PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 BPA Match Thread (part 4)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: BPA Match Thread (part 4)  (Read 13805 times)

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: BPA Match Thread (part 4)
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2019, 06:56:23 PM »

The defence played well richman was completely bypassed in midfield max was innefective....

anyone who said clee would be a backward step and doesn't think he would have improved our side is just being stubborn.

Agreed. Clee was brilliant all game. Such an intelligent and strong player.

I would defo look into it.

Havern is still quality aswell.

He was a passenger in the previous 3 games
It's all my fault.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2019, 06:58:54 PM »

I thought Piggott managed to hold the ball up well at times without getting on the ref's radar. JJ was just getting into his stride when he was subbed. Dens had a good game but Richman was anonymous. Clee was MOM and a draw was a fair result.  I was disappointed in the end and we've had far worse referees.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2019, 07:01:42 PM »

The defence played well richman was completely bypassed in midfield max was innefective....

anyone who said clee would be a backward step and doesn't think he would have improved our side is just being stubborn.

Agreed. Clee was brilliant all game. Such an intelligent and strong player.

I would defo look into it.

Havern is still quality aswell.

He was a passenger in the previous 3 games

I was going to say. A side who we’ve beaten 3 times and drawn the other. I wouldn’t get too excited about signing all their players.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2019, 07:04:08 PM »

Piggot's through ball for our goal was the only moment of quality in the game.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2019, 07:37:42 PM »

Poor game with little quality

We gave them the ball back when we had a chance to create an attack more times than I can remember - I thought we also lacked any cutting edge upfront today

Hard to pick our MotM
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2019, 07:51:53 PM »

Dreadful game, both teams looked like they were wading through treacle, like they'd been on the lash the night before. The best way to describe it is that both teams seemed to be second to the loose ball - and that shouldn't even make sense.

I don't understand why history has remembered Clee so fondly, and not Luca. The latter was a monster for us for 90% of the time he was with us. Worth remembering most wanted to turf Moult and Richman at the same time as well.

Their number 4 might have wound me up with his squad number (as I'm a traditionalist) but he was the only one that caught my eye - mainly because he was the only one that didn't play like he had 2 bags of cement strapped to his feet.

Ref was decent actually - very sensible and could easily have booked Max for his bad tackle on the halfway line and sent Josh off.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2019, 08:14:34 PM »

If you think the ref was decent I despair. Thank God he had no big decisions to make.

He was f**king dreadful for 90 minutes for both teams
Full time and proud of it

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2019, 08:28:34 PM »

I don't think refs can win these days to be honest.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2019, 08:50:28 PM »

They don't have to win just be consistent
Full time and proud of it

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2019, 09:22:17 PM »

Dreadful game, both teams looked like they were wading through treacle, like they'd been on the lash the night before. The best way to describe it is that both teams seemed to be second to the loose ball - and that shouldn't even make sense.

I don't understand why history has remembered Clee so fondly, and not Luca. The latter was a monster for us for 90% of the time he was with us. Worth remembering most wanted to turf Moult and Richman at the same time as well.

Their number 4 might have wound me up with his squad number (as I'm a traditionalist) but he was the only one that caught my eye - mainly because he was the only one that didn't play like he had 2 bags of cement strapped to his feet.

Ref was decent actually - very sensible and could easily have booked Max for his bad tackle on the halfway line and sent Josh off.

Luca played OK today. I looked out for him. In the other games I didn't notice he was on the pitch. I don't blame him for our decline. He was injured for much of the season and had no say.

buchanj9

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2019, 09:37:34 PM »

We just can’t seem to see out games. We got lucky last week after letting FC back into the game, but we didn’t get as lucky this week.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2019, 11:07:59 PM »

They don't have to win just be consistent

Agree - he has been ok in the past, but today was awarding free kicks for something and then 30 seconds later waving play on for the exact same. Inconsistent with his bookings and warnings also
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

TheGolfRoadView

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2019, 11:17:13 PM »

As per previous comments it was a really poor game, particularly disappointing when there was probably an extra 300/400  on the gate. Sort of match which highlighted the presence that Hulme gives us upfront. Piggott did ok but there were a couple of times when he was looking for free kicks too much rather than setting something up. Although BPA didn't create alot despite all their possession, the only surprise for me was it took them so long to eventually equalise. Going to have to raise our game to get anything v Spennymoor on Tuesday.

Old Alt

« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2019, 08:13:48 AM »

I think the concern is in the last few games Chorley (second half), FC United and now BPA, we have not been at our best.
In all the games, we had very little possession, and the match was played in our own half. The problem is in midfield, we can’t hold the ball or pass it around. The other issue yesterday was the difference off the ball, as soon as we picked it up Bradford pressed and closed us down, we gave them so much space.
Whilst we have got away with results in the last couple of games, Bradford were on a terrible run, FC United not much better, so when we play Spennymoor, we seriously need to up our game.
In terms of the match, why we took JJ off, when he was our only outlet going forward is beyond me. Also when he was substituted he walked straight past the manager, no handshake no thanks, they just ignored each other. Not a good sign.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2019, 10:05:07 AM »

What was the attendance yesterday? (Couldn't make the game)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 BPA Match Thread (part 4)