PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 FCUtd Match Thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: FCUtd Match Thread  (Read 17212 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: FCUtd Match Thread
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2019, 07:54:39 PM »

The match will be segregated, it was last time and we’ll take a damn sight more this time.
Farnborough purchased the old mainstand from feethams (former home of Darlington) or had agreed to but I don’t think it was ever delivered or moved to Hampshire as Farnborough went under again or something along those lines

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2019, 08:02:54 AM »

Oh I agree, I also assume it will be. However, I noted the previous match information for their last home game vs Stockport clearly indicated well in advance it was segregated-no such news on our game yet hence my question.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2019, 10:55:54 AM »

Oh I agree, I also assume it will be. However, I noted the previous match information for their last home game vs Stockport clearly indicated well in advance it was segregated-no such news on our game yet hence my question.

Indeed - no specified turnstiles in their information.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2019, 09:06:41 PM »

FCUM have lost 9/14 at home and only won once in the league at home this season. Although Leamington hadn’t won a league game since November of course.

Stockport and FCUM are the closest we have to local rivals this season and to lose all 6 against the pair would be very poor so we do need to respond. The new GK and young striker should make a big difference and the fact that we would have had 5 separate training sessions and two weeks to stew on comfortably our worst performance of the season i’m hoping will count in our favour.

Assuming it will be segregated too, the view in the paddock down the side if so is alright. Still no booze and the flat terrace behind the goal I think. Guessing we should take about 400-450.

Didn't they buy the Dane Bank terracing from Northwich? That was always a good place to watch from from with no pillars in the way.

It's one of the best views in Non-League Football but it's located at the F.C. United end.

They must have only taken part of it then. I wonder if any other stand has been used at three different football gorunds?

I believe that they transported all of it & then cut it down.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2019, 09:11:06 PM »

I’ve asked on their forum and apparently according to a number of posters it is NOT segregated on Saturday. So we can get a pint in and have the option to stand on the ‘Dane Bank’ if we wish.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2019, 09:28:07 PM »

FCUM have lost 9/14 at home and only won once in the league at home this season. Although Leamington hadn’t won a league game since November of course.

Stockport and FCUM are the closest we have to local rivals this season and to lose all 6 against the pair would be very poor so we do need to respond. The new GK and young striker should make a big difference and the fact that we would have had 5 separate training sessions and two weeks to stew on comfortably our worst performance of the season i’m hoping will count in our favour.

Assuming it will be segregated too, the view in the paddock down the side if so is alright. Still no booze and the flat terrace behind the goal I think. Guessing we should take about 400-450.

Didn't they buy the Dane Bank terracing from Northwich? That was always a good place to watch from from with no pillars in the way.

It's one of the best views in Non-League Football but it's located at the F.C. United end.

They must have only taken part of it then. I wonder if any other stand has been used at three different football gorunds?

Good question. I had wondered that, too, when we first played there and couldn't think of any. At lower levels, though, you do see those modular prefabricated stands which could be moved relatively easily, so there could be some.
Two other second-hand stands which we have played in front of in recent years are the older seated stand at Halifax, which came from Manchester City's old Hyde Road ground, and the main stand at Sutton Coldfield, which came from Urmston's Shawe View, adjacent to where Trafford now play.

As for the team, it's unusual to be uncertain of the starting XI this year, but I predict Drench, Harrison and Pigott to start.

That is really interesting, I had no idea about either of those.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 09:29:39 PM by Brian Flynn »

roytonmike

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2019, 10:44:27 PM »

Good question. I had wondered that, too, when we first played there and couldn't think of any. At lower levels, though, you do see those modular prefabricated stands which could be moved relatively easily, so there could be some.
Two other second-hand stands which we have played in front of in recent years are the older seated stand at Halifax, which came from Manchester City's old Hyde Road ground, and the main stand at Sutton Coldfield, which came from Urmston's Shawe View, adjacent to where Trafford now play.

As for the team, it's unusual to be uncertain of the starting XI this year, but I predict Drench, Harrison and Pigott to start.
That is really interesting, I had no idea about either of those.
Brian - The old Hyde Road ground was vacated in 1923 & the stand was taken down & re-erected at The Shay at that point. There's a City connection with the Sutton Coldfield one too; I believe Shawe View was in use for one or other of City's junior teams in the 1950s; that stand was bought & re-erected by Sutton in about 1956.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2019, 07:51:17 AM »

Fc United 23/10
Draw 5/2
Alty 10/11

Didn’t guiseley used to have an old stand from
Mancheser City also. Or seats from them at least

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2019, 09:10:45 AM »

Mansfield Town had a stand that came from a race course down south but I think it was replaced earlier this century, probably before they dropped down into the conference.

andrewflynn

« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2019, 09:22:25 AM »

I’ve asked on their forum and apparently according to a number of posters it is NOT segregated on Saturday. So we can get a pint in and have the option to stand on the ‘Dane Bank’ if we wish.

Great. Spreadtrincham FC strike again. We'll have 400-500 there and it'll look no more than 200.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2019, 09:36:10 AM »

Do they have covers?
Full time and proud of it

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2019, 10:57:28 AM »

Mansfield Town had a stand that came from a race course down south but I think it was replaced earlier this century, probably before they dropped down into the conference.

We haven't played in front of it,  but Port Vale's away end has the roof from the main stand at Chester's old ground.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2019, 12:46:10 PM »

Their digital scoreboard came from Tandy.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2019, 02:23:11 PM »

I've only just realised a number of the teams around us are playing each other too:

Brackley v Telford
Spennymoor v BPA
Kiddy v Chester

Seems like Spennymoor are pulling away a bit as well - would be infinitely better to finish 3rd than 4th in this playoff system, but let's concentrate on getting into them full stop :-\

roytonmike

« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2019, 03:02:10 PM »

The stand came from Hurst Park racecourse, was probably built in the 1930s, looked a bit like the side stands at Highbury, was bought by Mansfield in 1959 & re-erected in the 60s. It was replaced in 2000.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 FCUtd Match Thread