PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Latest replica shirt option
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Latest replica shirt option  (Read 15297 times)

EX GK

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: January 31, 2019, 02:11:58 PM »

See main site for details

andrewflynn

Re: Latest replica shirt option
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2019, 02:36:34 PM »

I thought I'd progressed us on from the days of blurry photos of crumpled shirts on mannequins, but I guess I was wrong. What a shame.

Long distance away from the original proposed idea(s) but I won't let it spoil a great sentiment.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 02:45:35 PM by Andrew Flynn »

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2019, 03:38:13 PM »

Also prominent on the BBC website

Jezza

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2019, 05:51:12 PM »

the world has gone mad.

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2019, 07:07:31 PM »

the world has gone mad.

Why do you say that?
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

Jenga

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2019, 07:30:50 PM »

Unbelievable.

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2019, 07:39:09 PM »

It has certainly got a lot of good publicity for the club, with the large majority of reaction (but inevitably and unfortunately, not all) being very postive.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2019, 07:39:39 PM »

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2019, 08:27:26 PM »

It has certainly got a lot of good publicity for the club, with the large majority of reaction (but inevitably and unfortunately, not all) being very postive.

The publicity on BBC North West Tonight would have been more worthwhile if the club badge hadn't been nudged out of shot.

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2019, 09:00:01 PM »

The publicity on BBC North West Tonight would have been more worthwhile if the club badge hadn't been nudged out of shot.

Not that I saw the programme, but we would not have been on it at all without this initiative. I wonder if it will bring in any new spectators.

andrewflynn

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2019, 09:37:28 PM »

For the record, the original concept was tabled by me and HashtagAlty - Idea was to incorporate the LGBT colours into our own stripes subtly as to not wave what we are doing in the face of the public. Think the current home shirt but small pin stripes of colour in between the red and white.

This is what we’ve ended up with. I love the coverage and knew it would be polarising but I’m so disappointed in the product we’ve ended up with. If you’re going to be the first to do something, smash it out the park. It makes us look amateurish. Just like the half and half shirts did. Just like the remembrance poppy shirts did.

EX GK

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2019, 10:11:40 PM »

Just like the half and half shirts did. Just like the remembrance poppy shirts did.
[/quote]

Take this statement somewhat critical having generated both Andy. Half/half shirts have been quite popular in the club shop and the poppy shirt generated quite a substantial figure that was donated to the Royal British Legion.

andrewflynn

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2019, 10:39:25 PM »

For the record, the original concept was tabled by me and HashtagAlty - Idea was to incorporate the LGBT colours into our own stripes subtly as to not wave what we are doing in the face of the public. Think the current home shirt but small pin stripes of colour in between the red and white.

This is what we’ve ended up with. I love the coverage and knew it would be polarising but I’m so disappointed in the product we’ve ended up with. If you’re going to be the first to do something, smash it out the park. It makes us look amateurish. Just like the half and half shirts did. Just like the remembrance poppy shirts did.

Disappointing that you're trying to score points on this. The shirt idea was discussed following FvH last February.and the design of the shirt is deliberate in that it is in your face. I'm struggling to think of any other occasion where the club has received so much publicity and so far reaching.

Glad you’ve had a good run off our idea.

andrewflynn

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2019, 10:59:18 PM »

Just like the half and half shirts did. Just like the remembrance poppy shirts did.
Take this statement somewhat critical having generated both Andy. Half/half shirts have been quite popular in the club shop and the poppy shirt generated quite a substantial figure that was donated to the Royal British Legion.

Ian, you do a stellar job providing shirts on demand for our wealth of sides and I’ve not got a bad word to say about your service as far as that goes.

That being said, the 1/2 1/2 shirts and poppy shirts were deemed atrocious by many people. I’m literally appointed by the club to gauge reaction and opinion to what we do. Let’s have it right, they weren’t great and neither is this LGBT shirt. I’m annoyed here because I provided the club with mockups based on market research from Manchester Pride employees. It’s far too garish. They wanted a subtle nod to their colours.

I’m not really arsed if I’m burning bridges at this point to be honest. It really is about time the club were given honest feedback. I find the shirt embarrassing but the sentiment, again, is fantastic and the reach has been phenomenal. Just a shame we are being covered with a blurry iPhone photo as opposed to the professional content I am supposed to be providing the club.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 11:39:55 PM by Andrew Flynn »

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2019, 11:19:32 PM »

OR...we could just celebrate the idea that club - whoever came up with the idea and design - has done something inventive, imaginative, innovative and has given the club some excellent publicity.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team