PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Latest replica shirt option
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Latest replica shirt option  (Read 15221 times)

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Latest replica shirt option
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2019, 07:48:44 AM »

OR...we could just celebrate the idea that club - whoever came up with the idea and design - has done something inventive, imaginative, innovative and has given the club some excellent publicity.
Yep
Bernard Taylors barmy army

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2019, 07:51:19 AM »

I've been knocking this idea round since 2016 with Andrew and I'm greatful for Jordans work with the club finally allowing us a justification to do it other than a PR Angle of good shirt. Without his and Jacquis work alongside the ladies team and other volunteers we wouldn't be making the relevant inroads to even contemplate this kit.

I mention the date because this idea I've wanted to see make the light of day for so long. As someone whose friends have experienced huge homophobia growing up I wanted the club I support to lead the engagement on this topic. It's just fell short of the vision in my head, that's all.

In PR being first matters but only when the execution is right. The shirt design and the images taken could have been stronger. The distribution of the media could have been stronger. Unlike the past this isn't a hindsight thing as I made the point via Andrew (due to no longer being involved with the club) on the best route to market.

Ian I'm sorry to say the shirt falls short of our original design idea which was a more simplified kit however I'm. Not sure if you were ever sent them. If not you've probably just been asked to provide a rainbow shirt.

Photography wise Journalists are far too lazy to source their own content so any content sent in should be provided including content from Jordans work with FvH in the past and general club photography. This would have been converted into video content by major social and media websites.

It's the equiviliant of a third round tie again Charlton. I'm not knocking it but I'd rather be going to Annfield.

Finally I take offence at Jordans comment of this being the most publicity we've got through a campaign. This is simply not true.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 07:55:18 AM by HashtagAlty »
It's all my fault.

EX GK

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2019, 07:54:22 AM »

The 1/2-1/2 shirt was just a novelty idea for Christmas and the “poppy shirt” was that unpopular that it generated in excess of £2000 for The British Legion when auctioning the team shirts. Regarding this shirt, initial response and on going publicity both for the club and charity has been pretty positive. Perhaps the photo could have been better perhaps, sorry it hasn’t  met your expectations.

John Edwards

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2019, 05:20:27 PM »

Ian, I've just taken a call from Football Focus, expressing their admiration for what we're doing and wanting to discuss how they might cover it, so the press release seems to have generated a bit of interest. I've also had several emails from supporters asking how much the replica shirts will cost to buy and will all sizes, including XL, cost the same. Have you got details I can pass on to them. I've also had, would you believe, two emails from people in the United States, saying they want to buy shirts! Would it be possible to ship them over to the States, do you think, and do you know what the cost would be, roughly?

EX GK

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2019, 05:49:20 PM »

Hi John, shirt now available on website club shop

decman7

« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2019, 06:28:12 PM »

Great cause, poor kit.

Hope were not selling them for profit.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2019, 06:45:40 PM »

The official press release states that:

‘The shirts worn by our players during the game will be sold by auction after the match, and replica kits will be available for sale at the game and via our website, www.altrinchamfc.com.’

Profits from the auction will go to Pride Trust, a LGBT+ youth charity who are rebuilding the LGBT centre in Manchester."

All good stuff.

However, there is no information provided as to where any profits accumulated from the sale of replica shirts will be going.

Any clarification from the club on this issue?

« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 07:18:24 PM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2019, 07:52:28 PM »

However, there is no information provided as to where any profits accumulated from the sale of replica shirts will be going.

Club shop states “Proceeds raised from the sale of these shirts will help to fund future Altrincham FC Inclusion and Diversity initiatives.”

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2019, 08:08:25 PM »

Club shop states “Proceeds raised from the sale of these shirts will help to fund future Altrincham FC Inclusion and Diversity initiatives.”

Thanks for that, Ray.

I think that the club would have been better off adopting a consistent tone and donating all proceeds to that LGBT charity though.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2019, 08:25:32 PM »

Hi John, shirt now available on website club shop

Ian, I don't know if this is your area, but - re the club shop - there is still a lack of non clothes products on the online shop (the scarves, hats, wallet, stationery etc) that makes it more difficult for us exiles to acquire these things.
I mentioned this at the shop when I came to a game in August with my daughter Jennifer, when we each got one of the lined, woolly bobble hats, which are excellent.
I think this reduces the sales especially at Christmas and for birthdays etc

If this is not your area, could you please mention it to someone!
Thanks, Nick

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2019, 08:29:26 PM »

Ian, I've just taken a call from Football Focus, expressing their admiration for what we're doing and wanting to discuss how they might cover it, so the press release seems to have generated a bit of interest. I've also had several emails from supporters asking how much the replica shirts will cost to buy and will all sizes, including XL, cost the same. Have you got details I can pass on to them. I've also had, would you believe, two emails from people in the United States, saying they want to buy shirts! Would it be possible to ship them over to the States, do you think, and do you know what the cost would be, roughly?

It would be great if we could get this on Sky Sports News and/or (especially) Soccer Saturday as well as I suspect they have a bigger viewership.

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2019, 10:31:13 PM »

JD / Nick - thanks for pointing that out. We are doing some work to improve the ranging.  This will go a long way to rectifying the omission, 

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2019, 10:38:51 PM »

JD / Nick - thanks for pointing that out. We are doing some work to improve the ranging.  This will go a long way to rectifying the omission, 

Thanks

Iateallthepies

« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2019, 10:41:47 AM »

Looks like nyan cat designed it.

EX GK

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2019, 12:19:50 PM »

Amazing response from all over, had orders from USA, HONG KONG, AUSTRALIA and SWEDEN, Alty going international.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Latest replica shirt option