PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 BPA Match Thread (part 4)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: BPA Match Thread (part 4)  (Read 13803 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: BPA Match Thread (part 4)
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2019, 10:18:07 AM »

I think the concern is in the last few games Chorley (second half), FC United and now BPA, we have not been at our best.
In all the games, we had very little possession, and the match was played in our own half. The problem is in midfield, we can’t hold the ball or pass it around. The other issue yesterday was the difference off the ball, as soon as we picked it up Bradford pressed and closed us down, we gave them so much space.
Whilst we have got away with results in the last couple of games, Bradford were on a terrible run, FC United not much better, so when we play Spennymoor, we seriously need to up our game.
In terms of the match, why we took JJ off, when he was our only outlet going forward is beyond me. Also when he was substituted he walked straight past the manager, no handshake no thanks, they just ignored each other. Not a good sign.

Tying to make a mountain out of a mole hill about JJ. I watched it from the stands yesterday and for the record I love JJ but he looked lathergic and not at all interested off the ball.

Clee pretty much had him in his pocket, much stronger . It was going to to be either Max or JJ for Ceesay and Max was looking and getting the ball more often than JJ. Albeit Max didn't produce much all game.

JJ was just gutted to come off but it was not long after 3 rather poor crosses. He was gutted to be subbed which was great to see. He only slightly huffed and puffed. No issues at all.

The whole team looked lathergic and it was clear from my view in the stands that we were stood off them too much. We allowed players like Hurst, their 7 and 11 to play.

I agree we still need that midfielder who can calmly put a foot on the ball and pass. Moult and Richman panicked a lot yesterday and did wayward passes. Hurst looked like a midfielder we need, energetic, calm and good passer of the ball. Fawes looks like a player we don't need but maybe too early to say.

Our tempo needs upping on Tuesday. We need both full backs bobbing on, we need to improve setpieces. Let Hampson swing crosses in and not JJ. We need to be more direct in wing play, get at them and beat the fullback. You could see yesterday that we need to up our fitness levels as we looked leggy second half.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 11:04:31 AM by oneedham »

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2019, 10:57:13 AM »

The bottom line is that we were a very dangerous opposition, before Owen Dale returned to Crewe to be an unused sub and Jordan Hulme needlessly got himself sent off a few times. Now, we are a midtable team. Harsh but true.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2019, 11:03:17 AM »

The bottom line is that we were a very dangerous opposition, before Owen Dale returned to Crewe to be an unused sub and Jordan Hulme needlessly got himself sent off a few times. Now, we are a midtable team. Harsh but true.

I agree
It's all my fault.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2019, 11:03:50 AM »

Very true. JJ and Owen were getting at teams. Fullbacks were higher and we miss Jordan every minute of the 90,  it sticks up top with him. He needs to lose his back chat to the refs. We need him so badly for the run in.

andrewflynn

« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2019, 11:10:40 AM »

Tuesday night will set the tone for the rest of the season. Nervous for it.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2019, 12:31:39 PM »

What was the attendance yesterday? (Couldn't make the game)

beaker141

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2019, 01:41:08 PM »

What was the attendance yesterday? (Couldn't make the game)

Probably +another 200 press !

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2019, 03:33:23 PM »

In terms of the match, why we took JJ off, when he was our only outlet going forward is beyond me. Also when he was substituted he walked straight past the manager, no handshake no thanks, they just ignored each other. Not a good sign.

I think it's quite important to correct you here - whilst he certainly looked unhappy, he did shake his manager's hand in the usual way.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2019, 04:17:58 PM »

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2019, 05:14:49 PM »

How poor was the bench yesterday. It's a concern. An injured Poole, white (injured) l sum use. Two new untried players and Thompson.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 18, 2019, 09:21:49 AM »

A fully fit James Poole, with the quality he brings, would be the difference in these types of games - Josh can't do it all on his own.

Hulme's temperament might end up being the difference between him being a professional footballer or not.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 18, 2019, 10:00:47 AM »

The issue for me is that BPA pushed on their two wing backs and prevented ours getting forwards, should have been ripe for a longer ball over the top but we didnt have the pace to do this up front
Bernard Taylors barmy army
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 BPA Match Thread (part 4)