PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Granada
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Granada  (Read 6958 times)

John Edwards

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Granada
« on: February 14, 2019, 12:25:14 PM »

We're on Granada Reports this evening, folks - full details on the club website.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Granada
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2019, 03:36:32 PM »

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

John Edwards

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2019, 04:31:12 PM »

Nepotism? If you're referring to AJ, that's an unfair and completely wrong accusation, Cult. I liaised with Chris Hall over coverage, and he said he would like to film the kit being laid out in the home changing room and also interview the chairman. After doing all that, Chris said 'I don't suppose there'd be a player available, would there?' AJ happened to be on hand because of the community work he does, and he was good enough to step before the camera. There were no other players around. In much the same way, the subsequent interview with John Skelhorn was an afterthought by Chris. Nepotism never came into it.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2019, 06:07:55 PM »

Nepotism? If you're referring to AJ, that's an unfair and completely wrong accusation, Cult. I liaised with Chris Hall over coverage, and he said he would like to film the kit being laid out in the home changing room and also interview the chairman. After doing all that, Chris said 'I don't suppose there'd be a player available, would there?' AJ happened to be on hand because of the community work he does, and he was good enough to step before the camera. There were no other players around. In much the same way, the subsequent interview with John Skelhorn was an afterthought by Chris. Nepotism never came into it.

I do think if there was a plan of ITV coming to film - however short notice - ot of a squad of 20 a players likely to wear the kit on the day may have been better to invite down.
It's all my fault.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2019, 06:47:11 PM »

I do think if there was a plan of ITV coming to film - however short notice - ot of a squad of 20 a players likely to wear the kit on the day may have been better to invite down.

Agreed. Surely we could’ve done better than the 4th choice keeper.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2019, 06:50:50 PM »

Unbelievable!

Nit picking I think they call it.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2019, 06:53:43 PM »

Unbelievable!

Perhaps our Kit Manafacturer or Diversity Team could have featured instead?
It's all my fault.

Inclusion and Diversity

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2019, 08:23:39 PM »

Unbelievable!

Perhaps our Kit Manafacturer or Diversity Team could have featured instead?
We refused to go on Granada, it's too low brow for us

Jezza

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2019, 08:43:40 PM »

Thoughts;
Nice coverage of the hating macc town flag
Nice of Rowley not to take all the credit "I er we've managed to spread the word"....
Personally I hate the kit but almost by accident it seems to be one that captures the imagination more than a more subtle one.
Can't imagine kingy wearing it.....

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2019, 09:16:21 PM »

Thoughts;
Nice of Rowley not to take all the credit "I er we've managed to spread the word"....
Personally I hate the kit but almost by accident it seems to be one that captures the imagination more than a more subtle one.

Great line LOL

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2019, 09:34:19 PM »

Thoughts;

The whole point, in my opinion, is that it is not meant to be subtle. It's meant to be "in your face" and it fully represents the rainbow flag, even if that is not pleasing to everyone's eye. Going forward, perhaps a more subtle representation of the flag could be incorporated into a kit, but the shirt we're wearing this Saturday serves its purpose perfectly.
Come on Alty!

Inclusion and Diversity

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2019, 09:51:09 PM »

Thoughts;

The whole point, in my opinion, is that it is not meant to be subtle. It's meant to be "in your face" and it fully represents the rainbow flag, even if that is not pleasing to everyone's eye. Going forward, perhaps a more subtle representation of the flag could be incorporated into a kit, but the shirt we're wearing this Saturday serves its purpose perfectly.
Spot on. Its not to everyones liking but it was no accident.

andrewflynn

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2019, 10:45:58 AM »

It's a horrible kit and no amount of coverage is going to win me and others over to it, unfortunately. I still firmly believe the same reach could have been achieved with a more considered design and a thought out launch. Got to mention this quote from Bill in today's Telegraph:

"It’s not the most aesthetically pleasing of kits but that’s not the point - We’re not making a fashion statement, we’re making a statement of belief.” A subtle acceptance spun into a really positive statement about what we're doing. Good work indeed.

Full article: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/02/15/altrincham-prepare-make-history-wearing-lgbt-rainbow-kit-would/

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2019, 02:26:24 PM »

It's a horrible kit and no amount of coverage is going to win me and others over to it, unfortunately. I still firmly believe the same reach could have been achieved with a more considered design and a thought out launch. Got to mention this quote from Bill in today's Telegraph:

"It’s not the most aesthetically pleasing of kits but that’s not the point - We’re not making a fashion statement, we’re making a statement of belief.” A subtle acceptance spun into a really positive statement about what we're doing. Good work indeed.

Full article: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/02/15/altrincham-prepare-make-history-wearing-lgbt-rainbow-kit-would/

I echo Andrew's sentiments here. The launch has been haphazard.

However, really good quote in Sky Sports - "My feeling is, if there are people who like what we're doing and want to be a part of this, then we would welcome additional investment - of manpower, brainpower, and of funds, and we have shares for sale. People coming and investing in the club off the back of this, and contributing, would be a great thing for us." - Bill Waterson.

I would have hoped for mor,e but atleast a mention of investment is a nice change.
It's all my fault.

EX GK

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2019, 03:20:21 PM »

This criticism of AJ is totally unwarranted, he was very professional in his manner and comments, and spoke as any Altrincham player would have. I was present as well, and Chris asked at short notice if any player was present, and AJ is a current Altrincham player , so met the requirements exactly. I think his interview was excellent!!
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Granada