PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Latest replica shirt option
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Latest replica shirt option  (Read 15209 times)

John Edwards

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Latest replica shirt option
« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2019, 11:18:07 AM »

It does get slightly irritating when people make these statements without knowing the facts. The facts are that the initial press release, which was carefully put together and deliberately had the hook of stating that Altrincham were trailblazers as the first club in the world to do this, was sent to all the major media outlets - newspapers, TV, radio, websites, you name it. That hook did the trick. It provoked more comment from media outlets who contacted us than anything else. As for the suggestion that the press association somehow miraculously sparked the media stampede towards The J.Davidson Stadium, let's put that one right. Within hours of the press release being circulated, I'd received two emails from the United States, one saying we had put American sport to shame and another saying they had read about our initiative on a Brazilian website. It was a good two or three days later that a press association reporter contacted me, saying he wanted to do a story on it and could he speak to Bill Waterson. Admittedly, the picture that accompanied the press release could have been better, but we quickly put that right, and there was clearly no detrimental effect whatsoever on the level of interest. We were inundated with requests to film at the ground and conduct interviews throughout the build-up to the game, and the media presence on the day itself was probably unprecedented. I would suggest, therefore, that the launch can't have been too bad.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2019, 12:20:29 PM »

Sorry can I also say how bloody proud of my club I am?

To everyone involved, thank you - an important message and clearly demonstrates the club has come on leaps and bounds this last couple of years.

For me, the fact people still think we could do even better in certain aspects (not just what happened this weekend) can only be a brilliant thing.

Up the Robins.

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 18, 2019, 01:03:20 PM »

What a wonderful achievement for the club . World wide coverage and the first to ever do it
 Be proud
Come on you red and white........

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2019, 08:11:34 PM »

Sorry can I also say how bloody proud of my club I am?

To everyone involved, thank you - an important message and clearly demonstrates the club has come on leaps and bounds this last couple of years.

For me, the fact people still think we could do even better in certain aspects (not just what happened this weekend) can only be a brilliant thing.

Up the Robins.

Exactly.

What the club has done has been a groundbreaking and spectacular success.

It is a shame some still see fit to moan!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Latest replica shirt option