PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Latest replica shirt option
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Latest replica shirt option  (Read 15218 times)

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Latest replica shirt option
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2019, 11:50:16 PM »

Amazing response from all over, had orders from USA, HONG KONG, AUSTRALIA and SWEDEN, Alty going international.

Fantastic - and even Scotland soon!

Well done to all involved #pride

Graham Bennetts Perm

« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2019, 07:03:51 AM »

Surely, if the Club is to campaign effectively on this issue, then in addition to the occasional attention grabbing event, it should incorporate the rainbow colours permanently into the Club kit. For example, in a diagonal rainbow flash on a bottom segment of the shirt, front to back. Then it would be more than a short lived media hit, but would have a really permanent wide reaching impact. Revolutionary, yes, but are there any rules to stop it?
And, as an added benefit, guess who the BBC would pick for a live FA Cup match: if we ever get that far again, that is.....

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2019, 02:31:31 PM »

Surely, if the Club is to campaign effectively on this issue, then in addition to the occasional attention grabbing event, it should incorporate the rainbow colours permanently into the Club kit. For example, in a diagonal rainbow flash on a bottom segment of the shirt, front to back. Then it would be more than a short lived media hit, but would have a really permanent wide reaching impact. Revolutionary, yes, but are there any rules to stop it?
And, as an added benefit, guess who the BBC would pick for a live FA Cup match: if we ever get that far again, that is.....

The most obvious thing to do would be to have a semi-permanent sleeve patch - although I'm guessing that's where there's rules over what you can and can't have.

We've already got Mornflake across the back, so I suppose you run the risk of the shirt becoming too busy (great cause though it is).

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2019, 05:12:45 PM »

Just a thought,why are we doing it.Our colours are red and white with a bit of black are they not?
Harold

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2019, 05:38:21 PM »

Just a thought,why are we doing it.Our colours are red and white with a bit of black are they not?

Hi H, apart from extending our reputation as an inclusive club - carrying on the work of the much missed Jacqui Forster and her team - and supporting the extinction of prejudice in football, it is magnificent publicity for the club.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2019, 06:20:33 PM »

The original concept was based around giving up our stripes in solidarity with the LGBT community for Manchester Pride weekend.

The stripes would start red as our normal kit does before mirroring the rsst of the rainbow.

On a separate note, can't order online. Ian, can you please PM me on FB or can I please order a Medium please. Also Ian the photo you posted alongside the blue keepers kit looks much better.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 06:28:57 PM by HashtagAlty »
It's all my fault.

EX GK

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2019, 06:50:42 PM »

Ring club during office hours, staff taking orders

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2019, 07:05:44 PM »

Ring club during office hours, staff taking orders

Cheers Ian
It's all my fault.

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2019, 12:22:17 AM »

Brilliant Alty, well done to all concerned . I've  ordered a shirt.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2019, 06:48:49 AM »

cheers JD and hashtag
Harold

Matt Taylor

« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2019, 09:29:03 PM »

Great initiative, in spite of the state of the shirt. And the widespread interest generated by the D&I and media teams is highly commendable (although a week later I’m still struggling to comprehend that anyone thought an iPhone photo of AJ wearing a shirt stood in the club office was appropriate for sending out to the national media - despite us having more photographers around the club than ball boys...).

Hopefully the considerable media interest over the next week or so in the run up to the game can be used for the benefit of the club, as well as the fantastic cause it represents, to highlight the shares available for outside investment to come in and take the football club forward. It would be a massive shame if we allowed the spotlight to pass without anyone highlighting the controlling share of the club that is supposedly still for sale, while so many people are listening.

andrewflynn

« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2019, 09:23:32 AM »

Great initiative, in spite of the state of the shirt. And the widespread interest generated by the D&I and media teams is highly commendable (although a week later I’m still struggling to comprehend that anyone thought an iPhone photo of AJ wearing a shirt stood in the club office was appropriate for sending out to the national media - despite us having more photographers around the club than ball boys...).

Hopefully the considerable media interest over the next week or so in the run up to the game can be used for the benefit of the club, as well as the fantastic cause it represents, to highlight the shares available for outside investment to come in and take the football club forward. It would be a massive shame if we allowed the spotlight to pass without anyone highlighting the controlling share of the club that is supposedly still for sale, while so many people are listening.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Jenga

« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2019, 07:10:03 PM »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2019, 09:25:13 AM »

...can we now agree that 'going big' on the shirt was, in fact, the right idea?

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2019, 09:38:47 AM »

...can we now agree that 'going big' on the shirt was, in fact, the right idea?

I maintain it would have still had the same coverage had the shirt been slightly tweaked. But my biggest gripe will always be the launch.

We were classified as Viral due to providing decent content by the press association
It's all my fault.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Latest replica shirt option