PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 FCUtd Match Thread
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: FCUtd Match Thread  (Read 17417 times)

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
FCUtd Match Thread
« on: February 03, 2019, 04:17:11 PM »

Drench  will obviously start, can't see us changing formation so the only decision is who starts instead of Hulme. Whoever doesn't I can't see their parent club being too chuffed.

I thought we might be better served going 3-5-2 but I can't get Johnson in the team so that's a no no.

Despite our woeful record against them and we'll have a striker leading the line i know nothing about I think we'll win.

FCUtd 0-2 Alty. Hancock Hannigan

Full time and proud of it

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: FCUtd Match Thread
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2019, 06:08:59 PM »

Give Joe Piggott the number 9 shirt.

High tempo from the off but need to finish any early chances.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2019, 06:27:54 PM »

Give Joe Piggott the number 9 shirt.

High tempo from the off but need to finish any early chances.

I think it will be Piggott

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2019, 07:26:53 PM »

I wouldn't be surprised if Pigott and Waterston both start, with Hancock playing wider and Harrop dropping to the bench.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2019, 07:27:36 PM »

FCUM have lost 9/14 at home and only won once in the league at home this season. Although Leamington hadn’t won a league game since November of course.

Stockport and FCUM are the closest we have to local rivals this season and to lose all 6 against the pair would be very poor so we do need to respond. The new GK and young striker should make a big difference and the fact that we would have had 5 separate training sessions and two weeks to stew on comfortably our worst performance of the season i’m hoping will count in our favour.

Assuming it will be segregated too, the view in the paddock down the side if so is alright. Still no booze and the flat terrace behind the goal I think. Guessing we should take about 400-450.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2019, 11:29:01 PM »

I really didn't intend to go to this game, since I don't like the club, their fans, and what I've heard about their ground.

However, I don't want to miss Drench's debut, so it'll be the tram to Piccadilly, and a bus from Oldham Street (81, 81A, or 118). A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do....

roytonmike

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2019, 08:56:40 AM »

I really didn't intend to go to this game, since I don't like the club, their fans, and what I've heard about their ground.
However, I don't want to miss Drench's debut, so it'll be the tram to Piccadilly, and a bus from Oldham Street (81, 81A, or 118). A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do....
Tram from Cornbrook, Deansgate or St. Peter's Square to Newton Heath & Moston & a 15-minute uphill walk is another option for public transport users; buses 181 & 182 from Lever Street pass ground (and Newton Heath & Moston tram stop) also.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2019, 09:06:47 AM »

FCUM have lost 9/14 at home and only won once in the league at home this season. Although Leamington hadn’t won a league game since November of course.

Stockport and FCUM are the closest we have to local rivals this season and to lose all 6 against the pair would be very poor so we do need to respond. The new GK and young striker should make a big difference and the fact that we would have had 5 separate training sessions and two weeks to stew on comfortably our worst performance of the season i’m hoping will count in our favour.

Assuming it will be segregated too, the view in the paddock down the side if so is alright. Still no booze and the flat terrace behind the goal I think. Guessing we should take about 400-450.

Didn't they buy the Dane Bank terracing from Northwich? That was always a good place to watch from from with no pillars in the way.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2019, 09:46:23 AM »

If people feel the need to not attend then fair enough. But every game is a big game between now and then end of the season. It’s a local fixture and one we really need to win. From the point of view that we keep up our playoff challenge and for the fact we’ve never beaten fc United in a competitive fixture. The game will be segregated and it was fine on our previous visit to broadhurst Park. I hope to see similar numbers on Saturday that we saw at stockport

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2019, 01:35:06 PM »

Didn't they buy the Dane Bank terracing from Northwich? That was always a good place to watch from from with no pillars in the way.

It's one of the best views in Non-League Football but it's located at the F.C. United end.

Joebennett

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2019, 03:32:02 PM »

Has the away end been improved at all since our last visit ? Or is it still flat as a pancake.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2019, 03:35:50 PM »

Still completely flat behind the goal I believe. We’ll get about 100ish seats though and some of the side paddock so that’s where I’ll try to go myself.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2019, 04:13:39 PM »

It's one of the best views in Non-League Football but it's located at the F.C. United end.

They must have only taken part of it then. I wonder if any other stand has been used at three different football gorunds?

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2019, 07:00:22 PM »

They must have only taken part of it then. I wonder if any other stand has been used at three different football gorunds?

Good question. I had wondered that, too, when we first played there and couldn't think of any. At lower levels, though, you do see those modular prefabricated stands which could be moved relatively easily, so there could be some.
Two other second-hand stands which we have played in front of in recent years are the older seated stand at Halifax, which came from Manchester City's old Hyde Road ground, and the main stand at Sutton Coldfield, which came from Urmston's Shawe View, adjacent to where Trafford now play.

As for the team, it's unusual to be uncertain of the starting XI this year, but I predict Drench, Harrison and Pigott to start.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2019, 07:19:53 PM »

Incidentally (and I could be wrong of course) but the link for the match information on their website makes no mention of segregation on Saturday. Would be good if the club could clarify this.

http://www.fc-utd.co.uk/story.php?story_id=8251

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 FCUtd Match Thread