Only could watch up until their third.

Thompson has no authority at all in that box. I will say it again, he could be the difference in us getting into the playoffs.

We can't defend high balls but some of that will be the lack of confidence we have in our keeper. We NEED a decent keeper.
That punch was awful. His positioning on crosses is shocking. Seen much better at Sunday league level. Often nowhere near it, he is dreadful in 90% of games. Clueless . Get Wynne back until we find a keeper FFS.

Jones has been in poor form. I would give Harrison a game. I would also put Dens back in, so that he can talk to the defence because they have been all over the shop in recent games.

We need some training on JJ's final ball /shooting. He needs to relax and take his time more.

Those highlights are so clear. Impressive.

Just finished watching the second half and again Thompson misses a punch. You just have to have that something a bit extra in judging crosses, coming off your line, distribution, confidence etc to be a keeper. He hasn't got it and if the management team think he has then the keeper coach needs sacking.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 03:17:48 PM by oneedham »

andrewflynn

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2019, 03:51:43 PM »

Dare I say those highlights rival Alty TV. Very well put together.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2019, 04:59:46 PM »

Only after forcing myself to watch these highlights (great quality, shame about the team in purple) do I fully appreciate the horrors of that performance. The first goal was definitely down to Thompson. We can't blame him for the other two, but he was lucky that White cleared up behind him between the first two goals, and Hampson bailed him out when he went walkabout early in the second half.

We need to spend a large proportion of the next fortnight working on whacking crosses into the box and identifying the reason for every one that ends up in the net.

To have all eleven players back for the corner that led to the first goal, and be still unable to get it away, just shows the futility of packing our box like that.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2019, 09:00:10 PM »

Excellent highlights. The first goal whilst not great defending does have a great deal of good fortune. The second is never a penalty, the third is shocking from Jones.

I've not been Thompsons biggest critic he looked like a fish out of water coming off his line to claim crosses.

Glad we a free weekend
Full time and proud of it

Bath Alty

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2019, 10:37:49 PM »

I know we weren't great but that ref was worse than it appears on the highlights.

2mins clear yellow for foul on JJ their commentator called it late and from behind - no card and the start of utterly inconsistent approach to cards - little tug back in the centre circle is booking for us, chase 30 yards back by their guy to clatter Hampson was no card
penalty was a disgrace
third looked worse live and jones' complete lack of reaction suggests maybe he was just being sh*t rather than fouled
12 mins clear pen, I know he was close to the shot but English had been blocking stuff like that all afternoon and had already had 2 or 3 free kicks given against him outside the box for the same thing and a couple more that should have been given, waving his arms out was a deliberate tactic.  Definitely deliberate handball = pen
Waterston did go down too easy but what isn't shown is how English led with his elbow into every challenge and so unusually I don't blame him for highlighting the issue when there was contact in the box - no more or less a pen than theirs was.

Still fuming and unable to decide who had a worse day - ref or TT

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2019, 09:58:43 AM »

We need to spend a large proportion of the next fortnight working on whacking crosses into the box and identifying the reason for every one that ends up in the net.

To have all eleven players back for the corner that led to the first goal, and be still unable to get it away, just shows the futility of packing our box like that.

This is more important than ever now - our defence will need to work with Steve Drench, and change a few things tactically to suit his more positive style of goalkeeping.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team